Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2024, 07:28:28 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Stupid place for a %^&*#%@ invisible mob!!!  (Read 7292 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2013, 03:14:35 pm »

Look, I know its my own damned fault for being so freaking stupid.....but can we PLEASE move that invis mob thats at the zone in to Abyss? I created a waypoint that I thought was far enough away, like a normally do, and handed it cash.....and like an idiot didnt read the name of the NPC I was trading to (no pets even close, nowhere near the merch, facing the walkway edge almost to the Alkari spawn) and STILL lost 300K. Tried it from 4 diff angles and got that ? npc and not the waypoint every time. Had to go behind the merch and create it there to make the instance.

That aside, this is a REALLY stupid place for an invis NPC. I understand you need amusement too, Hunter.....and dying to a random buffbot deathtouch is fine and all.....but when it costs cash? Not so funny any more. Any chance of moving this thing?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Goth

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 03:28:15 pm »

I understand you need amusement too, Hunter.....and dying to a random buffbot deathtouch is fine and all.....

LOL ...
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 04:33:13 pm »

Your wife should hide your wallet, who knows who you would give money too.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 05:12:11 pm »

Lmao
Really needed that laugh with the day I'm having
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 05:48:03 pm »

Lmao
Really needed that laugh with the day I'm having

Get off your knees and your day will "suck" less.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 06:16:26 pm »

Ya get on a roll, you're in a zone with no one else, you have no pets up, no npc anywhere near you, you arent facing an NPC....you dont expect trade to hit anyone but the waypoint. Tell me no one else does it Tongue

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Peign
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 07:55:47 pm »

If you would get out of Abyss, you wouldn't have to worry about it.   Less talky talk more grindy grind.

Problem solved.
Danish

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 06:55:09 am »

Well if it isn't...! Have you returned Peign?

I heard that the invisible mob, works sort of like a wish fountain. Give him some $ and you may wish for the spawns and drops you need. Maybe it'll come true!

Everyone knows, that The Abyss is a wonderful and magical zone, where everything can happen.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 06:55:42 am »

Ya know, its really touching, Peign, that in your busy schedule the ONE thing that sticks out as most important for you to comment on the boards here is your concern for my progression. No, really, man! It brings a tear to my eye that its THAT important to you. Really!

I play to have fun. I dont measure the value of my life or the length of various body parts by what I do in a video game. If unwinding and having fun means I afk on and off while getting sheet done around the house or on my work remote, or if it means me chatting with various people about....whatever.....then thats me having fun. And I know the concept of helping someone out without expecting payback of some kind confuses the hell out of you, Peign, but if thats something else I wanna do, then thats what I do. And if that somehow diminishes me in your eyes, then in my opinion any lack or flaw there is on your end, not mine.

And the same goes for any other EZ player who wishes to give me shit about my progression. I'm working T5 when I feel like working T5.....when I enjoy it. If I log in and feel like spending the day in HoH farming cash/tokens/charms, or helping a random newbie while I have a few minutes, I do so. MY time, my fun. Dont like it? Eat one.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 07:00:00 am by mpano66 » Logged

Danish

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 07:12:25 am »

I would just like to stress the fact, that I by no means have any concerns about your progress.

We're all here to have fun, doing whatever we think is fun. In my view you're a huge help to the new/returning players, myself included when I came back in december.

And while we're on the subject of progress, I'm not sure Peign is making huge leaps right now anyway Tongue

Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 08:45:10 am »

When I came back from a break P man helped me without expecting anything in return so dont knock on him.
But I have candy!

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Maydaay

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2013, 10:51:25 am »

I like candy, but seriously good read here!
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 04:22:27 pm »

Oh I meant to bump this and mention how stupid you are if you hand anything to these npc.
Seriously.... they are like 50 units of distance away from the greetings npc and on the right side of the bridge almost on top of the bridge's low wall.
Hell the distance is probably closer to 125, 50 just feels right when I eyeball it.

So yeah that first line on the ground on the first bridge, stand the fuck behind that shit and click waypoint/banker/masturbater and go about da' business

P.S. Those npc really suck to have on that bridge, its a totally wack spot so I understand what this post originally was all about but I have never had an issue with them. Guess not thinking I needed to run half way to fucking <China> to spawn a waypoint/whatever means I never bumped into them. Smiley

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2013, 03:53:36 pm »

I never realized you could trade to untargettable invisible NPC when I placed them there.

Will have to move them to another location soon in next update.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 246
  • Online Ever: 8678