Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 06:41:31 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: WIKI EDITS  (Read 6553 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2014, 12:50:51 pm »

Ok, as you all know by now the wiki is up!

Allowing editing of the wiki is up to Management.....but meanwhile if you see something you think needs to be changed, PLEASE post it!

The format that would help is to name the page or section you think needs changed, and copy and past the content needing change and your proposed changes. WARNING: people will pick it apart (which is the whole point of the post). Dont expect it to automatically be changed verbatim the way you posted Cheesy

Also, please list anything that you think should have made the wiki but didnt.

Thanks guys!

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Phah

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 02:02:52 pm »

Something I would love to see is a "total newbie" section. I never played EQ live. I met a couple guys at school who played on P99, and I played about 25 levels over there before we started playing more here.

Given that fact, there is a bit of a learning curve to EQ itself, much less the EZServer in particular. I've been able to brute-force it pretty well so far, with plenty of help from other plays (and those lovely super-high-level buffs every so often). I've got a 12-box army at varying stages of CT - T2. However, it'd be great to see a page with links to basic (and maybe not-so-basic) things that are common knowledge to anyone who has ever played EQ for any amount of time. So that I don't have to ask /ooc something stupid that anyone, even an EZ newbie, should know, and then get yelled at for not reading the forums. (I know, I know. Those people really should read the guide. Duh. But I don't like asking /ooc anything, because half the time questions are met with helpful answers, another half it's sarcastic answers, and the third half its just flame.)

Silly, stupid things. Stuff like: what do I do with that arrow my ranger looted in CT? (Obviously there is something, I mean, I've spent maybe 30 hours in CT and had 2 arrows drop, so you clearly don't just loot more when you run out!) What discs besides stonewall does my warrior want to bother using? My other melee toons have skills and disciplines, which of these are any good? For that matter, this is the EZserver; do I even bother using those or is 'just melee shit' perfectly fine? my 3 casters have 50-200 spells each; which are any good? "The custom ones, of course"; but which are custom? I don't know the original spell list!

Basically, a resources center would be nice. Just a list of sites and/or pages that actually give decent explanations of how a thing works, why it works that way, etc. Our current wiki class pages gives a little of this, but even that is geared more towards someone who already knows a  whole lot about How EQ Works.
FOR INSTANCE: this site http://www.angelfire.com/or2/Wizards/ is horribly designed, but the information about wizards is actually helpful to me. (Not that I'm running a wizard, but you get the gist Wink ) The official EQ database, http://everquest.allakhazam.com/, is less helpful: It has a lot of data, but it is all just descriptive. I can go search for "spell: <name>", but you can't find "how good is this spell", and you can't get even general strategies from a site like that.

Just my 2c, but that turned out to be a lot larger 2c than I thought it would be.

Mine is the drill that will pierce the heavens! Or at least the next tier.

Filthy casual? Yep, that's me!
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 09:08:45 pm »

Thanks, great feedback! Gives me a few ideas I can work with!

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 09:57:36 pm »

I love the wiki, thank you so much for putting it together. One thing I can say as a returning player is that its a bit difficult to get up to speed on all teh changes without reading all the updates. I may try to provide you something if I can get the time.

Also, I think it would be extremely helpful if there if there was a recommended progression process that showed when to do what quests / items and what tiered armor it would then link to the specific wiki section that discusses that particular subject. For example;

1 lvl to 70 - this is the 1st step, it can link to where you talk about this
epic 2.0
epic 2.5
epic 3.0
get some oracle charms for heals ldon
crafters guild, get strike augs
T1
T2
Tofs 1st floor for resists and charms stay here till resists over 1300
tofs 2nd floor stay here until all char have lvl 25 charms completed
HoH - get epic 3.5 pages get v2 charms get t3 /4 tokens
t3 / t4 get armor and 4.0
TofS 3 and 4 get resists up to 1600?
tofs 5 get get all charms up to 50 and make UC? is possible without UC?
T5 SoA mana neck etc...?

Not sure but for me it would be nice to have a roadmap

I did find an error on the ToFS wiki. 3rd floor drops rank 3 resists stones

Code:
"The third floor is the kitchen, dining area and servants quarters. The mobs here hit a bit harder….around HoH/T3 level. This level is gnolls, suits of armor, skeletons and undead maids/butlers. Nasty little AE’s from most of them, and often you will get clumps of 2, 3, 5, 8 at once if not careful. Go slow, ease your way in. A warning: this is the first level where the key holder (enraged shadow beast) is a LOT more powerful than the other mobs, and can self buff with its own speshul version of “stonewall”.

When the enraged pops, kill it ASAP! If it sits unagro'd too long it self buffs and will take forever to kill. Third floor also has some other fun upgrades: v2 charms can drop as well as V1, and the resist stones that drop are [i][b]rank 2[/b][/i]! "

Oh and maybe essential buffs / spells piece would be cool Smiley
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 10:22:31 pm by Warbash » Logged

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 01:08:20 am »

Yeah, missed that in the copy and paste (resist stones changed recently). Corrected, thank you!

As for essential buffs, no such thing. Buffs are a slight help, but you can go from level 1 to T9 and never have a single buff land on you. In fact....after T6 I think buffs are more a placebo than anything. Spells.....they help a ton. But then all spells do. I leave it to the player to decide which are a "must have" for their game play, as this is subjective. Example: IMO druid regen is a must use on pulls....yet one of the most accomplished players on the server claims he never casts it. Again, subjective.

And I thought there WAS a road map? I pretty much wrote this in order....the directory lists everything pretty much in order (since we speak English I list from left to right, then down, then left to right which would only make sense), and the tiers are definitely listed in order. What more were you wanting? And did you miss this section?

Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 01:57:19 am »

ahh thanks, I did miss that Smiley that's what I was looking for.

Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 10:53:31 am »

Could we get the wiki link on left side of forum? I would put under tools as apposed to link though.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 11:09:39 am »

Could we get the wiki link on left side of forum? I would put under tools as apposed to link though.

Done. Wink

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 01:35:52 pm »

nice, thanks Smiley

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 01:59:13 pm »

/ooc anything, because half the time questions are met with helpful answers, another half it's sarcastic answers, and the third half its just flame

Ok I just have to ask how you can have three halves......... Tongue

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2014, 02:40:34 pm »

/ooc anything, because half the time questions are met with helpful answers, another half it's sarcastic answers, and the third half its just flame

rofl

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Phah

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2014, 05:49:17 pm »

By being VERY, VERY good at counting Wink

Mine is the drill that will pierce the heavens! Or at least the next tier.

Filthy casual? Yep, that's me!
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2014, 11:08:27 am »

I've been sent a few items over the last couple weeks, will get off my ass and add them to the wiki. Did a couple already, more inc.

Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2014, 12:14:13 pm »

Hi Chunka,
Take a look at this excel for T5 spawn etc.. if you want to upload it feel free. Its rough and could use some work.

http://snk.to/f-ctmeo3jt

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 84