Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 04:59:23 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: I enjoy rainy days and long walks in burning woods  (Read 11852 times)
Otaduke

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 05:04:38 pm »

Fun times. I started out on a blue server with a Barb Shaman. Had so much play time in Blackburrow that I started having dreams/nightmares of the zone.

Later I decided to join my brother's and sister inlaws on SZ, they were season players and I was about as newb as you can get and slow when it came to pvp. I rolled up an Iksar Shaman and during pvp encounters tempers would flare over Teamspeak. "Don HEAL me, Snare/Root that @#$# MALO MALO DAMN!!! I took verbal beatings pretty well but eventually my brother's and sister in law moved on to DAoC or NWN I think, leaving me in EQ solo. I was getting Cc'd by some goody's and Da Bashin Iggles came in and cleaned house to let me get my corpse back then I was invited to join the ranks of Da Bashin Iggles.

Trying to advance and looking for Goody's and Newts every where we went. Some of the Halloween event's were a blast along with huge PVP battles in Lake Rathetear.

The there are those memory you can never forget year after year and always fun to bring up. Like when your guild leader takes you to a new zone that you have to have a wizard to port you to and gets you killed. Not a big deal but having a wife and needing to log off for the night to early to do a CR and your corpse is stuck left up in Plane of Hate and no way to get back to recover your gear. My fearless Guild leader says don't worry give me your account info and I'll recover your corpse for you. Then you logon and and he gives some lame excuse that my password I gave him did not work.

Then ks'ing all of my pvp kills.  Too bad there was no system to track assisted pvp kill's. Otaduke had Malos, snare and dots cooking off as he ran like the wind with Spirit of Cheetah trying to stay alive and Cafi would run up behind the newts and goody's and poke em one time for the credit  Cry

Oh and then there were those times were we made Body walls at the entrance to Ssraeshza Temple to keep the newts and goody's from raiding. Using growth on all the phatty's and having everyone on guard to rain down aoe snare, stuns, dd while others battle rezed the dead or all running back to CR and do it again for hours on end.

Oh yeah and damn those bards with their Charming and running you in to a nest of red con mobs to get an exp loss death and next to impossible CR.

Good times back in the day and still running around in a virtual world of EQ 10+ years later with a good friend and meeting new friends making new memory's on EZ.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 05:08:14 pm by Otaduke » Logged
Cafi

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, 08:44:31 am »

lol you bastard, you did give me the wrong password. I also sent an entire raid up there to rebreak and get your body back so there.  Tongue
Otaduke

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 10:42:35 am »

yup good times and lots of team effort just to help out a fallen soldier  Grin
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis