Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 06, 2024, 06:19:15 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Item graphics -- Ideas, changes, proposals, etc.  (Read 3189 times)
yawn_god

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2011, 11:02:24 pm »

I'm very much aware that it's rude to suggest changes based on personal opinion, but, eh, I want to anyway. 

I'm not sure if you're aware of the program, Hunter, but I've discovered a nifty little application that allows you to view many items in the game.  The only way I knew how to view any item was to summon it in game as a GM, but with this I don't have to create a private server just for item viewing, nor does anyone else.

http://www.georgestools.eqemulator.net/weapon_encyclopedia.zip

I think everyone should have a look at this, just to see what it's like. 

My personal gripe was the monk 3.0 epic weapon being a spiked mace.  Of all the graphics, a spiked mace?  They're supposed to be !EPIC! weapons, looking awesome with super pizazz and stuff.  Spiked maces just will not do.

Epic 2.0 weapons begin at 307.

Flaming fists at 838.

More fists at 847.  Some amazing.

(And pumpkin (HALLOWEEN!) weapon textures at 1145.  I need not explain.)

I'm not sure if the item number regarding the images is the same in as the item number in the database.  I'm also not sure what database EZ server uses, and so some weapon graphics might not be in the game.  In any case, I think this is an interesting application to see item graphics, and hopefully there will be some suggestions as to some changes to some of the unfortunately ugly X.X epic weapons.

I'd appreciate if you, Hunter, could find out what is the extent of your database's item graphics, and let us/me know, so we would know what item graphics we could choose, and what item graphics currently are unavailable.  The items in the viewer are presented by expansion, if I am not mistaken.  It's easy to identify where Luclin begins, where PoP begins, where GoD, OoW, beings, etc.  The SoF items are already pointed out in orange text, it would appear.  So while not an exact science for the rest, it's not too difficult to induce a particular weapon graphic with its expansion, and figure out if that weapon graphic is in the database or not. 

And if anything, custom weapons off the T4 Halloween boss with a pumpkin graphic would be freaking ridiculously awesome, wouldn't it?  Name them after me please  Wink
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 11:13:23 pm by yawn_god » Logged
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 06:40:39 am »

Long story short, I want to just use graphics that can be viewed by titanium. Same with items, zones, etc.

I'm sure we can copy/paste graphic files from other expansions into titanium, but I haven't tried it yet, and I don't want to host any client files either.

As for exactly which item graphics are available in Titanium, we've used most of them already. I'll see if I can find a number range soon, and even modify the monk graphics soon too.

Thanks,

Hunter

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058