Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 02:44:24 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Unknown DB String Paladin Class AA  (Read 7836 times)
yawn_god

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2011, 08:23:41 am »

Anyone know what it is, if it works, or if it's supposed to be working?  It seems like it could be related to Lay Hands, and it has a 72 min CD, but doesn't seem to do anything.  I feel bad I wasted AA points on it Sad
yawn_god

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 04:26:00 pm »

Well, it appears that Lay on Hands only works on Titanium, and not on SoD nor Underfoot.  Curious.

I wonder if replacing certain SoD/Underfoot files with Titanium ones will fix the issue.
yawn_god

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 05:14:27 pm »

Apparently ability 107, or Lay on Hands, isn't present in Underfoot nor in Seeds of Destruction.  Manually changing a character's UI_.ini file out of game in Underfoot and Seeds to force the appearance of ability 107 does not work.  It does work with Titanium. 

As control, changing the UI_.ini file to force ability 73 to appear does work in all clients tested. 

Lay on Hands, it would appear, is missing from SoD/Underfoot, and is present in Titanium.

Now to find the skill files.  LoH is a spell, and as such the spell is in the spell list (spells_us.txt), but for some reason or another the game can't find it.  Time to figure out a way for it to find it.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 08:22:57 pm »

In the newer clients Lay Hands and Harm Touch are treated as AA abilities, and they do not work here.

More discussion here if you're interested in why: http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=870.0
yawn_god

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 10:15:57 am »

And it appears to be all server-side.  How freaking unfortunate.

Do you know which client is best to run with EZ Server, or at least which is more compatible?  I'm assuming Titanium, but the newer clients also have their pluses. 
Ogah

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 10:47:00 am »

Ahh - I'm using UF client and was wondering where my LoH was for my Paly. No wonder its not available. Well, I've needed it before but I guess I'll learn to live without it for now - considering I started with my Epic - I'm not complaining Smiley
Appren

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 12:16:41 pm »

SoD or Underfoot (I use SoD) should both be good, missing LoH on my pallies mean nothing since you get so much healing from epics anyway. I only keep a Titanium installation around for two things - farming PGT in Highpass and augmenting the items that cant be augmented in SoD (range slots with 1h aug, ninjastrikes on some weapons)

Appwar - 4.0 WAR
Appren - 3.0 SK
Gnoheal - 4.0 CLR
Apptwo - 4.0 MAG
Appthree 3.0 PAL
Corvac 4.0 PAL
and more...
Ogah

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 03:05:38 pm »

Why do you have to have Titanium for the PGT?
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 03:12:28 pm »

Easier to farm in high pass then ek

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 03:12:34 pm »

you missed the qualifier....to get pgt in Highpass.

The zone Highpass doesn't exist in SoD, so they moved the mob.  But if you have Titanium, he's still in Highpass.  I can only assume that he is less camped in that zone, so Appren keeps Titanium handy whenever he needs a PGT and hopes to avoid buying an instance.
yawn_god

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 03:32:56 pm »

you missed the qualifier....to get pgt in Highpass.

The zone Highpass doesn't exist in SoD, so they moved the mob.  But if you have Titanium, he's still in Highpass.  I can only assume that he is less camped in that zone, so Appren keeps Titanium handy whenever he needs a PGT and hopes to avoid buying an instance.

You can add/replace the SoD/Underfoot zone files with Titanium ones.  For example, with Underfoot BoThunder didn't work for me.  I had to copy over missing Titanium files to make it work.  It's also the same thing they did on P99, if I am not mistaken.

I was thinking I could do the same thing with Lay on Hands, but even if I could locate the file and replace it, it's not in the database, and so it wouldn't work unless Hunter or some other Dev makes the change serverside too.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 08:07:14 pm »

Not being able to use Lay Hands/Harm Touch here is 100% a database/spell file issue.  There's nothing you need to fix on your client.  If you used the same client to log into a server with the proper entries it would just work.

You can't just add the highpass zone and have it work in the newer clients.  They simply don't know about that zone anymore.  There's a hack that Secrets posted a while back, but there's really no point to it.  The PGT is easily available in EK, and there are more spawns there than highpass.
Ogah

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 01:29:06 pm »

So, has anyone zipped up the missing UF files into a distribute-able repository? Would be nice to have good things like the rest. I guess EK is a fine place to hunt anyway.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)