Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 03:23:54 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Seeking Advice  (Read 5307 times)
Dinadas

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2014, 11:41:54 am »

My 12 is currently t7 flagged, can't kill for anything there though

Warrior has UC2 and UW6 (~1.1mil hp and 2500 Resist)

Monk is about 30% done with UC2 and NS8's

Almost all melee have uc1 a few just 41sorc and at least V augs, spending what plat I earn to upgrade NS5's to 8's Melee 6.0'd, casters/priests missing some pages.

All keyed to ToFS 5

Everyone at least SoT4 some higher, been working that recently.

I find when I log on I am torn what to do and seeking advice on where to focus my play time.

I have 35 abyss essences so far towards UW7, and have been farming on and off again

Debated working on resists and keying up to floor 7, since I will need EoFS 7 as well.

Farming t6 for UC2's and epics

T7 is off the table for now, i worked at it for 3 hours one night and got warrior about half geared but terribly inefficient with current augs/charms.

I feel when I was stuck in t5 I had a focus, now that past it feel terribly unfocused.

TLDR:
Farm t5 for essences for UW7
or
Farm t6 for UC2 and epics
or
Farm ToFS for resists/keys/charms
or
Farm kill task quest

With t6 being fixed lag wise, figuring that will be the best time invested now on uc2's for dps toons, but wondering opinions.
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 01:10:30 pm »

or
Farm ToFS for resists/keys/charms

These.  Call them 1 and 1A.

UC2 is your friend, and the friend of your alts without UC1.
huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 01:18:49 pm »

I to agree with

Not only will it give you UC2 and better epics for your casters/clerics, there is a ton of money to be made in there.  I average about 1.5 - 1.75 mil each run.  This will give you the cash to upgrade your augs.  Each time I run it, I upgrade at least 1 aug and then I run it faster.

Combine UC2 and better augs and you will be mowing through T7 in no time.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 01:22:05 pm by huffdady » Logged
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 01:19:17 pm »

I look forward to people with experience responding to your post..

I have been wandering around T5 for awhile trying to remake my 12 into a solid group moving forward...

I came to T5 with the following group;

1.war/cleric/monk/zerk/bard/pally
2.cleric/zerk/zerk/zerk/zerk/zerk

War/cleric/pally are UC1 with the rest sporting at least 41 charms ...war has UW1 but I don't use it (a whole topic to itself).

Was able to clear everything nicely and was totally easy to control..just /stick 10 /ass main tank and everything dies.. no need for expensive augs or fancy party hats..

But I really wanted to add some flavor to my group and so I started tinkering with it...

Now I have...

War/Cleric/Druid/Monk/Rogue/Pally
Cleric/Bard/Ranger/Zerk/Wizzy/Zerk

DPS seems about the same...still need a few sorc charm v1s and V2s to finish up some stuff...wizzy has Mana Neck V (Awesome item!)...

Should I push forward with this group past T5? can this configuration work in T8+??

I don't mind leveling up new toons...hell...... I need the Essence anyway so adding any class is not a big deal...

Any thoughts?

Sorry for hijacking thread but its along the same lines...looking for peoples thoughts on what I should be investing my time in...

arya1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 02:13:03 pm »

I look forward to people with experience responding to your post..

I have been wandering around T5 for awhile trying to remake my 12 into a solid group moving forward...

I came to T5 with the following group;

1.war/cleric/monk/zerk/bard/pally
2.cleric/zerk/zerk/zerk/zerk/zerk

War/cleric/pally are UC1 with the rest sporting at least 41 charms ...war has UW1 but I don't use it (a whole topic to itself).

Was able to clear everything nicely and was totally easy to control..just /stick 10 /ass main tank and everything dies.. no need for expensive augs or fancy party hats..

But I really wanted to add some flavor to my group and so I started tinkering with it...

Now I have...

War/Cleric/Druid/Monk/Rogue/Pally
Cleric/Bard/Ranger/Zerk/Wizzy/Zerk

DPS seems about the same...still need a few sorc charm v1s and V2s to finish up some stuff...wizzy has Mana Neck V (Awesome item!)...

Should I push forward with this group past T5? can this configuration work in T8+??

I don't mind leveling up new toons...hell...... I need the Essence anyway so adding any class is not a big deal...

Any thoughts?

Sorry for hijacking thread but its along the same lines...looking for peoples thoughts on what I should be investing my time in...

Looks good. Zerkers are not that great in t8, but good in t7. If you have another DPS to replace the one zerker, it would be better in my opinion. Also, when I did t8 just before christmas you can do itvery well with one group.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 02:15:52 pm by arya1 » Logged
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 02:15:42 pm »

Add a chanter somewhere, either as a buffer out of the group or in group dropping GoA whenever it refreshes. One chanter will add more to the group with the makeup you're showing now than any other class.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 02:35:41 pm »

Thank you!!

red2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 04:02:49 pm »

And, it sucks but you have to put your time in.
Get everyone UCV2.
get the alts at-least 1600+ resists.
going from UW6 to UW7 doubles it .. so that is defiantly worth doing, which leads to fl7 keys, and tserina whips.
I didnt really focus on t7 till i hade all augs up to 8, and 6 UCv2's done. starting out, took me about 4-5 hours to clear zone with just my 12. bump that to 12 ucv2, all strikes at9, and a UW9 and clear time is less than 2 hours, and could probably be improved if i pushed harder.
there was a time not long ago, i spent 2 solid weeks on floor 5 getting resists up, made about 9M before the price change.

ps: getting the ninja clicky's from floor 7 will help later on.
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 09:49:02 pm »

My t6 runs full clears are down to 3 hours so making things speedier.

Thanks for the advice all.
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2014, 10:02:21 pm »

id say finish all the uc1s you can -1(loot upgrades in t6) then start t6/tofs mix i.e get 1 uc2 get burnt on anguish move to tofs for a bit then back to uc2 grind
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 250