Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 10:23:33 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Personal thoughts from a newbie  (Read 4384 times)
Jabberwocky

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2011, 03:53:08 pm »

Ok, i'll try and make this somewhat short.  But to background a little.  I played live for over 4 years, from original throw PoP and a little beyond where the aa grind was at it's worst.  Then took some time off and moved to WoW til now.  The reason I started here was someone recommended p99 and i checked out ez and thought it was something similar but just enough different to entice.

The farthest I've gone has been some HoH, have a few toons with 3.0's, and have some t3.

Things I miss. (played mostly monk and bard on live)

1) I miss pulling.  Where there was a decent amount of strategy involved instead of mad bot charge.
2) I miss bards.  It seems as though bard and bard abilities have been lost in the crowd other than as buff bot.  oh and bard speed.  

Observations and recommendations.  First by saying, I appreciate the work that has been put into this server and it seems like it's good a great population, and I appreciate all the work Hunter has put in.

1) the change in xp in many ways seems somewhat counterproductive and only serves to add grind.  I'd like to see it around the 2.5-3ish.  Don't get me wrong here, I don't mind grind, but the server seems to be designed as a level 70 server, thus it hurts the newbie coming up.  If the change in xp was designed to slow down the RoA's design, I can understand the want to slow that down.  I don't know if there is a way to keep the first time leveler easier or if there is a way in game to recognize the difference between a brand new level 1 and a roa level 1.

2) the changes recently, meaning HoH, seem to have made the grind for UC a much more rng type grind than the RoA type grind.  IMO, changing it to a 1 in 25 or 30 would make more sense instead of a drop rate similar to LDoN6.

3) the new instancing changes are amazing.  This way people can farm as much as they want, pull as much as they want and sell as much as they want without having to worry about leaving guild, inviting to a new guild, leaving guild and inviting to a new guild.  It also encourages some people to actually group.  Thoughts on it, might there be a 4th option, a raid instance:  meaning since there are a lot of people that army box.  It would encourage the boxers and maybe a raid with more than 1 guild to group play instead of just 'what can i do with 6 of my toons.'

4) bosses only seem to be essentially 2 varieties, one with adds and one without, and as thus not much strat envolved.  Not sure if there is a way to modify some of the boss scripts to change these.  Add that I'm not sure how this would play with boxing toons either.

5) it seems that by adding some of the things recently, we need to carry an entire bag of clickies.  Not sure if there is a way to add some of these into less.  CG ring, PoD ring, HoH ring, PoA ring, banker, waypoint, etc...  Not sure if there is a way to combine some of these or be able to make a keychain thing out of it.

One reason I liked this server at the beginning was that it seemed that with this type of game/server, there is more player input and more of those put into action unlike the corporate games like EQ was and WoW is today where you feel like no one cares or listens.

Thus these are just my thoughts as a newbie.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 04:04:41 pm by Jabberwocky » Logged
bozac

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 10:12:53 pm »

how bout a safety dance boss, that one in wow was fun as hell

Bozac
SuFuCru

Utility, War
Bozac, Magician
Bozpal, Pally
Leeme, Ranger
Laquandra, SK