Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 04:48:22 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Bard 3.0 effect - A plea for sanity  (Read 3318 times)
Griz

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2012, 04:45:04 pm »

This click is way more useful to a lot of people than the 3.5 and beyond click which gives mana/endurance. I hear the 5.0 (or is it 6.0?) click has a cool effect that might be better, but for those of us slogging through T5 and using bards, surely you can understand my plight. For those unaware, the 3.0 bard click is as follows:

Spirit of Vesagran
Duration: 1 minute
Increase Spell Crit by 12%
Increase DoT Crit by 12%
Increase Accuracy by 140 (not sure how well this actually works, haven't bothered to parse)

Now, I have completed two 4.0s on my bard and have a backup 3.0 which is required to be equipped to cast. Typically this means alt tabbing to my bard, stopping my twist, equipping it, clicking it, and swapping back to my 4.0 which gets pretty tedious. I'm proposing one of a couple changes as a quality of life improvement:

1) Make the effect inventory clickable like Nature's Melody/Rapier of Somber Notes and the mage/beastlord 2.0s. It is impossible to even get the weapon as a non bard because any other class handing in a 1.5 book would not get a bard weapon obviously.

2) Put the clicky effect on the bard T5 (or even T4?) BP and beyond. T5 at least requires a 4.0 to enter, at which point it can be verified that the player had a 3.0 at one point for the clicky effect. Use the same timer as the 3.0/3.5/whatever so you can't use both the mana click and the buff click at the same time

Neither of these changes would imbalance anything, but it would make it a little bit easier to keep the effect going. The following suggestions could also work, but would take a bit more coding or something:

3) Add the 12% spell crit/DoT Crit/Accuracy to some other custom bard spell. Tempest Blade would be a good choice!

4) Change the 3.5 and beyond epics to incoroporate the effect (might need to change the mana/endurance to a per-tick regen)
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 04:50:55 pm »

Spell damage 150%
Mana regen 20k
Edur regen 20k

Lasts 18secs..

it is nice

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 84