Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2024, 02:34:53 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: New FG/CG Vendor  (Read 15253 times)
Zephr

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 11:24:06 pm »

Honestly, I like the whole, farm your way into one guild and get other free Smiley
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 01:43:02 pm »

What really might be a big help at lower levels is being able to buy/trade all the illusion clickies.

At higher lvls you can just plow thru any zones that you would use them for anyway, but for lower level characters, this would be a big help in getting them up and around.

Rob Smiley
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 07:14:15 pm »

Honestly, I like the whole, farm your way into one guild and get other free Smiley

i like this too.
for classes like ranger or paladin especially.
You go RoAing, and you're only in 1 guild... kinda sucks having to re-level some skills you don't have access to the guild for.

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2010, 12:26:30 pm »

I love that idea, but don't think buying it with plat is a good idea, for the reason mentioned (massive train farming..), same reason AA won't be used as currency to buy things..

How about, inside each guild is another quest npc that gives an easy quest to join the opposite guild.  Something like, bring me a flask of water, a zombie skin, and 100kpp (or whatever).

I should say though, if you make the items cheap enough people won't HAVE to farm plat, like 2k each, make the total cost 25-40kpp.. no farming needed for that really...  though I suppose there will always be that 18-boxer who wants to do all his toons in 1 day...  Tongue Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 12:32:01 pm by walk2k » Logged

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2010, 04:54:17 pm »

...  though I suppose there will always be that 18-boxer who wants to do all his toons in 1 day...  Tongue Roll Eyes

me

Smoka

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 07:55:35 am »

You guys are missing the most important thing. If it was made easier to get flagged for FG/CG, that would then be a reason for some not to buy the flag. If that happened, that's less income for Hunter.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 04:27:12 am by Smoka » Logged
Solbash

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2010, 10:02:07 am »

You guys are missing the most iomportant thing. If it was made easier to get flagged for FG/CG, that would then be a reason for some not to buy the flag. If that happened, that's less income for Hunter.

I agree, hunter has done some massive changes already to please the player base, and dipping into what income he does make off of the server wouldn't be fair.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2010, 10:58:01 am »

You guys are missing the most iomportant thing. If it was made easier to get flagged for FG/CG, that would then be a reason for some not to buy the flag. If that happened, that's less income for Hunter.

I agree, hunter has done some massive changes already to please the player base, and dipping into what income he does make off of the server wouldn't be fair.

I almost guarantee he makes zero money on the server, in fact he probably pays out of his own pocket to keep it running

Temptrix

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2010, 11:32:19 am »

Making the items purchasable kinda takes a little away from the entire idea of it.  I see the Casters/Fighters guild quests as sorta nostalgia quests.  Sorta like heritage quests in EQ2. Smiley  I suppose putting a vendor inside the guilds with purchasable items would be helpful.  Could make the items account specific so no giving to other people who didn't do the work.  Then you would just need to get 1 char per account flagged.  *shrug*  Of course, considering most peoples alts are on different accounts this wouldn't help much. 

Xx**Official Creeper**xX
Temptrix- 70 Mage
Vanity- 70 Warrior
Erotika- 70 Enchanter
Dallas- 70 Paladin
Celestiss- 70 Ranger
Acaydia- 70 Druid
Smoka

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2010, 04:26:51 am »

I almost guarantee he makes zero money on the server, in fact he probably pays out of his own pocket to keep it running

I highly doubt that. There's money to be made, and he is making it. I'm sure it's not a lot, but it's some extra here and there. I bet looking at the start to the current, he is ahead. Of course, this is speculation on my part and shouldn't be taken as fact. Remember, it's not jsut the stuff at the Surefall vendor that's for sale.  Grin
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2010, 01:39:55 pm »

Honestly now after having done each one a couple times (CG seems a lot easier btw..) I don't think this is critical.  What IS needed is simply lower the spawn times and if possible remove the placeholders.

The only @#$% part is waiting in line, and/or waiting for respawns, actually running around and killing the crap is fun.

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2010, 05:35:03 pm »

I highly doubt that. There's money to be made, and he is making it. I'm sure it's not a lot, but it's some extra here and there. I bet looking at the start to the current, he is ahead. Of course, this is speculation on my part and shouldn't be taken as fact. Remember, it's not jsut the stuff at the Surefall vendor that's for sale.  Grin

just sayin, afaik he pays for the server net (fiber line isnt cheap), domain for site, and a slew of other minor things that can add up (electricity for example). He could easily pay out a few hundred monthly just keeping the server up. Im not saying people don't buy things often, but unless he makes more than 200-300 a month from sales alone im certain he's not breaking even.

Etrik

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2010, 03:26:08 am »

Why not make the items drop in more than one zone?

There's so many unused zones to choose from and it probably wouldn't be that hard to have an extra 3-5 zones dropping the quest pieces. Instead these pieces can be made nodrop to prevent trading but every piece required from the both guild quests could randomly drop off any mob in these zones.

The other alternative I can think of is have a series of trials that they must complete solo and no buffs. Once you pass the trials, you're in.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 111
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)