Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 10:52:02 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: GSoA/AA crystals  (Read 7007 times)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2015, 05:31:19 pm »

Ok ya'll have already heard me complain about 0 gsoa and less than a dozen AA crystals in t9 (that was within farming 100 t9 esse)....got 4 gsoa in t6 within 21 anguish esse....Got another 20 t9 esse AND 26 t8 esse and 0 gsoa and 4 minor crystals....I just don't think RNG is that screwy.  I just see a problem with something like gsoa having a better drop rate in a lower tiered zone over upper/end tiers.  Shocked

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 05:54:09 pm »

Orthanos,

Thanks for bringing this up with in a constructive, non-raging fashion. I doubled checked all of the code, compared literally character for character, and it is sound. Ran it through perl syntax check (whole script and just loot parts), all sound. I'll likely set a debug trigger tonight and repop the zone a few dozen times to see if they are being added to the NPCs correctly. There is nothing in the mob's zone specific scripts that would cause them to "remove" loot (as one can set NPCs to wipe inventory for whatever reason). I even looked up the zone shortname ("oldcommons") in the DB to make sure it wasn't "oldcommon" or "ocommons", but it is exactly "oldcommons".

I will admit, that you are likely able to wreck T6 in quickly (~15min?), I am believing that to play part in this. Can you clear T9 that fast (~15min)? I ask because let's say the drop rate is 1:2000 in T6 and 1:1000 in T9. Let's assume T6 has 500 mobs and T9 has 500.

T6: 500 x 4 = 2000 kills per hour (assuming perfection and these totally arbitrary rates)
T9: 100 x 4 = 400 kills per hour (assuming perfection and these totally arbitrary rates)

Given generalized drop rates and assuming 1:2000 literally means 1 every 2k kills, you are 2x more likely to see one in T6 than T9. I may need to revisit the rates again this evening. I'll be online around 9pm EST if you want to blow up my chat box. :-)

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2015, 06:07:59 pm »

With GSoA, I don't think it matters too much. There will always be plenty for sale if you offer to buy. The amount of people that are done with RoA and can afford to bother with that questline can be counted using your two hands. The AA crystals thing does kinda blow. While it does offer lower levels a chance to sell GSoA and make some extra plat selling something completely useless to them, the AA crystals are in the same boat, only the lower level players CAN use them if they want, or sell them and level up more strike augs / SoA / UW etc etc. The main negative impact the AA crystal situation has is it makes the higher level players want to go back and farm these zones for no reason other than to gain AAs. The AAs earned from killing mobs is faster, the AAs from crystals attained in the lower level tiers is faster.

In summary, the GSoA is fine the way it is, but the drop off of AA vs HP of mobs that occurs in t7 and only gets worse and worse as you move up has always been bleh. I highly doubt any change will come of AA per mob.

The economic problem on the server caused by this has made Anguish essences cheaper than a Water Flask. T6 has been the xp hotspot for years and years, even going back to before AA crystals / GSoA and even before XP was awarded as solo xp to all raid members, when warriors would solo the entire zone over and over and over for RoA ranks.

Also, I should mention this is in NO WAY a QQ post. I do not give 2 shits if my end-game is going back and slamming Anguish. I have 51284301231023 other things to do until that would be the only thing left. So, does it really need to change? Probably not. I think the only one who could say this is all they have left is Rymo, and even that's not true. He could make a second party of UW 11's  Tongue There's always something else to be done.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 06:34:23 pm »

With GSoA, I don't think it matters too much. There will always be plenty for sale if you offer to buy. The amount of people that are done with RoA and can afford to bother with that questline can be counted using your two hands. The AA crystals thing does kinda blow. While it does offer lower levels a chance to sell GSoA and make some extra plat selling something completely useless to them, the AA crystals are in the same boat, only the lower level players CAN use them if they want, or sell them and level up more strike augs / SoA / UW etc etc. The main negative impact the AA crystal situation has is it makes the higher level players want to go back and farm these zones for no reason other than to gain AAs. The AAs earned from killing mobs is faster, the AAs from crystals attained in the lower level tiers is faster.

In summary, the GSoA is fine the way it is, but the drop off of AA vs HP of mobs that occurs in t7 and only gets worse and worse as you move up has always been bleh. I highly doubt any change will come of AA per mob.

The economic problem on the server caused by this has made Anguish essences cheaper than a Water Flask. T6 has been the xp hotspot for years and years, even going back to before AA crystals / GSoA and even before XP was awarded as solo xp to all raid members, when warriors would solo the entire zone over and over and over for RoA ranks.

Also, I should mention this is in NO WAY a QQ post. I do not give 2 shits if my end-game is going back and slamming Anguish. I have 51284301231023 other things to do until that would be the only thing left. So, does it really need to change? Probably not. I think the only one who could say this is all they have left is Rymo, and even that's not true. He could make a second party of UW 11's  Tongue There's always something else to be done.

To be fair, they could be handled via a different system (killed merit) versus straight "adding loot" to mobs. The pro to this is that I could set range for levels that benefit (i.e. "get loot"), then I can set more "adjusted" rates for lowbies and the like, while keeping it fairly consistent across the board. The con would be that powerclearing would be useless (which would cause a fair amount of butthurt), some would likely try to abuse this twinking alts and buffing them out the ass to farm crystals (almost defeating the purpose), and the most efficient way would be farm at the content level a player can enter (which would also cause more butthurt than it's worth).

Just throwing it out there though. :-D

-Hate

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 08:12:49 pm »

May as well consider the thread locked after that post  Grin Nobody's gonna mention this ever again for fear of Anguish nerf
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 09:52:38 pm »

No, not going to rape the zone.

-Hate

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 10:35:50 am »

No Hate, I aint gonna blow up your chat box.....I don't get on NEARLY as much as I use to as I now work 2 jobs.  I appreciate you looking into this....maybe it is just my bad luck.  I just hate farming backwards content...and since t9 is done (short of getting my zerkers the axe off Zerka, which I gave up on)...I am farming t8 for ucv3 on some alt toons....just for something to do and to HOPEFULLY get some gsoa for Raygan.

And to Kruciel....I TRY not to buy anything from folks in-game because the economy/prices are so ridiculous.

Kovou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 04:22:14 pm »

hey hate i know hunter used to joke around about T5/T6 when we got a random emerald off a mob that it was RNG saying we get that instead of a mount. Could that be the case for the GSoA/AA crystals we get a random gem or something instead b/c RNG hates us? lol (hunter did say it was a real thing so idk could this be the cause)?
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 08:56:54 pm »

AH HA! So my big-fat-mouth caught up with me?  That's why my RNG sucks so bad...Hate gonna get his!  Shocked

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 8678