Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2024, 08:58:39 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Blue Diamond Armor, what to do, what to do...  (Read 7434 times)
Nexxel

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2013, 03:46:35 pm »

So, While I started my first ROA I made my self some lower tierd armor to help with the progression, but kept my eyes on this stuff.

Now, with the new way of getting ROA thru AA points, and other then twinking a new alt to lvl right up quick, there sits the BD armor sets.

I know when the ROA quests were changed it was brought up about the armor along with all that dropped during last Holloween, what could be done with it, amd I'm Curious if anything ever developed and if not does anyone have any suggestions on this.

I know many sets out now are from the October event and few were made prior and even fewer if any have been made since. I think it would be kewl if we could come up with something to change on them that would make them more desiable to wear.

Now on the otherhand if this is something that has gone the way of the doe-doe bird, ok, retire it to history and put something else on for drop this holloween.

As far as suggested changes what about exp modifiers, (the original armor was kinda purposed for the ROA, lets keep with the idea), or heroic resists, or a modifier to drop %'s (if thats even possible) or Huh? whats some ideas?
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 04:09:21 pm »

Could make it a way to back flag alts for higher end players. Make the armor require a drop from a rare t7 or t8 boss that when combined with the blue armor flags in the past t5 with a full set. Increase the final combine to include 50 essences of t6 or t7.... just an idea.

Keeze
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 06:43:11 pm »

Could make it a way to back flag alts for higher end players. Make the armor require a drop from a rare t7 or t8 boss that when combined with the blue armor flags in the past t5 with a full set. Increase the final combine to include 50 essences of t6 or t7.... just an idea.

Intersteing idea, Kind of like a rapid progresion recipie to jump past the early tiers of progression. definatly unique, thugh the idea of more uses for essences might send some peeps over the edge with all the Hi-demand for them with all the UW farming.

Though if that dont do it we could always add SLS to it as well  Wink
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 09:37:57 pm »

It could be anything instead of essences then. Was thinking a clever way to block sales of the said item would be to make it no rent or something. I dunno, would be for those who rock the T7 or T8 people to avoid having to knock out T5 spawns and armor stuffs.

Keeze
red2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 10:11:28 pm »

i kinda like this idea. I'd consider turning a BD set into a t5 set. possibly turn in a bd piece to finish a page of the t5 quest. except that would require a t2 bp, and a 4.0.
jmaneuv011

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 10:24:50 pm »

How about an npc that will let us trade a bd armor piece for either a high level resist Aug or an exp gain Aug that goes by the armor alot of the piece that was turned in?
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 12:33:56 am »

Or just leave it as it is and accept that useful things eventually end up dated. FBSS was super useful at one time too...
Krinkle

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 02:29:49 am »

As it is you can wear anything just under blue diamond armor to 60 pvp (or recently was like that) nothing else to say just thought id make a post.

Krinkle Sprinkle
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 11:11:51 am »

Or just leave it as it is and accept that useful things eventually end up dated. FBSS was super useful at one time too...

And now the FBSS is used in a quest. No reason to not revisit an old item to reuse it. After all, isn't it exactly what eqmu's are all about?

Keeze
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 11:25:21 am »

Now on the otherhand if this is something that has gone the way of the doe-doe bird, ok, retire it to history and put something else on for drop this holloween.

Yes true, But we dont see things being dropped that had been moved to the status of "Dated" during special events though.

On the otherhand I'd like to see something done with it as do others I think.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 11:56:49 am »

And you haven't seen blue diamond armor drop during special events since it's been dated either...the fact that there's a shitload of it out there in people's banks from last Halloween doesn't warrant making it any more useful or useless than it currently is.  Couple that with the fact that even when it had it's uses last Halloween, people weren't killing Stone Monster and Insane Goblin to get BD armor, they were killing them for the familiars, strike augs, sceptre upgrades, and ores.  Personally I could care less if BD armor is somehow made relevant since I'm a packrat and all it's doing right now is taking up bank space, but I really don't see why it needs to be.
Bladethorn

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 02:38:37 pm »

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=3452.msg44123#msg44123

Few other ideas from last year.

~Guild Pa'ahana~

~Bladethorn, Ironskin, Ironhyde, Stormfade, Redthorne, Redwynd, Xhaidis, Forbid, Vailyn, Aayen, Greyshadow~
Anuli

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2013, 04:57:17 pm »

There is no reason it should be given to an npc and turned into something good. most of the armor around now was just given away to tons of people during Halloween, and turning it in for something awesome would be the same as just keeping the OP BU weapons that everyone got for free. It wasn't earned, you dont need it anymore so.. just bank it until there might be a point for it
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2013, 05:01:24 pm »

true maybe today BD set useless but how looks tomorrow!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 246
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)