Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 06:25:08 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Clip Plane  (Read 5381 times)
Gallus85

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2011, 03:23:23 am »

I've been having a lot of trouble with my game's view distance.  In the game you can't see anything further out then about 75 or 100 meters.  I set the option to max, and nothing happens, even after relogging, zoning, etc etc.

in the eqclient.ini file, clip plane is set to 20.  I try to manually change this to 90, or 100, and when I log into the game, everything looks the same, and when I log out and recheck the ini file, it's reverted back to 20.

Anyone know how to fix this?
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 04:29:11 am »

if you run vista or windows 7 check
"C:\Users\YOURWINDOWSUSERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest" see if there is a copy of your eqclient.ini in there. Thats the one that gets loaded if its there so change that one. The one in the normal directory is protected from changes by windows unless you take over the folders/subfolders by changing permissions.

This is taking into consideration you installed it into the default directory during install...

*edit*
Guess I should add that you need to change your folder view settings to show hidden files and folders as well as Protected Operating System Files to be able to see this path.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 05:02:47 am by funkinmofo » Logged

Gallus85

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 05:15:11 am »

Doing a search through my PC, I only seem to have one eqclient.ini file.

I have a steam copy of EQ that I downloaded so I could play on the emulator, but all I did was copy the whole folder as soon as it finished downloading, and made a new folder called everquest_copy. Then inside that folder I placed the the everquest copy that I play the emulator out of.  My steam version doesn't even have an eqclient.ini file, and I don't have an Appdata file under users\mywindowusername.

Any ideas on anything I can do?

Also, I have the underfoot version from steam.  I payed for it because I thought having the most up to date version of EQ would be best for this emulator compatibility, but I also notice that Drakkin males don't have animations, and some item descriptions have weird errors.

The forums suggest that the steam UF version is missing some needed files.  What is the best place I can get the files I need to make the game work correctly?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 06:07:23 am by Gallus85 » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061