Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2024, 12:18:16 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Monk DD T3 clicky  (Read 8456 times)
Mattnaik

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2013, 08:18:52 am »

How does everyone use this? Seems like it would be pretty decent addition to DPS but I can't see myself spamming the thing every 6 seconds. Is anyone twisting this or is it not worth the trouble to turn on and off the twist for each melee?

Hulkmad
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 11:08:12 am »

For any  ability I need to click often, I tie to a hotkey on each character, and make em all the same numbered key. Example: pally for yaulp, zerker for epic click, warrior for flurry or a hate click, monk clickies....well, you get the idea. I then just make a key on my controller box (I work from the paladin) thats /bcaa //keypress #. I make a second key on each character thats for longer term or as needed clicks, such as bard 4.0+ click, pet heal or short term pet buff, mana return (necklace clicks, harvest, canni, etc), longer term clickies...well, you get the idea....and connect it to a 2nd key on the controller box. Works very well.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 11:34:09 am »

The click is fair enough, but has been revamped once. It's more useful than it's original state, but still just a T3 or T4 click. It should do a fair amount of damage when used. The short cooldown was intended to make it feel a bit like the spammable kick/punch/tail-sweep of the live monk.

mpano66 has the right idea though. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Mattnaik

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 11:43:14 am »

I do the same thing on some things. For instance Yaulp and kraken are close to the same timer so I tie those to a single button. When I see my kraken buff wear off, i click my button and also renews the Yaulp.

The issue with the Monk clicky is its a 6 sec cooldown. So I'd basically be spamming this from my main box. Just wondering if anyone is using this thing with an regularity and how they are using it.

Hulkmad
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 11:47:21 am »

I do the same thing on some things. For instance Yaulp and kraken are close to the same timer so I tie those to a single button. When I see my kraken buff wear off, i click my button and also renews the Yaulp.

The issue with the Monk clicky is its a 6 sec cooldown. So I'd basically be spamming this from my main box. Just wondering if anyone is using this thing with an regularity and how they are using it.

Got nothing here for you friend. I have SK, CLR, and BRD as my melee. Tank is my main window, cleric/bard autoattack. So...yeah, sorry Undecided

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 01:38:12 pm »

It is resistible for one thing. I just had it resisted by the practice dummy in nro. The most I saw it do is 14542 to a skeleton. I never got it to hit the practice dummy. It has to be equip to use it. It has to be equip in secondary, range or power source. Since it has no stats the only viable slot would be the power source but I reserve that for the much more useful crab fu. I suppose you could probably swap it out to click it but even if it hit for 15k every 6 seconds that is only an added 2500 dps but I tried it a couple dozen times on the practice dummy and it never landed. . To me it is not even worth a bag slot much less inventory or one of your 8 bag slots (if you planned on swapping it out each time). I have it in my bank just in case it ever changes to something more useful. Kind of a shame too, it would be really nice if it was something similar to the backstab, (especially since rogues get an fd clicky from t3 or t4). Maybe replace backstab with kidney shot or junk check or something like that. That and make it unresistible and so you don't have to equip it to click it and it would probably end up being used. As it is now, I don't know anyone who uses it. I mean no disrespect to you hate, I appreciate all the work you do.

Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 02:37:17 pm »

If I am not mistaken Xiggie, the thing has a cast time too. Completely worthless. May even hurt your dps.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 106
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)