Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 12:55:20 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Math is hard  (Read 14556 times)
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2015, 12:13:15 am »

It doesn't take a very geared out alt to crush the Dranik's solo, I'd way rather buy up LP than Dminor through Gmajors because of this.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2015, 01:54:07 am »

Rat will 1 shot you solo now, regardless of gear, but duo works. You just need a body standing near you to soak the initial flurry of attacks and split the damage. If you're alone, he deals more than 100% of whatever your HP is at the time. Still, it's a very good tactic. I did give it a try when my rogue was almost ready to make uw1-11, but unless I was nearing the end of a "UW kit", I don't have the patience to bother with doing that again. I'd rather just let Dranik slowly build me up over time, then run around and snag whatever else I'm missing to finish the set.

TL:DR if your intention is to get as many gminors / dminors as possible in a quick manner, duo dranik is annoying but still much faster than actually farming those essences.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2015, 10:44:21 am »

my pets have very little problem killing the rat with me stand across the room.....

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2015, 10:56:26 am »

my pets have very little problem killing the rat with me stand across the room.....

Mage pet ran in, rat backstabbed mage from 50 feet away. Guess I shoulda stood further back.

ps either way, duo is still the way to go. If you wanna waste the time it takes a pet class to solo the rest of the way be my guest, but I still stand by the pet class / zerker buddy system approach  Cool
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 10:58:05 am by Kruciel » Logged
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2015, 04:38:00 pm »

I typically send in IG pet, hit SA then walk up to max melee range and whack him one shot. Works most of the time.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2015, 04:57:48 pm »

I log in all 12 toons anyway so that may help mitigate the rat...

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2015, 07:18:22 pm »

Well when I run it with the full crew, I don't bother playing the RNG get stabbed game, I stand back with the warrior, target the rat and hit my assist macro and watch my melee run over and dogpile him. That negates it pretty well.
Waraesh

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2015, 07:29:30 pm »

hardest mob sub t10 is still first boss of first daily quest...I may never fully comprehend the hell you guys used to endure daily.

Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2015, 08:08:24 pm »

He really isn't hard at all, if you understand his mechanics.
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/Squealing_Underboss

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2015, 11:53:29 pm »

If you time it right on any melee character, you can send in IG pet and drop him without dying at all.
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2015, 07:58:09 am »

just use a t9 weapon non auged ... can beat him down slowly and never die ... takes about 1 min
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2015, 07:05:01 pm »

Updated Floor 6 ToFS price, since this new spawn method has been in the game for quite some time apparently and I never knew. Now, while farming Svart, you can always check for #an_ice_shade to be up, click the floor 6 mirror, kill him, kill vhal, and kill all the trash and potentially get 1-2 more vhal's. Amon on floor 4 is also spawning from random trash kills, pops on top of the body as it dies, similar to Terrorantula.

Edit: Also added Ult Weapon to the sheet just to see what it actually costs (Essence pricing debatable of course but it's a rough estimate) along with a disclaimer on why you should not waste time doing Ult weapons too early (as many of the newer generation of players seem to feel obligated to get their hands on one ASAP)

In the end, it's just a matter of opinion on when to start an Ult Weapon.... BUT! If your goal is efficiency, it's not opinion it is fact: Ult weapon is not an efficient time vs reward. Do not pass up striking up your team, do not pass up building up your warrior's shield of the ages. It really is going to drain you mentally before you even get to see all the content the server has to offer. You will probably get grinded out attempting it too early, but that's the nature of the server. You grind until you don't feel like grinding anymore, take a break, play other casual games, come back one day and hit the grindstone again.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 03:29:22 pm by Kruciel » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 120
  • Online Ever: 8678