Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 01:20:12 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Help with custom files  (Read 5851 times)
Zephr

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2011, 06:59:08 pm »

Alright, I haven't played in a while and was having some trouble that I never had before.

1. Spells, all of them. I can't see information on the spells, any of em. Same with disciplines. I have tried re-downloading the spell file and nothings working.

2. Plane of Dragons, can't zone there. I have tried every possible way of getting into the zone, but none actually take me there. I have also tried re-downloading this file multiple times and nothings working.

3. Plane of Gods, can't give info because I'm not flagged for here yet, but I think I might be having the same problem as Dragons.

I have tried finding the answer around the forums, can't find anything. I've asked in-game and no one feels like responding to the question.

*I am using the Seeds of Destruction client.
*Will edit in more info if requested.

*I'm on Windows 7.
*Files are being put in my EQ Directory.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 07:23:58 pm by Zephr » Logged
Agrias

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 07:03:24 pm »

Which folder have been putting the downloaded files in?
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 07:10:07 pm »

Which operating system are you using? you may have been putting the files in the right place but not have administrative permissions to change the files.

Zephr

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 07:23:22 pm »

I've been putting the files into the EQ Directory, and I'm on Windows 7.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 08:19:16 pm »

There are special permissions on the Program Files and Program Files(x86) directories in Windows 7.  If your EQ directory is under there then the files get virtualized and it's a pain to find them.  Your best bet is to move the EQ directory somewhere else, like C:\EQ and then apply the necessary files.

If it isn't in one of the special directories then the files should go in the same directory where eqgame.exe is.
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 09:05:51 pm »

If you want to find the virtual files head to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\

If you used the default installation path, if you customized your installation path make the necessary changes when looking for your virtual file location

USERNAME is the windows logon username

Zephr

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 09:50:07 pm »

I've gone through these and I'm still having the same problems.
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 10:00:57 pm »

Are you unzipping directly from the zipped file? Have you tried unzipping them into a folder on your desktop and copying them over?
Did you see your everquest directory in the virtual location? If you did thats where you will have to replace the files if they are showing there (although usually virtualization is only done to the character profiles and maps)

Do you have full ownership on your everquest directory? By default you will have read only

Zephr

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 10:06:53 pm »

Yes, I have tried unzipping them to Desktop and putting them in. I have tried unzipping them directly into the directory. I did NOT see my EQ directory in the virtual location. I do indeed have full ownership on my EQ Directory.
Zephr

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 01:21:31 am »

I think I found out my problem, I guess I was using the House of Thule client and didn't realize it lol, don't know how I missed that.. I can't figure out how to get the SoD client because when I try to re-download it through Steam, it goes straight to House of Thule. If anyone has a fix for this, please let me know.
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 01:31:49 am »

There is no fix to get SoD/SoF from steam. Will either have to get from a disc (if you still have one kicking around), from a torrent or from a friend that has it.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 110
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)