Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 08:18:14 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Help create the EZ Guide Wiki!  (Read 4540 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2014, 12:08:51 pm »

Hi guys. I've made a post like this before, but have had limited luck getting what I need. So I thought I'd try a different track:

By now its no secret that thanks to Akkadius we're about to have an EZ wiki.....and unlike previous attempts this will be an official wiki, and will encompass much of the resources we already have on the forums, just in a concise, easily searched location. I've already put most of the info on the ezguide and in commonly used posts into the wiki, and the bones of the beast are complete! Now I'm just fleshing out the details!

One section that I think will help a ton is the CLASS section, which will detail what each class is about on EZ....some of their strengths and weaknesses, and how each can be used on the server. Most of these classes are easy for me to complete, since I play a pretty wide array of classes here. But....there are a few I do NOT play daily, and some I flat out just dislike. As such there are a few classes I think I should NOT write the guide for.

So.....I am looking for players who DO play some of these classes daily....who love playing them, and have a connection to them. I'd like to see what you think makes playing these guys viable, and some suggestions on the path to take to make them so! While I DO want to get someone with a connection to the classes, I'd really like to see it less in the realm of opinion and more in the realm of facts easily backed by data....so no "U shuld pla a SK cuz worriors sux!"

The classes I need help with: SK, necro, beastlord, rogue. I set all of these aside in favor of other classes on my box team (most of them no further than T6), so I'm not the best guy to ask about them. I'd like to see info from players with the classes in question at least in T6, if not further, since you will tend to have a broader view of the class, and what you can do to prep for higher level play. The rough format I am using for the wiki on classes is shown in the example below:

Ranger
This is NOT your grandfathers EQ ranger! Rangers live are quite strong for dps at range, and not as much melee. Here, though, they melee! On the EZ server melee dps means strike augs, and few classes can match dps with the ranger. They provide an excellent array of support and damage, and are a pretty easy choice for a group.

Why a Ranger?

Early on a ranger is just as unimpressive for damage as any other melee class, so do not be discouraged. As with monks, rogues, etc they don’t shine until you have strike augs and the right charms. But once you have invested a bit of time and effort in the ranger, they are amazing DPS! From 3.0 on rangers get ONE epic: their bow. This might make you think that they are a ranged dps class, but they are not. Rangers are melee if they want to be dps. Strike augs are best used on whatever dual wield weapons they might use. However, this does not mean that the bow goes unused! Epic bows also get a click with some very interesting effects, including a straight DD, a snare, a root, a debuff and a chance for a very very high damage DD. This click is what pushes the ranger class past most others in terms of dps, so you will definitely want to add it to your rotation for your ranger.

Additionally, rangers are able to use Tserinna’s Whip, which is a weapon that allows you to slot TWO NS augs (class 22 and class 8, so an NS9 and an NS8, for example). This gives them quite an edge over other NS melee.

*FG or CG?

For guild quests you’ll want to do Fighters Guild on the ranger first. Casters guild will help on casting for the ranger, so it isn’t a horrible idea, but FG first!

*AA

Once you’ve hit level 70 you’ll want to start working on ranger AA. There are a lot of choices here that can help rangers in their main role: melee dps!

When initially selecting your AA you’ll want to get the first basics the same as any class: max run speed, max planar power, max combat agility and stability, mystical attuning, discordant defiance and max lung capacity. After that you want to start maxing ANYTHING offense. A list of some “must haves” in no particular order:

Natural Durability
Delay Death
Ferocity
Physical Enhancement
Fury of Magic
Healing Adept
Healing Gift
Weapon Affinity
Combat Fury
Spell Casting Fury
Ambidexterity
Lightning Strikes

These will increase your offenses, and since your main role is dps they are great choices! For anything else read the description of the AA and decide what you want first.

*Spells, Charms, Augs

As dual wield melee dps ranger will eventually want ninjastrike augs, and icestrikes in extra slots before T7. Many rate ranger as either first for NS augs, or second behind monk. They will of course also want UC (and high priority) but before then they will want sorcerer’s charms. When able ranger is a perfect class to receive Tserinna’s Whip (can slot NS9+ and NS1-8 in that one weapon).

Rangers get a variety of interesting spells. Starting in Qvic they get Fistful of Arrows, a PBAoE with decent damage (get resists up or you can nuke yourself with it!) and Howl of the Huntmaster, which is added attack and chance to double. GREAT spells, which get upgrades in later tiers. In T1 rangers add Elysian Water (a decent ST heal), Gale Force (decent cold nuke) and Brushcoat (so so self thorns).  In T4 they get a self buff, Secret’s Secret Ranger Secrets, which improves damaging skills 30%. It’s a buff  you’ll want to keep on your ranger!

Any help would be appreciated! You can post what you like here, or email me at ezchunka@gmail.com. You'll get full credit for the write up on the wiki!

Also....I am doing images throughout to kind of spice up the page. If you want, take some screenies, and email them to me, and I'll use what fits Cheesy Pics of custom zones, class pics, etc all help. Please use F10 to hide the UI, so its just a screenshot.

Thanks in advance, guys!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 12:16:16 pm by mpano66 » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 12:45:00 pm »

So you want me to avoid saying Don't play a beastlord because the suck?

But what if they really do suck?

IM SO CONFUSED

Keeze
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 10:16:24 am »

I will go ahead and wrap up Mage for you brah!

The EZ Mage:

What a wonderful class...............skipping to the end......

Mages get:

1) that spell
2) a pet

Every great team should have a Mage, in their own group (if they die, oh well, you won't miss them for at least 20 mins or so, if ever) or to sit at the zone in to save instances, or to put at certain places in the zone to perform easy coth (they really shine in T7 for this).

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 11:07:07 am »

I winged it. Did the best I could with the classes I dont play.

For those of you who give a shit I'll open the wiki up Monday.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 11:15:48 am »

Let me help with druid;

The EZ Mage Druid:

What a wonderful class...............skipping to the end......

Mages Druids get:

1) that spell
2) a pet That other spell

Glad I could be of help! I could probably do one for the enchanter as well if that would be helpful.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 11:18:28 am by balidet » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061