Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 01:48:43 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: "Best class"  (Read 10027 times)
twstd

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2010, 10:44:55 pm »

Hello, new to the server and noticed a large amount of mages. I'm a old EQ player and am interested in basically revisiting everything and killing raid bosses such as rallos, CT, etc. Is magician the best class to solo bosses or is there any other? Do we need to actually have a full blown raid to down bosses or just a small group? Sorry for the nooby question just wondering what the best way route would be for some boss killin.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 12:00:06 am »

Well tbh at the moment Warriors are the "best". Lots of thought put into them, good augs, armor, etc...
If you want best solo class, go with a necro. Their 3.0 pets heal groups, and the fire blades from Casters Guild (CG for short) beef them up a bit.

There arent really full blown raids until T3 (for most people, not Shy/ Crab =p) because T1 and T2 have been around long enough to make it 1 groupable. Mostly 1 to 2 groups for everything.
Because of gear, old raid stuff in pretty trivial. So you can probably go back and solo alot of it after hitting up Qvic, Tacvi, etc.

Boxing is a viable alternative to just solo necro'ing it up. Maybe a tank and cleric, toss in some DPS and you'll be like everyone else heh. Anyway, thats about the run down.
In the Guide section Danyelle has a nice New Person thread you can check out. Answers alot of questions.

Karbuk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 06:25:57 am »

make a warrior/ranger/cleric and you can do up to T1 all by yourself Tongue T2 ya need another 3 buddies Tongue
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 07:37:54 am »

Paladin / Paladin /Paladin FTW
or if you could 6-box paladins, would be even better.

I use Warrior/Cleric/Mage
Pretty good.. will be even better when i get my CG pet on mage.

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Supreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 08:30:18 am »

make a warrior/ranger/cleric and you can do up to T1 all by yourself Tongue T2 ya need another 3 buddies Tongue

Lets quantify this statement by saying..you can do t1 with just 3 full geared t1 toons...but you wont be doing t1 with just tacvi armor. You will need a group of 6 of which 2 will need to be healers to keep up with healing. After you gain more gear/armor t1 will become trivial and you will then need 6-12 for t2 initially. As you gain gear/armor you can then do t2 with 2 warriors 2 clerics 2 DPS classes pretty easy.

Uxt

Schizoid

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 08:35:18 am »

Would be cool to see a group of paladins, but at the same time I pity them. I pity them so.

Until they get their 3.0 epics, they'll be peddling in the alleys of the Nexus, begging and holding out their hands for scraps of paper and pages. WOE BE THE PLAYER WHO BOXES MANY PALADINS!

robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 08:38:51 am »

Would be cool to see a group of paladins, but at the same time I pity them. I pity them so.

Until they get their 3.0 epics, they'll be peddling in the alleys of the Nexus, begging and holding out their hands for scraps of paper and pages. WOE BE THE PLAYER WHO BOXES MANY PALADINS!

Maybe we should start a guild and call it the "Pleading Paladins"  Tongue

Rob Smiley
Supreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 10:57:54 am »

If hunter could put in a paladin aug that would make them "special" then it would revive the class=).

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 04:06:51 pm »

I would being out Cero again if an aug was made similar to Warrior's but with a Paladin flare to it

robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 07:30:14 am »

Hey I still play my paladin.  Been concentrating on my monk because of the little time I have had lately but I have not given up hope! LOL!

Rob Smiley
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 07:32:46 am »

Hey I still play my paladin. 

Why? lol

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
robpickles

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 07:33:42 am »

LOL!  Um...sentimental reasons? IDK! LOL!

I am telling you...you will see.  As I said earlier, Hunter is going to get so sick of hearing this, Paladins will be the new super powered class on EZ! Hehehe!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 11:34:30 am by robpickles » Logged

Rob Smiley
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 12:26:03 pm »

Lies sir,

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats