Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 06:39:54 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Player Custom Content Submissions  (Read 6589 times)
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2010, 11:26:57 pm »

Hunter said before he wouldn't allow anyone but people he knows in RL have access to EZ, which is fine. He also mentioned he would look at content players create, and see if it would implement it into EZ.

I don't really have experience in a game like EQ, but i used to do NWN mods, Oblivion, Morrowind, etc... custom stuff. Maybe with some help from someone who has already maybe ran an EQ server or has one to just mess around with could give me some pointers. I wouldn't mind making up some rough to semi refined quests or content i've been thinking "man, this would be cool in an MMO" for a while.

Maybe Hunter will like it, maybe he'll make changes, maybe he'll just laugh and say no.... But at least i would have more experience with it i s'pose.

I mean how cool would it be to have like... IDK, a Mario NPC somewhere in EZ with a quest to gather a bunch of different types of Mushrooms across the server in exchange for some sort of "unique" reward (unique is relative to how many people do it i s'pose). nothing game breaking. just some flavor, maybe a special clicky or something. Obviously just a random example

vile

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 11:55:05 pm »

you can make your own server easily enough

http://forums.axclassic.com/index.php

there repack is totally idiot friendly

and you can run your custom quest scripts and implement your own items spawn your own npcs

then you can just copy n paste your scripts to hunter etc

the server they give you though that is custom tho i think you are just looking for a place to test scripts.. i think
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 11:56:43 pm by vile » Logged
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 12:01:41 am »

thanks for the link, unfortunately i cant view it on a goverment computer (damn big brother!)

But maybe this is an opportunity to do minor/ back end stuff for the server.

Hunter and Secrets can do the important stuff (stability, major patches, etc..) and normal players could make stuff for review like... class augs for all, not just war... custom quests, maybe new zone layouts. lots of possibilities if Hunter is interested in viewing it.

zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 07:20:20 pm »

I've been waiting on SoD to download (just finished today. ugh) so in the meantime i've been playing Fallout cause it's amazing <3 so i haven't been on in a little while but just an fyi my offer still stands Hunter if you want help doing custom SoF/SoD content

Pic semi related:

Blood of the Akkadian
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 08:23:58 pm »

I thought i remember him saying he accepts submissions, but whether he uses them or not is another story.

Im gonna try setting up the stuff tonight on my computer to start messing around with items, gear, etc... mind if i send ya a PM if i have any complications there Dany? seeing as how you are an expert in the subject im told

Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 08:59:15 pm »

i've actually been pretty busy making quests as sort of minor curiosity stimulation.  I've found the hardest part setting up the database and the eqemu server and the easiest part actually programming the Perl quests and user events.

Send me a PM and i'll reply with my email address / gchat account and we can discuss methods i've used and what i've learned.

It's really not that hard.  In fact i've almost got a whole zone worth of custom content ready to be looked at that I need to figure out how to fix my home dsl modem/router configuration to let people see it!!!!
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 10:14:25 pm »

Very nice!
Unfortunately this next week i'll have little to no play time. Rifle range shooting, psh...
But yeah, i'll send you a message. Who knows, maybe Hunter will love your zone and we'll soon see..

"You Are Now Entering Bikaf's Spa!".... or something cooler.

Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 10:21:45 pm »

"You Are Now Entering Bikaf's Spa!".... or something cooler.

that zone would be emptier than iceclad ocean.
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 05:45:56 am »

I thought i remember him saying he accepts submissions, but whether he uses them or not is another story.

Im gonna try setting up the stuff tonight on my computer to start messing around with items, gear, etc... mind if i send ya a PM if i have any complications there Dany? seeing as how you are an expert in the subject im told

of course not feel free to ask me anything =D

EDIT: @Bikaf, yeah Perl is a pain in the ass. The most complicated part of a server bar none imo.

Pic VERY related:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 05:48:45 am by zomgDanyelle » Logged

Blood of the Akkadian
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061