Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:04:46 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Learning to box  (Read 4492 times)
Blazyn

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2012, 10:18:11 am »

I just recently decided I am going to start boxing, and it has been an adventure for sure, I have a  some questions for you boxers out there about getting started.

1)  When you started did you start with just one character, level/progress as far as you could before starting to box? 

- I am currently running an SK, and close to completing he FG/CG quests, and starting the Time/LDoN farming for the gear and 1.5.  I also have a paladin that has been played for awhile, has decent gear(pre-qvic, 1.5) that will box with the SK.  I am planning on adding another paladin, and a bard for a 4box.  I have a rogue that will be added when she is 70 with BoT gear, and done with CG/Fg as well.

2)  Is there any reason to do the RoA quest more than on the main tank?  It looks like a LOT of work for more than one character.

- I would love to have it on several characters, just not sure the grind will be worth it.

3) How far can I expect to get with SK(mt), pal, pal, bard, rogue, and eventually a 6th?

- I have read that 4.0's are doable, that information seemed to be over a year old - doesn't it still hold true?

Thanks for your time, and if there are any other tips/information you can loan me - I will certainly pass it on in the future to another newbie!

napoleonn

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 10:34:41 am »

For starters if you plan on boxing you should've started doing it right away but you'll be fine since you caught it early. Second instead of 2 paladins with a sk tank you should go with a cleric/paladin instead cause clerics will eventually get a clickie stonewall that will help your sk tank alot. Third you can go all the way threw content with a sk tank but its gonna be a rough ride, but very doable my guild has a few sk main tanks. Now as for suggestions on group set up yours sounds good, but im a warrior main so i would be obligated to tell you to make a warrior cause it'll make your ride that much easier. Start working on Oracle charms for your paladin/cleric (if you use cleric), not exactly sure on sk charm i never played one. RoA is pointless for you imo cause a Ultimate charm is gonna be just about the same grind if not less boring and will give you way more of a upgrade. I would personally UC your sk first since hes your main tank but really grind out some oracle charms for your paladin and give your cleric (if you make one) just one oracle charm for now. Pretty sure i covered most of your questions if you got more feel free to ask here or /tell me in game if im on.
Blazyn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 10:41:28 am »

Thanks Napoleonn, I have been considering putting a warrior in there as dps(mt later on).  I will drop the 2nd paladin and make it a cleric, level it with the bard perhaps.

Big thanks on not doing the RoA - that will be a huge time saver !
napoleonn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 11:23:57 am »

I have been considering putting a warrior in there as dps(mt later on).
Big thanks on not doing the RoA - that will be a huge time saver !
Don't wait if your gonna make one, do it neow!
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 11:41:17 am »

Don't wait if your gonna make one, do it neow!

Don't listen to Napoleonn, he is teh sux.

<3

-Hate

(seriously, learn to box or recruit 10 other friends to play)

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
napoleonn

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 12:10:30 pm »

Ya wizards suck dont make one.  Roll Eyes
Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 12:34:18 pm »

Ya wizards suck dont make one.  Roll Eyes

Wizards blow the big one for sure... lol

hateborne