Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 04, 2024, 07:41:26 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Old and New Versions of Zones  (Read 13814 times)
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2010, 10:33:50 pm »

So i was thinking, if someone who knows a little better than me would be so kind as to make a list of all the zones that have different versions. Like, example, Highkeep has to versions, some towns like Freeport.... That vary across Titanium to SoF to SoD.
I dont like the idea of not being able to go to all the versions of these zones, because of the fact that content that EZ uses is in some of it. If it was a standard to not use any zones that aren't available in both... or make it so only SoD is usable for EZ... something like that.

Anyway my point, a list of all the zones with different versions, so I (or we, some might also do it) make a folder containing both old and new zone files. This would enable us in the future to maybe make both available (either through port NPC, or different zones names and zone line connections) and not lose the ability to do, say, FG quest with SoD installed. So we can get out PGT.

Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 10:46:35 pm »

i'm not 100% sure on this but didn't hunter make the PGT available in EK?
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 12:02:37 am »

Well it was just an example really,
but i also think he was just thinking of alternatives. Nothing implemented as far as i know

Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 07:32:21 am »

i'm not 100% sure on this but didn't hunter make the PGT available in EK?

He said he would maybe do it... dunno if he did we never got a confirmation.

Worst case, you keep your titanium client on your PC and log on it to get that pgt  Grin

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 04:23:39 pm »

i s'pose, but the real point was being able to access both new and old versions of zones... or making it a standard to not have old zones available, or no new ones.... just a flat standard across the server.

vile

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 05:53:42 pm »

apparently the old highkeep was written out of the eqgame.exe file after SoF? one after titanium

so you cannot force those clients to show those level's at all..

no matter how custom u make your server you still have to have the same zone file names
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 09:48:26 pm »

apparently the old highkeep was written out of the eqgame.exe file after SoF? one after titanium

so you cannot force those clients to show those level's at all..

no matter how custom u make your server you still have to have the same zone file names

True, but cant you change the name yourself?
make it like "Highkeep_Old.zon" and if everyone's file name is changed to the same thing, allow the server to change the file to same name. Should be able to be used the same way right?

zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 10:40:44 pm »

Full list of revamped zones and their current set ups: (Red=Titanium, Green=SoF/SoD, Blue=SoD, Orange=SoF/SoD/Titanium)

1. Lavastorm (Revamped with Dragons of Norrath to allow access to The Broodlands and Lavaspinner's Lair. It completely changed the zone file, only new Lavastorm is available. Began shortly before Titanium release. No issues with cross-client use then)
Lavastorm Mountains (New)=lavastorm, zoneid=27

2. Freeports zones (Combined into 2 zones. East and West Freeport. North Freeport was mixed into the two zones. Revamp was done with The Prophecy of Ro expansion to allow access to Arcstone, The Isle of Spirits and Skylance, this expansion is not available to Titanium.
North Freeport (Old)=freeportn, zoneid=8)
East Freeport (Old)=freeporte, zoneid=10
East Freeport (New)=freeporteast, zoneid=382
West Freeport (Old)=freeportw, zoneid=9
West Freeport (New)=freeportwest, zoneid=383

3. Commonlands zones. (East Commonlands and West Commonlands were combined into one zone called Commonlands. Revamp done during The Prophecy of Ro expansion seemingly just to fade easily into Freeport as it allows access to no new zones.
East Commonlands (Old)=ecommons, zoneid=22
West Commonlands (Old)=commons, zoneid=21
Commonlands (New)=commonlands, zoneid=408

4. Both Ros Deserts and Oasis (Done during The Prophechy of Ro expansion to allow access to the Ruins of Takish-Hiz. Northern Desert of Ro and Oasis of Marr were combined into one zone called North Ro. Southern Desert of Ro was revamped into South Ro with no zones combined into it.)
Northern Desert of Ro (Old)=nro, zoneid=34
North Ro (New)=northro, zoneid=392
Oasis of Marr (Old)=oasis, zoneid=37
Southern Desert of Ro (Old)=sro, zoneid=35
South Ro (New)=southro, zoneid=393

5. Nektulos Forest (This zone was revamped with the Depths of Darkhollow expansion to allow access to Stoneroot Falls. Both the old and new versions of the zone are available and seeing as DoDH was the last expansion in the Titanium client both versions are usable by all 3 clients however there is not 2 zones as normal, it requires a slight tweek of the new Nektulos's zone file so that eqgame.exe reverts to the old zone file as a backup. Thus only one can be used at a time unlike other revamped zones)
The Nektulos Forest (Old/New)=nektulos, zoneid=25

6. Highpass Hold (The "bitch" zone to SoF/SoD users. Highpass Hold was revamped during The Serpent's Spine expansion to allow access to Blightfire Moors. For SoF/SoD clients both old and new zone files are available in the client however eqgme.exe for some reason is not coded to read the old ones. Thus attempting to zone into the old Highpass causes the client to crash and ultimately trap your toon. New Highpass works fine. Highpass Keep was NOT revamped and works fine on all clients.)
Highpass Hold (Old)=highpass, zoneid=5
Highpass Hold (New)=highpasshold, zoneid=407

