Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 05:00:59 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Progression Question  (Read 6495 times)
tholumar

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2011, 09:29:54 pm »

I'm slowly progressing through EZ. I've got a 6 box team, pal,war,mag,shm,mnk,pal. Everyone has their 2.0s (2 for mnk and war). My main paladin has his 2.5. I started back in october I think. My main paladin has about 5-6 play days.

At this point I need to start working qvic, but when working through and doing bosses, if I lose a char, it basically all falls apart. QVIC doesn't allow CoTH, so after I lose someone I spend a lot of time just running them back through.

What I'm wondering is, what do you think my best path is. Sit in LDON and work on charms or should I work on FG/CG for the rest of the team so they can get 2.5s?

Right now my war has a guardian 4, each pal has an oracle, mag has a sorc. LDON is easy, QVIC is HARD.

So what do you think? Sit in LDON or farm for CG/FG? My problem farming CG/FG is, I normally only play for an hour or two at a time. Farming CG/FG tends to be pretty boring just waiting in line, I definitely have more fun killing stuff in LDON, but I don't really see a lot of progress doing LDON since charms are so slow.

Thanks for your input!

Thol
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 09:42:34 pm »

I suggest doing the tedious farming to get everyone their 2.5.
Obviously don't waste LDoN points on armor since charms are better to spend it on... however worst case scenario if you need to get some for your tanks it might be ok to use the actual cards for armor.

TheBloodmoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 09:46:50 pm »

My suggestion is to complete FG/CG for your entire team before attempting to progress further.  This is imperative to surviving Qvic and beyond.  FG access also grants you an instant cast resurrect stone (from the FG vendor).  So if you do lose a toon or two, rezzing them back in is painless.
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 03:34:48 am »

If I'm not mistaken, paladins get a rez spell.

Just saying.

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Storm

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 03:48:00 am »

1. Get oracle charms lvl 1 for your both pals (couple hours farming coins each).  Make sure you always have the Focus of Healing spell casted on your both pals (lvl1 pally spell).
2. The correct charm for your warrior is sorcerer.  Or you can buy a Fluxing stick from the noob vendor in the FG zone for 50k (same effect)
3. Do the FG quest for your pals and war (only hard thing is king chest cards in ldon 5)
4. Get epics 2.5 on those 3 chars (easy)
5. Get epic 3.0 on those 3 chars (ask someone to kill twinkle toes for you)

Profit !!  Qvic will be easy.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 03:59:28 am »

The correct charm for a warrior sort of depends on that warrior's gear.  A warrior in Qvic will not have anger augs, so a sorc charm doesn't do anything for them.  I found that a guardian charm was better for me even into t2 because I didn't have a sorc charm better than level 10.
ronmeister

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 04:11:57 am »

it may be worth asking someone to run you through qvic on your pally to get him his epic 3 .One epic three on pally will make it a whole lot easier also make sure u have the rez stone from FG put it on a hotkey and if anyone dies mid fight just target them click retarget mob should be able to rez back into fight.Make sure you use area taunt on your pally and let him tank he will out tank your warrior till u get anger aug's.
Thats how i did it i use warrior pally rogue sk and monk sometimes i will add another sk if i want to fill the group.
Nebbeny

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 05:28:43 pm »

I'm not ingame so i can't give you the exact spell names, but when you right click an empty spell gem, under utility detrimental, and then under jolt, you'll see 2 spells for a pally, one is a single target taunt, the other is a PBAE taunt.  They cast in under a second and refresh pretty fast.
Pal 3.0 will give you more healing
war 3.0 will give you AE agro proc
shm 3.0 will give your entire group more health and other stats
monk 3.0 slight increase to dps and survivability, not a priority really
mage 3.0 i think a better pet? not sure on that one as i dont run a mage.

Those are your options, if it's AE agro letting you down adn getting people killed, grab the warriors, if it's not enough heals, a pally, if you think it's spike damage killing you, then go for the shamans.  I wouldn't advise worrying about the monk/mage one yet though

my 2cp
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 05:56:58 pm »

@ronmeister: As far as area taunt, I'm not sure how to do that with the paladin? I know i have that AA on my war, but the paladin doesn't seem to? He doesn't have a problem keeping agro but area taunt might be nice when I have adds.

Paladins get an PBAoE spell that generates gratuitous amounts of aggro for early game. Look under the Jolt category of Detrimental spells

lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 06:06:33 pm »

It's called Dread Gaze or something similar.  It's a SK spell that pallies also have here.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)