Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 08:18:03 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Freezing in 1 particular instance only  (Read 4377 times)
Tankdan

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2015, 12:24:25 am »

What would cause all my boxes to freeze up instantly after char select? Raid instance and public work fine, but my guild instance does not. Every one of my chars freeze after char select and will get stuck again unless I use Char Mover each and every time I attempt to zone into guild TOFS.  It happened after I repopped it 2 or 3 times.  Now I cannot enter my guild TOFS till it expires.  It's not on my end because it was working perfectly fine other than the occasional freeze on 1 toon.

guild instance (21279) for frozenshadow
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 12:34:25 am by Tankdan » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 10:43:48 am »

Instead of complaining about this in numerous threads and assuming it has to be server side, try reading in some of the threads you've already dropped a complaint in.

My box army is freezing like non-other, and it is zone specific..  like I enter my guild instance of TOFS and i am stuck loading until I do a fuckin char mover..  wtf.

Most of these work fine on RoF2 client, didnt install anything, just select folder tweaks.  I dont like to completely gimp my clients (e.g. stick figures) but the changes i made have it at:

Memory:
Main Char: 480,000 k
Alts: 270-320,000 k each

Not sure if its on EZ's end, or EQemu.. but this freezing is making it unplayable. 

In your EQ folder, check for a Log folder. Inside it, you should find an error or crash log. This will indicate if WHY you are crashing. I'm guessing it may be missing zone/map file...but who knows. Check that and let me know (or email me directly).

-Hate

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 12:46:11 pm »

Isn't this crash related to a zone file you have to edit to minimize loading ? Just saw the post now I can't find it. Its in the blarr post about stick figures and all.

Keeze
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 05:58:00 pm »

yea like the

dke, dke
 thingy

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent