Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 05:50:28 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Purposely making it more linear or overpopulated?  (Read 9879 times)
CakeM1x

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2010, 06:49:02 pm »

I was just curious if this is intended or not? I notice the higher I've gotten the more I've noticed things camped. qvic was the first thing I saw that was overcrowded, but tolerable. Even with 20+ you could still do something. Tacvi...well forget about it unless you park a toon there and are actively looking. PoD during normal hours is basically nothing but a luck draw for tikis. Constantly 20+ which means all the camps are taken. So basically you have 4 options at peak hours that haven't been overcrowded for months during peak hours(at my stage). qvic,tacvi,pod, and roa(if that counts). All are usally occupied except roa which is the only real option you have for zones to do it in(yet still farely limited outside of pof).

If you planned or hoped ez server would become this then I understand what you're doing. Just seems to be in the same position live use to be when I played there. But live gave more options if something was camped. Here you're kinda SOL cuz of the custom content. Just curious if this is what you envisioned?

I am very thankful for the service you have provided Hunter. Just like to know why some things are done they way they are:)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 06:54:21 pm by CakeM1x » Logged
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 07:00:10 pm »

Wow...interesting....

Let me make an observtin here without sounding insulting or condemning.

Well all I can say is while it is wonderful that you know how to express your opinion here... I think the statements you have made come mainly across as a complaint.

Now, there are two ways to handle this....

1) Go to another server and play where the 'vision' is more to your liking.

or

2) Instead of just complaining about it, try coming up with a reasonable solution to the problem and post it in Suggestions.

I prefer number 2 personally and hope that this observation has given you the inspiration to make EZ Server a better place.  Grin

Rob Smiley
Teehee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 07:00:50 pm »

What tends to happen is people pay money so they do not have to put up with fighting for camps.
CakeM1x

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 07:11:32 pm »

I'm not complaining(how can I complain? Hunter is providing a FREE service). I am just curious if this is now intended? Population is a difficult thing to combat. I was just curious if this is intended. Again, I am not complaining at all, just my nature to wanting to know why something is the way it is. Smiley
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 07:16:51 pm »

I'm not complaining(how can I complain? Hunter is providing a FREE service). I am just curious if this is now intended? Population is a difficult thing to combat. I was just curious if this is intended. Again, I am not complaining at all, just my nature to wanting to know why something is the way it is. Smiley

MY guess is that this was not the way it was intended.  However, due to the ease of progression at the lower levels and with more and more people coming to the server every day, there is now a 'build-up' around the more advanced areas. Of course then as it gets a little tougher and you need to group up to complete them it tends to slow people down or cause the probelms we have been having such as a lot of camping of certain places, people tagging along to pick up rots, some ninjalooting, etc...

Rob Smiley
CakeM1x

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 07:53:22 pm »

True. That's why I'm curios if there is an idea of spreading out the bottlenecks or not. I'm pretty sure ez wasn't designed for 250+ and that is why this has become more of an overcrowding issue now.
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 08:53:15 pm »

Speaking of Tacvi I have a question about but been afraid to ask anyone lol. I understand that the person who starts the the run its theres till complete right? If someone comes and waits at first boss for the zone do they get it even if the first groups wants to do another run?
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 09:08:38 pm »

Speaking of Tacvi I have a question about but been afraid to ask anyone lol. I understand that the person who starts the the run its theres till complete right? If someone comes and waits at first boss for the zone do they get it even if the first groups wants to do another run?

My understanding is:

First person to engage Boss 1 and defeats it, gets claim to the rest of the spawn.

However, no reason a couple groups cant work together on it *shrug*

Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 09:12:20 pm »

I guess what I meant is the first person to claim mob gets zone, but if someone else zones in and waits at first boss like waiting in line is the next zone theres even if the first group wants to do another run?
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 09:19:46 pm »

O wait, you pretty much answered that, so the 5 min rule doesnt really come into play for the first boss?
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 09:33:21 pm »

I would say, if you are sitting there waiting for the first boss, then yes it applies. However if you are killing the 8th boss or something, finishing up... and another group zones in, you're not really around and the boss spawns... bad luck for you

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 291