Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 12:26:35 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mossy Tundra Stones  (Read 7026 times)
qualin

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2010, 09:17:22 pm »

I hit T1/T2...just got flagged for T3.

I realized over the past month in T1/T2 my HP has more than doubled, and AC is great. My DPS has remained the same since I got my 3.0 epics, a mossy tundra stone V on the bow, tacvi arrow, and quiver.

Could we make Mossy Tundra stone a slot 4 stone too? Warriors get to put their Anger Augs in all 4 slots, and I'm stuck using a lifetap aug from plane of fear. Which in a bow stinks if I wanna root and shoot lol.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 10:46:31 pm »

i'd like to see this as well.
not only does it help rangers, but all classes who would like to use the mossy augs. Monks, Rogues, Beastlords, etc... melee classes who depend on weapon dmg (Ok, so Bst doesn't really fall in that category)

Would be a good quick fix til some more augs are available for other classes.

PORTIS

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 10:59:05 am »

I also agree, I was most put out when I found that I could put a stone in my SK's shield but then couldnt equip it because it carried dam and thus was a weapon and SK's of course cannot dual wield. It seems Warriors get it all ways and somebody will probably say, well you should have played a warrior. I dont think that is a fair comment as whats the point of having a class in the game and overpowering one and not its counterpart. Ok we cant dual wield, ok warrior get zero pp anger augs from a vendor, ok we only get 1 epic, ok we cant equip stones in secondary, added to this warriors pull whole zones with AOE dam while i take down a mob at a time. I would be happy if LDoN just dropped a decent dam or life tap we could use for slot 4. I love my class and dont wanna be a sheep, errr warrior.. SLAM ME IN THE FACE FLAMERS hehe.. but a little tweak might balance classes and stop the server containing 100 epic 3.0 warriors zerging whole zones to farm charms or to plev alts.

Dont be hard on me I have had a hard week at work, there will be tears:)P
Uxt

Schizoid

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 11:55:38 am »

Secrets said in OOC a few days ago that a class' DPS should not depend on any single item, but that's how it just is for most non-warriors.

The damage augs are pathetically weaker than the ones only warriors can wear, plus only one per weapon just blows. Lifetap aug is the only thing to fill the empty type 4 slot, but it's really not useful.

I say, combine two Mossy Tundra Stone V augs to make a VI, which is slot 4 only (works for Sharpening Stone of the Sky as well). Make the VI have different stats and damage than the V augment. No Anger VI augment, warriors have it easy enough.

Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 11:59:42 am »

I also agree, I was most put out when I found that I could put a stone in my SK's shield but then couldnt equip it because it carried dam and thus was a weapon and SK's of course cannot dual wield. It seems Warriors get it all ways and somebody will probably say, well you should have played a warrior. I dont think that is a fair comment as whats the point of having a class in the game and overpowering one and not its counterpart. Ok we cant dual wield, ok warrior get zero pp anger augs from a vendor, ok we only get 1 epic, ok we cant equip stones in secondary, added to this warriors pull whole zones with AOE dam while i take down a mob at a time. I would be happy if LDoN just dropped a decent dam or life tap we could use for slot 4. I love my class and dont wanna be a sheep, errr warrior.. SLAM ME IN THE FACE FLAMERS hehe.. but a little tweak might balance classes and stop the server containing 100 epic 3.0 warriors zerging whole zones to farm charms or to plev alts.

Dont be hard on me I have had a hard week at work, there will be tears:)P

On the other hand, put a oracle 50 on your SK and put whatever 50 charm on the warrior you want and put you both on a big boss and see who stays standing longest Smiley You are probably nearly impossible to kill with your heals procing with that while the warrior requires multiple clerics. Each class has their plus/minus associated with it, and yours is ability to self heal crazy levels of damage with the right charm, while tanking even very large mobs.
PORTIS

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 12:22:56 pm »

Yeah I agree, just remind me though how I get a level 50 Oracle charm single mob pulling. It is fantastic I am sure when I get there and yes we may be able to outstand a 50 Sorc charm Warrior. However, to get to a 50 Oracle I would have to spend, hmmmm, well a long time in LDoN. A Warrior meanwhile zeros the whole zone and gets there in a 10th of the time. Ok now lets talk bosses, how many highend, beyond qvic bosses are tank and spank, as in no adds spawning. I have seen equally equipped warrior do qvic bosses with 1 healer while I struggle with a healer and group. I do realise that we have some good points and am not trying to divert the thread to say "look at my look at me, aint we hard done by", all i am saying is then Warrior benefits are tuff to contend with. We have self heals or taps i should say a warrior has about 10 advantages that in my eyes dont par with the one major tanking benefit we have and you can include slot 4 augs in those.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 12:42:49 pm »

Yeah I agree, just remind me though how I get a level 50 Oracle charm single mob pulling. It is fantastic I am sure when I get there and yes we may be able to outstand a 50 Sorc charm Warrior. However, to get to a 50 Oracle I would have to spend, hmmmm, well a long time in LDoN. A Warrior meanwhile zeros the whole zone and gets there in a 10th of the time. Ok now lets talk bosses, how many highend, beyond qvic bosses are tank and spank, as in no adds spawning. I have seen equally equipped warrior do qvic bosses with 1 healer while I struggle with a healer and group. I do realise that we have some good points and am not trying to divert the thread to say "look at my look at me, aint we hard done by", all i am saying is then Warrior benefits are tuff to contend with. We have self heals or taps i should say a warrior has about 10 advantages that in my eyes dont par with the one major tanking benefit we have and you can include slot 4 augs in those.

You are mistaken on that, all people past 25 charms need a group. No one solos hall of honor with 1 toon. So while warrior might be slightly faster to 25, remember they can't pull more than 10 mobs at a time they will be at equal disadvantage for the remaining levels and in the end you'll be able to tank a mob they can't...
PORTIS

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 03:05:12 pm »

Yeah, it is tuffer at this stage but I will have to conceed and say you are right due to my lack of knowledge at the high end of the game. I am looking forward to that stage and will contiue my efforts.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 04:38:14 pm »

well the issue concerning lack of augments for non-warriors has come up multiple times. Im not sure how thoroughly its being looked into, but im sure Hunter is fully aware of the discontent with how they are now.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 73