Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 01:32:53 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: PoDragons Etiquette  (Read 6903 times)
Undeterred

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2012, 09:22:08 am »

Do we have a general consensus in PoD ...

Mainly asking about spawns and wipes.
I saw a player wipe in T1, I offered a rez for the player to try again
In the mean time a third player just ran in stomped and looted it...
I found this offensive, and the rezzed player was disheartened as well
I could have easily taken that mob, but it wasn't my spawn, the player who killed the mob said if a player wipes the spawn is free game.

Where do we stand here? I've always thought we allow the player a chance to to try again
nulland
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 09:33:36 am »

Rules or not, that's a dick move unsuitable for any zone.  That's why I instance everything.  Doesn't really answer your question, but I feel you aren't wrong in your response.
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 10:06:37 am »

Technically you're not supposed to steal mobs you don't spawn as per the server rules. Typically though if the tiki has respawned and the boss is there, I try to contact people I see corpses of informing them that I'm going to kill it and that they are free to have the loot (and I'll res/CoH them so they can loot it). In one circumstance that the boss in question was Kronos, the guy gave me the essence he dropped as a thanks for not jacking his boss.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 05:43:38 pm »

NO KILL STEALING
Place nice here, and don't kill steal. You can hold a camp if you are not afk. When a mob spawns, you need to engage it, or else you will be considered afk and forfeit the camp. You can not have 1 toon hold the camp while waiting for your group to arrive. If your not ready to engage when the mob spawns, then your not camping it, and forfeit the rights to the camp if another party wants it. If a guild is actively buffing up when a boss spawns, then please give them about 5 minutes to engage, or else they lose the rights to the boss. If a guild spawns a boss thru a turn in quest, then only that guild has rights to the boss. You can't hold 2 or more camps at the same time, so if a group/guild is fighting a boss, then another group/guild is welcome to 'leap frog' and claim the next boss.

NO HORDING Tiki's
If the Tiki is up and you were there first, you have 5 minutes to use a Crystal to spawn the boss, or give up the camp to someone else. After the boss event is over, either succeed or fail, then you must give another group a chance to spawn the next boss. If multiple groups showed up at the exact same time, then try doing a /random to see who gets first round for a boss. Do not pull trash to Tiki's or set up camp near Tiki's for killing trash, or train the Tiki areas, cause that will be considered griefing and training. EZ Server is policed by the users with fraps and screen shots. If you think another group is going to grief you and break the rules, then make a video with fraps, preferably before you even start the event, to show the whole story. Users breaking rules and caught on video will be dealt with, and possibly banned.

General rule of thumb for internet gaming: Don't be a dick.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Gilthanas

EZ > EQ Live

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 04:36:21 pm »

Some guy in pub seemed to think that he could hoard both the earth and ice tiki as long he wanted like he owned that whole half of the map. Made me rage inside. He was by ice tiki when I spawned earth and he gave me grief about it. I tried to explain that what he was doing was against server rules but he didn't believe me. I am right aren't I?
Reako66

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 05:06:10 pm »

You are right.
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 07:08:30 pm »

What you get when a server has no enforcer around.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Tananthalas

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 09:39:15 pm »

99% of the time this server needs no enforcer.  This is seriously one of the best communities I have seen.  The people here who help make it that way have every right to be as proud as Hunter of that fact. 

Tanann, Xinora, Toade, Navarre, Ariakis, Verminaard
Lauralanthalasa, Dezra, Astinus, Alhana, Goldmoon
oldepharte

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 04:37:23 pm »

heh, keep thinking there is no enforcer around.  You might be surprised to find how many folks can reach over and tap that numpad - key in under a second.

Most higher level players have and use FRAPs, typically capturing video evidence of the infraction and discussing the problem with the person creating it.  That almost always results in a better understanding and problem resolution.  If it doesn't and the behavior continues then there are two film clips to bother Hunter with viewing and reacting to, typically with the Ban Hammer(tm)

No one wants to bust chops, they want to get their game on and don't care about your game as long as it doesn't impact theirs.  With instances so cheap there really is no excuse for being a jerkface in a public zone.

Skeezy Ratty Troll
Bladethorn

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 06:15:10 pm »

With instances so cheap there really is no excuse for being a jerkface in a public zone.

Skeezy Ratty Troll

Amen

~Guild Pa'ahana~

~Bladethorn, Ironskin, Ironhyde, Stormfade, Redthorne, Redwynd, Xhaidis, Forbid, Vailyn, Aayen, Greyshadow~
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 72
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)