Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 02:18:22 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Kronos wipes the floor with me  (Read 6210 times)
Mattnaik

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2012, 03:52:53 pm »

I have a success rate of about 80% for most of the T2 bosses. The only one I can't even come CLOSE to beating is Kronos. I can't survive more than a minute when he pops. My DPS just gets owned and my warrior drops soon after.

Details about my current group:

War - Full T1/some T2, 4x Angry Nerds V. About 61k HP buffed
Pally - Full T1, 2xFSII, Oracle lvl 4 charm
Monk - Full T1/some T2, 2xNSII, Sorc lvl 1 charm
Bard - Full T1, 2xNSII, Sorc lvl 1 charm
Cleric - Full T1, Oracle lvl 1 charm
Necro - Full T1, T2 chest and Po Gods flagged (got a rot from pub)

All are epic 3.0

- Save up around 300k or so and buy 3.5 and 4.0 run for my necro. Not sure if the 4.0 Necro pet can solo Kronos so not sure if this is the route to go.

- farm full HP augs for my entire party.

- UC my pally. Not really equipped to make this very efficient.

- Grind out a ridiculous amount of money and try to purchase essences to upgrade my strike augs to 4+ for all of them. Not sure this will help much since it's survivability im having issues with.

What do you think would be the most efficient path to being able to beat Kronos with my group?

Edit: Added Oracle lvl 1 to Cleric
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 04:12:00 pm by Mattnaik » Logged

Hulkmad
Kougur

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 04:01:13 pm »

need some more oracles on your pally and at least level 1 oracle on your cleric.... make sure youre using focus healing too, i didnt know about that for like my first 6 months on EZ -- healing and tankability is king to surviving..
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 04:11:18 pm »

Already have Oracle 1 on my cleric forgot to mention that. Using Focus of Healing on Pally and Amplify Healing on cleric. You think going up to Oracle 11 will make the difference?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 04:22:15 pm by Mattnaik » Logged

Hulkmad
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 05:26:42 pm »

you should have a higher level oracle on both pally and clr min of 11 but i will tell you to go ahead and get them up to 25 for T2 so you will have little problems in T3/HoH when you get there or you will get owned pretty quick and kronos will be a chump
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 05:32:41 pm »

Are you burning the adds down as they pop? If not then that is your problem right there. Your tank should be able to handle Kronos and his budies plus the 2 adds he spawns. But if he gets more than one set of adds up your going to get overwhelmed. Are you using stonewall/defensive? If not, that should help as well. What heal are you using on your cleric? You should be using word of viv. Your pet is going to cause a problem because they like to switch targets. Pet focus does not work. If you pull your pet off the main and throw him on the adds as soon as the main does any kind of aoe he is going to switch back to the main. It does not matter if he is on the front or back he will do the same thing as soon as the main does any kind of aoe. Your warrior needs to have at least one anger 5 so he procs aoe damage and the rest of you group needs to be on the mobs backside. Your group setup looks pretty good, if I would change anything about it it would be removing the necro and adding another paladin. Beyond that, work on those oracles. They will pay huge in the immediate and later.

Bladethorn

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 06:43:42 pm »

Just to emphasizing everyones bump on the higher level Oracle.. I run two pallies and have made a focused effort to maximize Oracles on them both. That ramp in healing will go a long way keeping your team alive. Following Kovou's line, if you go ahead and rock out 25's, when you step into HoH and those V2 Oracles start dropping, you can immediately capitalize on leveling them up to 31 and 41 for more benefit.

~Guild Pa'ahana~

~Bladethorn, Ironskin, Ironhyde, Stormfade, Redthorne, Redwynd, Xhaidis, Forbid, Vailyn, Aayen, Greyshadow~
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 10:26:57 pm »

Sorc on warrior helps, too. Also make certain you're using stonewall disc on warrior for Kronos, and make sure you have the right Kronos targeted immediately. Have warrior swap to the adds and cheese em down while the rest stay on real Kronos (though sending pet on to help warrior may help a bit).

Just remember: real Kronos will AE first, so thats an easy way to target real one fast (have one player start with no target, then assist that player when AE goes off). Or just look for the guy shitting dragons Cheesy

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 12:15:09 am »

pets will automaticly run as soon as he AE's if htey are not on a target..just a word
JukaInsane

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 12:49:39 pm »

Group wise I am unsure, I have a 4.0 necro, and my pet CAN solo Kronos, there are random times where pet dies, but he has a higher success rate of killing Kronos. Also a 4.0 Necro CAN get all of you toons fully T2 and all 3.5s.

Just a heads up on your Necro, a beast is hiding in there.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 03:29:08 pm »

I agree, necro is a really nice solo toon. In a group though it is a lot different, especially when dealing with adds. I wouldn't get rid of the necro all together. I would just use it as a solo toon to run when I didn't feel like playing all the others.

Griz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 02:57:28 am »

Kronos has a -80% healing curse, nec 4.0 pet needs a paladin epic to be able to handle it. (or you can use the T3/4 heal spell)
JukaInsane

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2012, 01:40:39 am »

The -80& Healing Curse you are speaking about, hmm doesn't effect my necros pet hardly at all. I have killed Kronos several times completely by myself with only using pet, and not assisting him in any manner, such as standard pet heal - Dark Salve. All I do is spawn, pet attacks I run out of range of Packmaster, and my pet has Kronos downed within 8 minutes. 4.0 pet can solo him without any assistance at all.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)