Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 10:28:24 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Rampage  (Read 6988 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2013, 08:00:45 pm »

How are players doing with rampage? What tactics are used to counter it? Also, how exactly does it work. If rampage goes off, it hits the main aggro targetted? What about AoE Rampage, does that hit players behind the mob? Just curious how difficult it is and how players deal with it.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 09:53:48 pm »

I am not going to comment on how exactly rampage works because I am not 100% sure on the mechanics and do not want to get things wrong, but I am going to point out what I feel is a problem with rampage:

Farming all the essences needed for augs, shield of ages, UW, mana necklace or aas for ranks of ring of ages is a big grind, so to efficiently farm essences and aas players mass pull mobs. Now I know the rules say do not form trains larger than 10 mobs but the reality is that players farming large quantities of essences or aas pull large trains of mobs in private instances (think like 20+ mobs) otherwise farming everything you need to farm on the server takes forever. When these mobs are T5+ generally they can only be tanked effectively by a warrior due to their substantial amount of mitigation (t7 bp effect only amplifies the effectiveness of warrior tanking). The problem is while the warrior single handedly tanks a pack of 40 mobs that all have the ability to rampage, characters of any class that are sent in to assist with DPS will instantly die to rampage.

For example, it is possible for a warrior to tank an entire wing of T8 at once but as soon as you send a zerker in to assist with AE, theyre toast. One cannot line of sight rampage like npc spell aes, put character at max melee range or behind the mob to avoid hits: the only way to deal with rampage is to heal through the damage. Sadly players have reported that it is MORE efficient to farm SOLO with warrior simply because then you do not have to go through the hassle of having to rez all your other characters when they instant die to rampage.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 10:17:32 pm »

No point making the Warrior to be only useful class besides only main tank in the game, and having all other classes sit out.

There is stonewall for all classes, sometimes buffed from another class, and yes warriors have highest stonewall.

As stated in update, removed rampage and aoe rampage for now, hopefully this makes things easier to use all classes.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 10:45:29 pm »

Just a quick google search and I found this...

Rampage means that the mob will swing normally at the highest player on agro, and will 'Rampage' swing at a second player. This second player, as is my understanding, is either the first or second person to agro the monster. If the first person to agro the mob is not the main tank, they will be the ramp tank. If the first person to agro the mob IS the main tank, the rampage tank will be the second person that engaged the mob. Note that this doesn't mean the first/second person on the agro list but instead the actual first and second person to put themselves on the mobs hate list. If you obtain rampage accidentally, any fade/feign death/stasis ability will remove yourself from that list.

AE Rampage simply means that, completely separate from it's main attacks, the mob will do rounds of AoE attacks to all nearby players/pets/mercenaries/npcs. There is a 'max melee range' on all mobs that is larger than the range at which they do AE ramps but close enough to the mob to still swing your weapons at it.

Keeze
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 10:48:32 pm »

I understand the AE rampage being removed from trash mobs, however I think it should stick on all "boss" mobs.

Keeze
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 10:57:20 pm »

So it was more of an issue when pulling multiple trash that had it, rather than the bosses having it?

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Nexxel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 11:00:39 pm »

I thought you comment in ooc was that a t8 zerker was complaing about pulling a group in t6? sounds like trash farming to me.
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 11:01:38 pm »

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... must be a ........

Keeze
jmaneuv011

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 04:07:44 am »

Mobs like Tserrina and Svartmane were basically warrior solos with heals due to the ramp.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 97
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)