Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 07:18:20 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: "Sleeping" Instances  (Read 4417 times)
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2011, 01:09:59 am »

I can understand the necessity for unused instances to be put to sleep. But does it really require 6-9 login attempts to wake it up?

Strix

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 02:58:27 am »

Hey there Funk

Yes - very frustrating.  Zhaonannan and I tried doing a run of the Scepter quest yesterday and every zone we did crashed us to desktop adding (in some instances) up to 10 mins to log all the toons back in.  Each attempt to log our toons back in took a minimum of three tries before the zone "woke-up" (worst zone took me 9 attempts at login).  If this is a regular feature of the server that's here to stay - it's just added another 100 mins (or so) to a run of that quest. 

It also seems that when some of the un-used instances are put to sleep... it's not in the manner of a drink of milk and a bedtime story (more like: "Sorry little one... Mummy and Daddy had to put your Sooky to sleep" kind of way).

Would be nice to start a GI sometime that lasts the full 7 days.

My thoughts.
Strix

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 12:41:20 pm »

sounds like he needs to up the limit of dynamic zones again.

trogdorr

<Dignatio>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 02:24:47 pm »

Chances are i suspect that it will get worse before it will get better. Welcome to summer player season.
If I zone a toon in to wake it up, it usually goes to desktop, but i relog him and enter the group into zone just fine.  A few things to keep in mind about sleeping instances are:

Don't Create instances inside instances. This goes for making group instance inside a guild instance as well. It seems to not spawn the instance correctly. Several free trips to your desktop is usually the result.

If You seem half disconnected, you are. Instances lose sync with the server and some or all mobs disappear. Health will stop regenerating. Quickly relogging the affected toon will fix it without the zone crashing.

In total Disconnect You might see the mobs but you wont see your group members anymore. You should log all your group and or have everyone leave the instance and wait 5 minutes for it to finish crashing and spawn your instance over.

This is how it will be until further notice. Or until another coder finishes the instance system. It works but its flawed and its still better than no instances so lets just suck it up.

~Trogdorr~Doktorr~
    ~Templarr~Kickz~
~Stinkfistz~Conspiracy~
Sickem

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 04:55:09 pm »

This is how it will be until further notice. Or until another coder finishes the instance system. It works but its flawed and its still better than no instances so lets just suck it up.

Best advice ^

I've also found if I only have 1 instance going (usually guild) I almost never have issues with it. When I make a few instances related to my guild (not even the same zones) they become more unstable. Either way, I send in 1 sacrificial toon to wake it up Cheesy

stad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 03:03:36 am »

instances at sleep does that mean you won't see them or you can see them and crash at entering?

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)