Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 05:26:09 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: CG/FG Alternative  (Read 5949 times)
Darkest

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2010, 11:57:59 am »

Hi, not sure if this has already been brought up, but to cut down on some of the camp queues... would it not be an idea to setup an alternative access path to CG/FG for those that already have access, maybe make it a high end mob that drops CG/FG key, but only make it accessible to those that have already access to CG/FG, maybe even make it so that a key can be purchased for 250AA's or something to help free up some of the backlog and/or some of the excess AA issue?

Darkest
qualin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 12:16:55 pm »

Hunter has already said that there will be no use of banked AA's

As for the "high end mob" that drops a CG/FG key.  Can you imagine the havoc that would create? That mob would be perma camped, and keys would be sold for loot rights to various things....like charm upgrades, etc. At least that is what I would forsee happening.
Mirielle
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 12:19:38 pm »

I would suggest doing what others have already - have other mobs in other, lower populated zones drop identical / alternative items.

Spread the load a little, like we have for the 1.5 book.
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 08:23:41 pm »

Yeah, seems like each step could have 2 possible items, the Lguk/etc item, and something else.  Maybe even something that randomly drops off trash in a zone like Najena, or Sola, or Blackburrow..

I love doing "old school" stuff, it's what brought be to eq_emu in the first place, but I don't particularly like waiting in line to "camp" stuff... that's what drove me away from EQ in the first place!  Cool

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 08:28:48 pm »

well as population increases there will inevitably be waiting periods for camps and loot. Until Hunter gets time to actually sit down and thinkg about what he plans to do for it, and that i dont see for awhile.

walk2k

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 12:39:13 pm »

Of course, just throwing out idears.

good items might be

- Eyerazza, the rog dagger from Fear, drops randomly (infrequent, but not rare) from imps.

- the mage focus items from Najena, random semi-frequent from magicians.

- tear of ?? some earring that drops pretty frequently in Solrotower.

- all kinds of "hides/fur/teeth/skin" from various mobs in higher zones.. or "bars" of velium/etc..  or velious gems from Icewell or Colbalt Scar, the kind used to make velious armor...

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 07:51:37 pm »

i remember a crown from guk or something, had to collect stuff from WW and build faction in upper guk. had a clicky illusion woodelf on it....

That story had no relevance with this other than, could use some of the components from that quest as well for CG/FG alternatives

walk2k

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 12:42:50 pm »

My ideas were more to spread people around, use more of the (non custom) zones.  But anything would be good.  Even just making the current items 100% drop and no PH as someone suggested. 

I also think they should be made no-drop... no reason people should be farming these items to trade for qvic/etc powerlevelling.  Tongue

Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 06:20:24 pm »

Well im looking all over for the thread related to that.
Lots of people complain about FG/CG.... but we all do it

http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=300.0

Best thread proposing a solution rather than cry

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057