Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 03:40:39 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: Should There Be Another Tiki In POD?
Yes-The zone is always packed - 14 (82.4%)
No- Players should wait patiently for one of the two camps to open - 1 (5.9%)
No-There is no one in the zone when I am there - 2 (11.8%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pod Crowded  (Read 7088 times)
kyle

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2010, 11:26:30 pm »

PoD seems very crowded recently.  50+ people in there at peak times the last week or so.

Freeball - Beastlord
Pwncakes - Cleric
Eugooglizer - Enchanter
Kyle - Shadowknight
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 11:36:26 pm »

need the option for "no, its not to crowded. its almost completely empty when i am in zone"

Bikaf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 12:02:08 am »

you mean "One of the four camps"?
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 12:04:28 am »

I don't think another tiki would address the issue with over crowding. I think it should be made instanced by guild.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 12:13:28 am »

If this zone was instanced per guild, I could see some guilds exploding in advancement heh

Chubb

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 12:15:09 am »

yeah thats true...
i don't think there shold be another tiki but i do get the frustration when a guild is camping the tiki for 6 plus hours
Tankzilla

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 12:31:37 pm »

If this zone was instanced per guild, I could see some guilds exploding in advancement heh

This would be a great idea, but at the same time then we would get to end game before Hunter / Basher could release new content, unless they already have it in the making... the "secret" =p
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 03:07:18 pm »

Actually I can see issues with instanced per guild too. What about people who don't have a guild? Or people who leave a guild and want to go free agent till they find one they want to join. It would give guild leaders and officers a new power they could lord over others. In addition, rots would go to rots instead of eager new comers.

So, something a little more elaborate. A quest that your guild can do. Components would drop from the mobs in PoD, (non instanced) that you would put together to create an item that would port you and your raid to a zone where you would kill a certain mob. That mob would drop a note with a code in it. That code would be good for a week. You would use that code with a certain quest npc that would then transport you to an instanced PoD. The only logistical problem I could see is the porting of your raid. If porting of a raid does not work, (like if it only worked for groups) then the solution would be that if more than one group is needed for the battle then more than one set of components would need to be collected. For instance, if it takes going to take 3 groups to do the battle then 3 sets of components would need to be collected. Three different toons would make the the item, (from 3 different groups) and they would each port in. Obviously this would be a zone that is not instanced but the only way in is with the item you make from the components collected from PoD. I don't think the item itself should be that hard to find but the battle itself should be the hard part.

I am going to elaborate a bit in the suggestions forum and post a link to it here

Tankzilla

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 03:25:17 pm »

wow, thats a very good idea Xiggie, something along those lines atleast... my main problem with PoD is waiting for camps, and maxing out my inventory with Crystals, now I can move to T2 and start farming those crystals while waiting on camp and what not... but I would rather have a way to get armor while sitting around waiting on a camp.... or even accessories to drop off minis, just like a 25% chance or something *shrug*
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 03:35:56 pm »

Thank you Tankz, I really appreciate it. As I mentioned earlier here is the link to my official suggestion. Please tell me what you all think.

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=357.0

kyle

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 11:38:27 pm »

yeah thats true...
i don't think there shold be another tiki but i do get the frustration when a guild is camping the tiki for 6 plus hours

Same thing frustrates me and the buddy I play with...Usually it isn't a single guild either, it is one person boxing six characters camping the same tiki all day long.

Freeball - Beastlord
Pwncakes - Cleric
Eugooglizer - Enchanter
Kyle - Shadowknight
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081