Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 03:06:24 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 6 box fps issues.  (Read 3413 times)
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2011, 10:42:56 am »

Hello all.  I used to 6 box on this server about a year ago with relatively no issues.  Maybe 30 frames minimum.  Now I'm having troubles bringing up that 6th toon dropping frames to 15ish max. 

What are the differences between now and then?  I can't remember my except eq config settings but most things are down.  Models, shadows, lighting etc.  I have actually upgrade hardware on the computer since then.

5870 ATI
8600 intel C2D
8 gig ram

The only significant difference and possible culprit in my eyes is Windows 7.  I'm wondering if having these frames in the background instead of minimized is causing this huge spike difference.

I use WinEq and SOD client.  Any tips will be appreciated.  If you need more info just ask and you shall receive
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 01:03:54 pm »

Windows xp is really eq friendly. When I was on xp I could minimize my client and lower memusage down to 30k whereas it would swell to 100k+ when left open. W7 does not do that though it does not swell either. Kind of a trade off. I was using wineq when I switched to W7 and could barely get 6 clients open. I loaded up eq without wineq and could get 8 or 9 open. This is with mq2 though that has a clip limiter or something, I left mine as it was when I got it and it does a better job than wineq. I also have never been able to see a reduction of quality. There are some other lines in your eqclient.ini that you can reduce also. I got rid of fire and smoke and weapon particles. You can turn all those down from within eq but until you get into your ini you will never be able to completely get rid of it. Frankly I don't care to see fire or smoke enough for my pc to slow down for. Currently I can load up 12+ clients with W7. My pc has 2.4 dual core processor (weakest part) 260 nvidea (896mb ram) 8gigs of ddr2 ram. Mine is not all that powerful of a pc so with a few tweaks you can get yours to perform better than it is now.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 302