Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 11:01:06 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: SoD issues/bugs?  (Read 7306 times)
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2010, 06:53:07 am »

Well I finally got SoD downloaded this weekend.
All is done.. all my account can log in to it no problem.  That part is fine.

I also found out that it runs a little smoother too Smiley /yay
here is some stuff i found out... feel free to add more.

Minor issues:
-Item links in chat do not show the whole name.
-HOTT is too small?.. like if i dont see the whole HP bar or name.

Major issue:
Only seen one and it is for me... Is there a way to disable the " lower frame per second" in the background instances?  auto-follow really sucks in low framerate even in straight line. I did not try to run my 2 other instances through wineq yet but will do. Maybe it will work.

Also as a side note, do all the new AA works? Beside buying them, do they provide an actual bonus?

It takes a little while to get used to the new item window but overall i find it quite better... who wouldnt want an extra 1k hp on a tank? lol

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
shea851

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 08:31:11 am »

edit your eqclient.ini file.. it has maxfps=100 and maxbgfps=9 as default I think.  you will want around 30-60fps for both windows.

Bavarian
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 08:53:12 am »

sweet thanks Smiley
will do when i get home!  Man i was starting to freak out with the auto-follow

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Murrjok
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 08:54:59 am »

Links are only broken if you are getting them from a titanium client.
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 03:39:53 pm »

Links are a known issue. It happens with SoF to. SoF/SoD clients receiving links from Titanium clients see the links as half the name (Fire Beetle Eye looks like "etle Eye") and Titanium clients receiving links from SoF/SoD clients see those links as extended (Fire Beetle Eye would like something like "34634Fire Beetle Eye") however Titanium clients receiving links from Titanium clients or SoD/SoF clients receiving links from other SoD/SoF clients display them as normal. P.S. the client counts links (even say-links) from the server (I.E. quest giver links) as links from a Titanium client and thus those don't display right either.

This was discussed in my FAQ thing already.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 03:56:19 pm by zomgDanyelle » Logged

Blood of the Akkadian
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 04:49:24 pm »

Minor issues:
-Item links in chat do not show the whole name.
-HOTT is too small?.. like if i dont see the whole HP bar or name.

Major issue:
Only seen one and it is for me... Is there a way to disable the " lower frame per second" in the background instances?  auto-follow really sucks in low framerate even in straight line. I did not try to run my 2 other instances through wineq yet but will do. Maybe it will work.

I think the HoTT window works just fine.  Just make sure you aren't using the one that is downloadable from this website.  That one is for Titanium only.  The default HoTT window seems fine and should be resizable if needed I think.  Also, from the recent custom UIs I have tried, all of the HoTT windows in them seem ok as well.

Chat links are different between Titanium and SoD/SoF. We are trying to figure out a good way to parse them so they can send the correct link no matter what client it goes to, though.  Hopefully we will have a fix in for that sometime.

The FPS in the background setting can also be changed from in game in the options window.  It is a nice feature.  I have heard people saying auto-follow works better over-all in SoD, but I don't know if that is true or not.

What FAQ?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 06:13:03 pm by Trevius » Logged
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 10:43:54 pm »

What FAQ?

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=87.msg353#msg353
It's server based stuff rly Tongue

Blood of the Akkadian
Zartaxis

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 11:31:52 pm »

Has anyone had the buff blocking stuff work?
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 10:19:45 pm »

I havent really tried using the SoD or SoF patcher to play EZ.
Is there a way to use the real EQ patcher to connect to EQEmu/ EZ server? think i kinda remember reading about it in one of the threads. i use WinEQ atm, but just thought using the real patcher from time to time would be nice

Murrjok
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 02:58:22 pm »

There is some issues that i encountered  on SoF / SOD that would make some aspect of EZ unattainable. Such as Ring of Ages are not usable by Drakkin. The weapon augs IV and V restrict to only 1 Hand slash, Blunt, and Hand to hand, but not allowing use on Piercing weapons ,however it works on Titanium for piecing as well. I am assuming this restriction does not appear on Titanium clients.

I dont know about this, it may just be my PC but Plane of storms ( Dragons ) custom models file for the zone causes much more crashes then normal.  Using a non custom file keeps the crashes on the client to a minimum but i have nott really pinpointed why it client crashes more there then anywhere else. I am not flagged for gods, so i have no idea if the same result will come from client crashes there.

Edit : Client Crashes, Not zone crashes.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2010, 05:30:37 pm »

I have both SoF loaded and Titanium. My SoF client is extremely more reliable than my Titanium client. I load 6 clients into PoD for hours at a time and rarely ever crash. Granted if I wipe all 6 toons I do crash, but I do that regardless of Titanium or SoF.

The mossy tundra shows in SoF that it is not for ranged or piercing. Remedy for this is to just load in your character on the Titanium client, aug your weapon with your mossy tundra, and log back in on your SoF client. It will not make your weapon unusable, (tested myself).

Drakkin is going to be excluded from a lot of gear. Even items with all all flag will likely have issues for a while. I am guessing the database would have to be edited to include drakkin or maybe even updated to SoF.

I do not have the SoD client so I have no idea if how any of this info would apply on there.

zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2010, 06:28:15 pm »

There is some issues that i encountered  on SoF / SOD that would make some aspect of EZ unattainable. Such as Ring of Ages are not usable by Drakkin. The weapon augs IV and V restrict to only 1 Hand slash, Blunt, and Hand to hand, but not allowing use on Piercing weapons ,however it works on Titanium for piecing as well. I am assuming this restriction does not appear on Titanium clients.

I dont know about this, it may just be my PC but Plane of storms ( Dragons ) custom models file for the zone causes much more crashes then normal.  Using a non custom file keeps the crashes on the client to a minimum but i have nott really pinpointed why it client crashes more there then anywhere else. I am not flagged for gods, so i have no idea if the same result will come from client crashes there.

Edit : Client Crashes, Not zone crashes.

I have never had an issue with the custom files for Storms. The reasons may lie in your computer. Using the custom files means you can see all the models such as the new dragons etc, models which are VERY hard on computers (It's just as hard on beastly computers although because it's so beastly it won't be as apparent ;P) which in addition to the pure size of PoS can make a P.O.S. (pun intended ;P) computer go bye bye.  Not using the files means 99% of the models in PoS will display as humans which are FAR less taxing on your PC.

So...yeah. lol Just a possibility. Also as far as the Drakkin thing goes it's an easy fix. Just because an item is class restricted doesn't mean it needs to be race restricted. In fact VERY few items on Live are race restricted these day mostly due to them realizing "lol if we addz a new race we gotta go in and change all of this shit" so they make it easier on themselves in the future. Sure Hunter will have to go in and re-edit all the items but all you gotta do if you have the Item Editing tool is find the item, hit the "ALL" button underneath Race then hit save, rinse repeat. ALL/ALL or Class/ALL items should have no problem with Drakkin, if they are i don't know what to tell you, it may very well require a Database update to SoF however i think EZ's db is already up to SoF/SoD quality so i see no reason why it wouldn't work.

Blood of the Akkadian
Trevius
EQEmu Developer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2010, 10:01:36 pm »

To add Drakkin race to all items is simple:

Code:
UPDATE items SET races = races | 32768;

Though, if you are going to do that, you might as well make all items usable by all races (and still leave class restrictions in).  It should be as simple as:

Code:
UPDATE items SET races = 65535;

Of course, as with any major change like this, it is always good to make a backup beforehand, just incase something goes wrong Smiley

As for issues with aug slots, I imagine that may be due to some slots being changed when the Power Source slot was added.  Hopefully I can remember to look into that at some point.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 97
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)