Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 04:53:12 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Help yourselves....  (Read 6562 times)
JDFriend

Older i get the less i care to understand

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2011, 04:23:59 pm »

Hi,

This is not a rant. This is a discussion, and its serious xD, its one of the few times I will not typo out of anger or run-on, like i often do.

Did we just receive an massive influx of newbies? I'm seeing more and more in ooc, "where are my epics weapons?" , "how do I chat with this vendor?" , "Is anyone PL'ing today?"

I have nothing against new players, but it almost seems to me like a server recently shut down, and they shifted over to us with no other choice avail??

This is EZ SERVER, one should almost NEVER, I mean NEVER EVER, see spam asking for pl's. You start at lvl1 with epic1.0 from live, the exp is 5x what you gain on live. And with very minimal effort making a war/pal to start with, you can be at 100khp in 2weeks or so. Which would take approx 4 years on live.

Genuine people that need help, I am very happy to assist and help them, i have lately told alot of people im busy atm, because i rolled 4 new alts myself and am gearing them out. But when your name is "Useless" or "Greedy" and your asking for epic runs, chances are im going to judge a book by its cover on this one, and offer you help with a big fat "NO"

Promoting yourself as useless or selfish or greedy, and asking for help out of the kindness of ones heart, is like a door to door saleman trying to pitch the next best product to you, Telling you how successful the company is and how well he is doing selling them. All the while he looks like he either jsut tied one on, or really F'in needs to tie one on, it just doesn't sell.

Spend some time on the server getting to know people before you roll a toon and hit 10 and ask for pl's or epic runs.

Yeah, I ran on. But this had to be addressed..... GL, i know ill see like 10% of em anyhow in next month or so.
P.S... This is not at all directed to elisiah, Elisiah you are one of the nicest people i have come across asking for help with your toon. This is addressing the droves of players that showed up overnight begging for help.
-Lightblade
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 04:25:47 pm by JDFriend » Logged

Elisiah

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 04:32:47 pm »

Yeah, I have noticed a TON of people (including myself) asking for help with stuff lately. I know that most of the stuff I ask for can be boxed, but like my thread says, my comp won't let me box, even after making a second folder. I'm gonna see if there are any other changes I can make that may help, but until then, I'm probably still gonna be asking for help Tongue

And thanks Light for pointing out that it wasn't directed at me lol cause thats what came to mind when I first started reading and i felt bad lol

JDFriend

Older i get the less i care to understand

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 04:37:13 pm »

Hell no elisiah, and ill tell you what, i cant spend hours farming it for you, but, ill personally send u tells on my rots and invite you to get em, and coth you to it ok. I meant what i said, you ask politely and nciely, some of these clowns are asking like i owe em something.... and I can happily say i never met em before  !!!

When you see me online in a few min, when my work is done, hit me in tells. I got a solution.

-Lightblade

jew_nose_it

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 05:14:03 pm »

I completely agree with this.  If I see that Colby guy spamming OOC for PLs one more time...

I don't mind people asking for help once or twice.  But when you /ooc for it over and over and over, just man up, load 2 boxes and do it yourself the game is not that hard.

Owner of Herpp, Herpderpp, Heinzz, Djay, Eyelike, and Durkadurkaa

Leader of <Rainbow Warriors>!!!!!
sowilorune

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 06:02:41 pm »

Insight from a new player:

1.  Well, I know that I was attracted to this server when the news about Fippy server hit the press.  Then, I paused for a moment, and really asked myself if I wanted to spend hundreds of hours camping highpass, lower guk, and drudging through old world content (again) when all I wanted was some quality nostalgia and ownage.   Perhaps the influx is for this reason among some newer players?

2.  Outside of info contained in the youtube videos, help topics, and a few sources, some older players might feel overwhelmed at all the changes.  That is how I feel at the moment (I have not received my copy of CoF yet).  Even after several hours of preliminary research, I have dozens of questions still in my head.  When the game arrives and I get inside the game, I can only dream of how many more questions I'll have, lol. 

3.  Some folks cannot box.  I pray that this laptop can handle at least a triple box, so that I can figure out the mystic EQ art of self-sufficiency.  If I can't box, I hope that I can at least find a guild, make a few friends, or be self sufficient enough to figure out a way.  General requests for charity should be a desperate last resort. 

But yeah, there is no point in coming off as a beggar by spamming channels.  Unfortunately, some lack social tact to send tells, make friends, and know who to ask when a helping hand is needed.  Those who lack such tact are the same individuals that flood chat channels and give off an air of entitlement.
Cafi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 06:28:18 pm »

Im starting a new toon tonight. Im going to name him l00twh0r3. I expect all of you to help me get him up to and through t4.

PS: seriously. Turn off your OOC. Someone said it was as bad as barrens chat, which its at least as bad, if not worse then those idiot 12 year olds in WoW.

PPS: Sorry to elisiah, I almost drug you into my guild instance last night. I think I rotted a full set of dragon class trying to get my stupid shaman his gloves. Of which I still havent farmed yet. Which has me rather miffed. not that Im bitter to have t3 sitting in the bank and cant equip due to some festive lack of POD gloves.

PPPS: I rather see someone asking/begging for help, than some of the rank horrid racial sexist spew that Ive seen in OOC. When I started playing EQ again I made the horrible mistake of actually reading OOC again, very briefly mind you. Then it was back to normal, if its not neon green (guild) or neon yellow (tells) I ignore it.
Elisiah

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 06:32:32 pm »

I'm not exactly sure what to make of that post :S

Cafi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 08:05:04 pm »

its part serious post, part blatant sarcasm  Tongue
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 08:18:27 pm »

PS: seriously. Turn off your OOC. Someone said it was as bad as barrens chat, which its at least as bad, if not worse then those idiot 12 year olds in WoW.

This should never even have to be an option for anyone. In an MMO, the purpose is to socialize with people. With global chat, should make for interesting conversations and sharing of knowledge.
When you are forced to turn it off because of beggars, its essentially destroying a major part of the experience.
You could give advice on par with that, and just say "Go play a single player game offline", pretty close to the same thing you said there.

funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 09:09:52 pm »

If it stays like this maybe Hunter should add a flagging process before you are allowed to type in OOC. Make part of the flagging getting a code or something from a post in the quest and guides section.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 10:30:35 pm by funkinmofo » Logged

Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 03:21:43 am »

PL me Lightblade!

-Clevitsj

PS: I agree, and I have said this in my own "Read this first NOOBS" post. Be nice, and people will be nice to you. Be an ass, and people will rub their own ass in your face.

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 85
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)