7. Ocean of Tears (revamped for The Buried Sea expansion for seemingly no reason other than "just cause we can dammit". Both old and new zones are usable for SoF/SoD)
Ocean of Tears (Old)=oot, zoneid=69
Ocean of Tears (New)=oceanoftears, zoneid=409

8. Toxxulia Forest/Kerra Isle (Revamped during The Buried Sea expansion to allow access to The Barren Coast. Kerra Isle was merged with Toxxulia Forest, possibly due to the new Kerran model they made for that expansion. All 3 zones are available to SoF/SoD.)
Toxxulia Forest (Old)=tox, zoneid=38
Toxxulia Forest (New)=toxxulia, zoneid=414
Kerra Isle (Old)=kerraridge, zoneid=74

9. Innothule Swamp (Revamped during Secrets of Faydwer again seemingly for no reason. Both zones available to SoF/SoD)
Innothule Swamp (Old)=innothule, zoneid=46
Innothule Swamp (New)=innothuleb, zoneid=413

10. Misty Thicket (revamped during secrets of Faydwer for no apparent reason. Both zones available to SoF/SoD)
Misty Thicket (Old)=misty, zoneid=33
Misty Thicket (New)=mistythicket, zoneid=415

11. Steamfont Mountains (revamped during Secrets of Faydwer to allow access to Dragonscale Hills and The Loping Plains, via a new area where the remains of where Steam Factory and Fortress Mechanotus once stood behind the minotaur caves. Both versions available to SoF/SoD)
Steamfont Mountains (Old)=steamfont, zoneid=56
Steamfont Mountains (New)=steamfontmts, zoneid=448

Illegitimate Revamps:
During the Seeds of Destruction expansion several zones were revamped to provide the "old" versions of the zones for their progression. Due to the fact that these zones often provided drastic changes to the usual scenery these revamped were only for SoD progression zones NOT to replace original zones. They are as follows:
Blackburrow= Old Blackburrow
Kithicor Forest= Bloody Kithicor
Qeynos= Oceangreen Villiage
Qeynos Hills= Oceangreen Hills
Field of Bone= Field of Scale
Kurns Tower= Kurn's Stronghold
Kaesora= Kaesora Hatchery/Library
The Ruined City of Dranik=City of Dranik
Commonlands= Old Commonlands
The Bloodfields= Old Bloodfields

changing the name of zone files may allow the loading of a zone file that wouldn't normally be loaded (I.E. Changing the name of the Old Highpass Hold zone files to the name of the New Highpass Hold zone files and removing the new Highpass Hold zone files from your EQ directory.) However i have not tried this so i cannot make promises
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 10:49:50 pm by zomgDanyelle » Logged

Blood of the Akkadian
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 12:18:32 am »

So, since the zone id's are different in say, the commonlands and east/west commonlands it does mean you could technically have all 3 available, if you were running SoD/SoF?
It seems the only zone NOT able to have all zones available while running SoD is Highpass (old version), is that right?

vile

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 12:57:15 am »

yeah all zones are avaiable to use they are seeded seperately in the database so it's not like your in two places at once

on live.. after the commonlands n freeport upgrade for along while finishing a monster mission would send you back to the old zone.. which was still populated Smiley
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 01:52:45 am »

So, since the zone id's are different in say, the commonlands and east/west commonlands it does mean you could technically have all 3 available, if you were running SoD/SoF?
It seems the only zone NOT able to have all zones available while running SoD is Highpass (old version), is that right?

Yes however the zone lines for attached zones (for example to Toxx from Paineel) can only be attached to one zone at a time, however the custom zone teleporters can take you to any of the zones yes. Of course only SoF/SoD would have access to the new zones (minus Lavastorm/Nektulos)

Blood of the Akkadian
PORTIS

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 02:56:44 am »

I may be wrong, but wasn't also Cazic Thule, Splitpaw and Plane of Hate Re-Vamped?
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 11:58:42 am »

Yes however the zone lines for attached zones (for example to Toxx from Paineel) can only be attached to one zone at a time, however the custom zone teleporters can take you to any of the zones yes. Of course only SoF/SoD would have access to the new zones (minus Lavastorm/Nektulos)

You could make custome zonelines though.
Like in a different Emu, the waterfall in one of the Karanas (forget which one, the one just outside of Highpass) zoned into what was Jaggedpine Forest.
Could always create custom zone lines

zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 03:59:07 pm »

I may be wrong, but wasn't also Cazic Thule, Splitpaw and Plane of Hate Re-Vamped?

The mobs inside were revamped but the zone itself was not. In other words they changed the mobs that spawn there (for example Paw now has elementals not Gnolls) but they didn't change the zone's design or textures, the zone files stayed the same. So that's not what we're talking about.

EDIT: The Bazaar and The Arena were also revamped though it was done in the same way as Lavastorm, completely over writing the zone files making only the new version accessible. I forgot about that.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 04:08:52 pm by zomgDanyelle » Logged

Blood of the Akkadian
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6137
  • Latest: Draylan
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65057