Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 02:07:19 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Feedback on recent changes  (Read 4546 times)
cerwin

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2012, 04:48:47 pm »

I think the recent changes to weapon delay and mob leashes are pretty helpful in reducing lag. Im not sure if you intended to change pets delay/dmg or not, but my necro pet is still buzzsawing through mobs at > 15 hits per second.

I made some parses before and after the changes, and I figured I would post the differences here for you so you have a frame of reference. These parses are about 5-10min, so allow for around 5% variability. I parsed necro pet and sk - both 4.0, max AA, oracle charms, staff of fluxing power, and same buffs used before and after the changes. I had a shaman keep kraken on them also. The only one with augs is the sk with FS5 x 3. Here are the numbers:

Overall DPS -
SK increased 28%
Necro pet increased 7%

Breakdowns -
Kraken DPS decreased 72% on the SK, but increased by 88% on the necro pet (obviously since pets delay wasnt changed. Honestly kraken is worthless right now unless cast on pets)
Aug DPS alone on the SK increased by 77%
Melee DPS alone on the SK increased by 43%

Let me know if you want more info.
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 05:07:15 pm »

My SK is destroying crap currently, with a UC and FS6/7/7. HoH avatars have about 2 million HP and I was killing them in 4-5 combat rounds.

My cleric with a UC and three IS5 was able to solo T5 trash faster than my SK could prepatch, FWIW
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 06:21:54 pm »

How fast does a T3/T4 player without UC kill Avatars?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
cerwin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 06:47:27 pm »

Depends on the group, or did you mean solo? My group of sk/necro/necro/cleric/sham can kill an avatar in probably 15 seconds. All are T4 and 4.0, no UC's.
MacofMacs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 06:57:51 pm »

The only thing that I have experienced is bad is TB , Kraken and DPS is more like bursts now big nukes, puase 3 seconds, big nukes, pause 3 seconds etc..
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 07:22:38 pm »

It depends on charms and stuff. Right now though, my firestrikes are hitting for over 100k and because of how procs work, they currently are proccing on every swing (since the revamped weapons have such high delay). It's funny that before you'd swing and trigger 1-2 of your procs per swing but be swinging incredibly fast, whereas now you carve things up in giant chunks. It was pretty funny tabbing to a MCP add and having one swing take it down to 30% hp.

I'm not exactly sure what my DPS was before, but right now I can solo an avatar in about 10 seconds depending on crits. Before it took me maybe 20 seconds to solo one? They have 2 million HP, so I'm guessing I did about 100k dps.

Basically, figure out how much dps each strike aug should add to each swing and adjust them accordingly. Perhaps increase the proc modifier on the augs also to ensure they proc every swing. This keeps effects like spell haste (enchanters/bards) and item clicks like that qvic ranged slot very useful, but also makes slows and stuns more potent. With the new weapon speeds, I was swinging maybe every 2 seconds or so? I'm not exactly sure since I can't see the real delay on the weapons. I'm assuming it's around 100 base delay, since I have 175% from UC and 68% from hailing my pet.

Edit: Did some parses in Sro. First is mostly self buffs + hailing pet for haste, though xiggie's bard was unfortunately in range of me for a fair chunk of it so I had an extra +100% spell damage. Second is with Kraken, Tempest Blade, warsong of zek, bard 3.0 click, symphony of battle, ancient: call of power (30% overhaste, don't know if it even works), ancient: vampiric thunder, and wail of tashan on the target dummy.

Edit: Sorry if the 2nd one is much spammier, had to disable MQ so I could see pet procs/etc
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 08:17:18 pm by Griz » Logged
Griz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 08:19:37 pm »

TL;DR - buffs don't contribute nearly as much anymore, base dps (for me at least) is probably up about 50% unbuffed, 30% buffed since before the changes.

Edit: My cleric with IS5s does about 110k dps, haha
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 08:31:10 pm by Griz » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 134