Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 09:16:48 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Combine Augs to 1 slot  (Read 6795 times)
wolfegunr

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2012, 02:53:01 pm »

A way we could do this now is to add another npc perhaps in FG (to avoid confusion) where you can turn in your 5.0 + to get a 1-aug version of the weapon.
This would be for Ranger (bow and 1hand), war 1h 2h, pali 1h 2h, sk 1h 2h, monk, zerker, rogue.

This aug slot would have a new id so that only the combined augs could fit into it. We could later add a second aug slot perhaps in T8 or something, but shouldn't ever do 3 aug slots again due to too much proc spam, or we could always just do this again in T8 (add new combine for new 1 aug slot) so we have 1 aug slot again with a new id for further aug combinations. In this way we prepare for future content as well.

Recipes would include:
(we could limit these to version 5 and above for simplicity)
(Aug combine levels must match, for simplicity)

2 NS = 1 UNS
(ultra ninja strike)  --ranger only

1 NS + 2 IS = 1 UNIS
(ultra ninja ice strike)  --monk/rogue?

3 FS = 1 UFS
(Ultra fire strike) --pal/sk/?

3 IS = 1 UIS
(ultra ice strike) --all?

3 AN5 = 1 UAN6
(ultra angry nerds 6)  -- War

2 AN5 + 1 AN1 = UAN7
(Ultra Angry nerds 7, for both aoe of two 5's and single target aggro of the 1) --War

3 recipes for each from level 5-8.
These would  all be new slot type to fit single slot epic.

Might need 2 slots for war to do 2 AN5 = 6 and a slot open so they can put an ice strike or AN1... might be simpler.

Dont have a rogue so not sure what formula they use, think same as monk.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 03:11:42 pm by wolfegunr » Logged

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 04:52:12 pm »

With this issue, I have been doing a lot of thinking.

There are two BIG problems that we face.
1) Reducing the Slots
2) Combining the Augs

To address the first, we cannot simply reduce the slots on the item. This could destroy augs and/or cause instability issues. The way that I found to address this is to start handing out duplicate epics with less slots.

In this example, theoretical old paladin epic 4.0 is item ID 1000 and has three slots of type 7 and theoretical new paladin epic 5.0 is item 2000 and has two slots of type 14. I understand these slots are probably wrong/non-existent and the item IDs are wrong...but just run with me.

On the epic vendor, we add a small block to start handing out the new paladin epic instead of the old paladin epic. He will STILL accept the old versions, but will start handing out new versions.

This helps to slowly phase out the epics in a natural fashion.

To address the second one, the new augs use a different slot to prevent particularly ingenious players from keeping old paladin 4.0 (with it's three slots) and using the new aug (effectively skyrocketing their DPS).

The old combines will be a weird one. If we simply disable them, then players needing two of the old aug to convert into the new aug are stuck. If we leave them active, some will never move to the new system.

One way that I can think of is to disable the old recipes, add recipes to combine old aug + mats for a second of current aug (i.e. Icestrike 3 and mats for Icestrike 3) into new aug. The problem with it though is that some get MUCH cheaper upgrades for being able to skip the requirement for the previous one.

One other option entirely is to start with T7 as the "-1 slot" tier.  Change the slot type so players cannot use new augs on old weapons. Up the damage by the equivalent of what is being lost. As far as I am aware, dual wielding DPS classes get one NS and two IS. After change, they would get one NS and one improved IS.

• Warriors, druids, shaman types, and clerics would actually see a small DPS boost (as they use all Icestrikes), which is fine in my flawed opinion.
  • The Knights would go from three augs to two augs, which means the new Firestrikes would be 1.5x their current (so their DPS is still roughly the same increase and won't skyrocket them).
  • Ninjastrikes will stay the same as DPS classes get one NS slot anyway.

Either way, just thoughts.

-Hate

(p.s. - I know this is a bitter scatterbrained, will clean up when I get back from lunch)

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 05:18:15 pm »

Don't forget that the server has a variable I think in rule values table that sets the average proc's per minute. So its possible to reduce how many augs you have in your weapon and still proc the same number of times?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 05:43:12 pm »

Don't forget that the server has a variable I think in rule values table that sets the average proc's per minute. So its possible to reduce how many augs you have in your weapon and still proc the same number of times?

The problem (as far as I understand it) is simply too many procs per round (hence the aug slot reduction). Standard group has Tempest Blade #, Spirit of the Kraken, possibly some self only proc, and then 3-6 Augs.

Kicking out an aug slot would bring it down to 2-4 augs, which is more when combined with the onslaught of proccy goodness.

-Hate

Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 06:00:16 pm »

I did some testing with my pally a long while ago. With FS augs and the proc on his weapon, he was maxxed out with procs that would go off. If i cast the single target proc(the lower level one) i would lose the damaging proc part of the epic and lose dps.
Just wondering if there is a limit of how many "procs" that can come from or be effected by one player.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 06:04:50 pm »

I did some testing with my pally a long while ago. With FS augs and the proc on his weapon, he was maxxed out with procs that would go off. If i cast the single target proc(the lower level one) i would lose the damaging proc part of the epic and lose dps.
Just wondering if there is a limit of how many "procs" that can come from or be effected by one player.

From my understanding, 4 per round. Maybe this could be adjusted in the code. I will add to my list of things to read up heavily on tomorrow.

-Hate

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 07:32:23 pm »

This wouldn't be the first time we adjusted proc rates. Last time there was a lot of butt-hurt.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fanon_Emarr

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 08:33:08 pm »

This wouldn't be the first time we adjusted proc rates. Last time there was a lot of butt-hurt.

As long as the adjustments net out to no change for current tiers, I don't think anybody will freak out.

Faynon (Pal) / Necrofanster (Really?) / Nonaf (SK) / Fanfabulous (Bard) / Fandurable (War) / Fanfireworks (Mage)
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 08:53:21 pm »

The limit is strange, you need to look over the source and draw a picture and it will make more sense.
An idea of lowering the number of aug slots and combing augs would be win for several reasons.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 09:59:07 pm »

Combining 3 augs into 1 would probably have the 1 new aug be a new slot type so that previous tier/epics can't use it. Only the new epic weapons with 1 slot would be able to use it.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 10:05:48 pm »

Combining 3 augs into 1 would probably have the 1 new aug be a new slot type so that previous tier/epics can't use it. Only the new epic weapons with 1 slot would be able to use it.

There ya go!!!

We won't need buttpads that way!

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
bunga

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2012, 10:30:29 pm »

Thats not what you told Napoleon last night Smiley
napoleonn

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2012, 10:35:59 pm »

Jesus dude i get brought up in every trolling post eh? I am Not the new fugitive.....
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2012, 10:37:07 pm »

Jesus dude i get brought up in every trolling post eh? I am Not the new fugitive.....

nah still just a wannabe

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 99