Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 02:53:02 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ultimate Weapon Ultimate Augment (UWUAm)  (Read 7090 times)
Anuli

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2013, 12:04:24 pm »

So reading about the suggestions from fugi and ideas thrown around in the topic "Ultimate Weapon" by Fugi and thinking about this:
How about a special Ultimate Augment Quest with a unique slot number?

=============================================================================
I had an idea about the ultimate augment, which i am referring to as UWUAm, basically combine CoD zombies with Starcraft2 and create an end of the world apocalypse minigame where you must do a quest while fending off thousands of constantly spawning zombies that get harder and harder to kill. Doing the quest and getting a certain amount of kills would get you the UWUAm and if you die or zone you restart the minigame from square one. YOU CAN STOP READING HERE UNLESS YOU WANT TO KNOW THE DETAILS
=============================================================================

In starcraft, I felt the best part of the game was where one of the leaders of the "good" alien race came to the human commander and showed him a vision of the future where the "bad" alien race killed every last human and it was a final standoff  protoss and zerg where you played protoss and the object was to survive and kill as many of them as possible. In the end of course you died no matter how good you are; 1. Because you have so many limitted resources to build/modify/repair, and 2. Every minute they increase in the amount of units and diversity of the units that are sent at you in waves. The most powerful units sent later and most effective diverse groups being sent well into it. The achievement was to kill more than 10,000 units before you die.

CoD Zombies, the only other game that I play aside from EZ, is centered around this idea completely. You start out with nothing but a pistol and have to kill to get points and buy better guns and buy doors to run away and survive all the while the zombies get stronger, faster, and numorous.

I was thinking of a way to incorporate this into the quest, for example if the zone were only accessable by a player with the UW, he couldnt bring his entire group in to help kill, but at the same time he can team up with other people with the UW in the zone. It could have a score count per run, like keep track of how many solo kills and there could be a leaderboard, but in order to get the UWUAm you would have to get a certain amount of solo kills as well as a time limit they must reach, and its more of a mini game that is begun by talking to an NPC and starting it. If they zone out or die they lose. You could also put in a side quest to be on top of the kills and time to achieve, like when they start the "game" they have to collect items that they give to an NPC to spawn the NPC that gives them the UWUAm, but in order to get one of the items, or markers, you have to have... Let's say 10,000 kills this run. Aside from that the NPCs with the other markers have to be found, like you have to kill 4 mobs in the correct order to get that marker, then while killing you find something to combine and turn it to a machine-like NPC to give you the marker you need, and after... Let's say 30 minutes... The NPC that gives you your UWUAm spawns and you can hail him to check you to see if you have all of the markers complete and the amount of kills needed. Obiously all done solo. If you are in a group, the original start NPC wouldnt start the timer for the augment NPC, so a group score could be achieved but the UWUAm can't be gotten an easier route than the intended solo route. The start NPC would also check you for the items used in the quest and delete them before you can start a new attempt so that you cant do part of the quest one time and the other part another time, it must all be done in one half hour run.

As far as the mobs to face go, it could be done by having zombie001 with X amount of health and X amount of damage, with X amound of speed, that when it is killed, spawns 2 zombie002 mobs with X+1 of all of its stats, then each of those when kills will spawn 2 with X+3 stats. After 10 minutes a superstat mob could appear and have to be killed, along with the items that need to be obtained. Spawns should appear at the edges of the zone but have 100% zone radius as their aggro radius. Some of the in betweens can have spawn points randomly throughout the zone, or even just the starting mobs spawn near zone edge but the rest spawn at points vlose to the player, so that they have a minute to get ready when they start.

A way to prevent someone from just waiting out the timer and killing really slowly to make sure they get it (like training the lower lvl zombies and killing one every so often at full health and waiting on their health to go up is to have a decay timer on the UWUAm npc that takes him out after 1 hour, so the quest has to be completed within a window of time.

Creating instakill bombs and things of that nature would be cool to look into too as something only being able to be used inside that zone.
I also apologize ahead of time for the length of this and any spelling/gramar mistakes, im on my iPad in my car typing this.
Comments and constructive critisism welcomed. Just an idea I would love to see incorporated into the server. A little end game player competition like this could be fun right?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 07:12:36 pm by Anuli » Logged
monelyn

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 02:20:38 pm »

tldr; Anuli is the first person I have ever known to actually play SC for non competetive play.
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 04:12:50 pm »

Oh come on man, it is all serious and relevant. I meant to put it in suggestions, not general discussion tho
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 04:27:01 pm »

Honestly to complicated for an EMU and EZ, a lot of players are wanting some high end functions.

And the little competition for the end game players.. lets see.. wearing a uw9 and full T7 is pretty much good competition.. How many people do you see having these in the future. I'm still a few days /  weeks away.  ( 900 Essences + Buttload SLS+ PP ) (right now there are two 7s, one 8, and one 9.) It will probably be that way for a while.

Some times KISS is the best.

UW needs some work that Hunter is still working on some basic fixes.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 05:12:58 pm »

Oh come on man, it is all serious and relevant. I meant to put it in suggestions, not general discussion tho

Longer post do tend to get skimmed or skipped.

People have a short attention span, so treat your post like a resume. Expect someone to only look at it for 10-15 seconds. So explain the key points that is easy and quick to read.

Personally, I just woke up, and will have to come back to this topic when I'm more awake to re-read it.

Edit: I would think an exception is a flame war where people analize every word to be used and quoted against each other.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 05:20:12 pm »

Edit: I would think an exception is a flame war where people analize every word to be used and quoted against each other.

Nooo, that never happens..

-Hate"
Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 06:19:10 pm »

You're an idiot. This happens all the time.

Main: Bubbin
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 06:56:02 pm »

Sarcasm man. He was being sarcastic. Ok yes it would be difficult and complicated but that is the point. Its like a mini game when you arent progressing. It could even be converted to everyones use but the complicated difficult version for aquiring the UWUAm only for the UW weilders. The less difficult version being an option for everyone as a minigame/distraction from the real game. Who doesnt like games inside of games? Rhetorical question Bubbin, dont actually answer that :p
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 07:15:36 pm »

There, I editted the original post to give you the good stuff up front and graciously offered the option of skipping the details and told you where to read.
Bobbin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 07:20:36 pm »

Sarcasm man.

Not a fan of irony?

Main: Bubbin
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 07:44:02 pm »

Sarcasm man.

Not a fan of irony?

Completely read over it, my bad.
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 07:57:17 pm »

LOL

-Hate"
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 09:07:56 pm »

A zombie mini game.

I had this idea too a while back.

Was going to make a quest npc to start the event.

As time goes on, more and more zombies spawn.

They walk/run very slow, but will hit very hard 1-3 shot you.

They also have low hp so anyone can do the event.

Was going to use big open zone to do it since mobs tend to run thru walls when aggro.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 08:49:59 am »

That's why I thought a large zone with no walls would be good for it since the walls don't do anything for keeping them out lol.
Even if it isn't used to do the ultimate augment it would be pretty cool to have the mini game in here anyway. I know I would play it all the time. I'd be willing to help with it too, ill look for maps and creative ideas to keep it interesting and entertaining in long games of zombies.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 05:55:24 pm »

Someone could probably create the event if they wanted via perl quest in an empty zone except for the 1 control npc.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057