Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 12:22:07 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: EZ Bard Strategy  (Read 7028 times)
revloc02

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2015, 09:28:56 am »

I haven't played on EZ in a few years, and I'm back. I'd like to start a bard just for fun.

Are there bard songs that are more effective on EZ and some that are less effective? Should I even be twisting songs? How should the EZ bard be used?
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 01:37:58 pm »

Load bard account..

delete bard...

create new toon that is useful on EZ server..

never talk about bards again..

helpful? yes/no

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 01:59:14 pm »

Lower tiers bards can add a lot.....mostly keeping mana fed to heavy use classes and adding a little proc damage with Tempest Blade. Later....well, you rapidly discover that they are kind of a one trick pony, useful for their epic click and not much else (min/maxing, I know, but he asked).

Play one if its fun for you, but how they work here is add them to the group, have em sing a couple songs using mq2 twist, and use them to loot bard drops; a bard is not a class you play here, its a class you add to a box team....til about T6 or so Tongue

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 02:48:51 pm »

Bard epic clicks are essentially a song version of VT2 that stacks WITH vt2. there's a reason i run 2 bards  Cool They are able to wield ninja strikes and gain the ability to double attack thru AAs. The epic click is a massive massive dps boost, but you only get 1/3 uptime. It is also raidwide, so with 2 bards  you can have 40 seconds up, 20 seconds down. Also, their magic rune + resist songs are raidwide. They are incredibly good for any team of 12, and more worthy of a spot than an enchanter if you're only going to run 6.

Oh, also they're the only class in the game that has aoe malo, which the custom version here buffs aug damage as well. So they fully buff your entire raid's aug and spell damage from 2 different songs. Ya... They're solid =)

Edit: And the reason I even made a 2nd bard is their songs used to scale for a lot more than they currently do. The Nillipus' Stampede of the Wee III used to absorb a very large amount of physical damage compared to what it does now. It was effectively the only way I could get my melee to attack Dozekar without getting randomly roflstomped every few runs. Mobs here used to Rampage, they also used to get the Worn effects of all the gear they were currently carrying. Which meant Doze used to gain the 200% haste from his chestpieces and he could go RAMPAGE RAMPAGE RAMPAGE in about 2 seconds randomly. Also the Keeper used to get a large chance to crit from Cleave VIII on her helmets, which could crit via Rampage and 1 shot all of your melee. Fun times  Cool But yeah, the rune from Stampeded used to negate more than a full boss hit and prevented a lot of this crap, but some time ago all the bard songs got scaled down a lot rune-wise.

AoE malo + epic click are still working though, reason enough to keep mine around. Zerkers like them songs!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 03:44:45 pm by Kruciel » Logged
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 04:37:06 pm »

Load bard account..

delete bard...

create new toon that is useful on EZ server..

never talk about bards again..

helpful? yes/no

LMAO

EZ Server GM
revloc02

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 06:23:58 pm »

Thanks for the responses.

What is malo and how do I get it?

And if you'll pardon a noob question: What is vt2?
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 06:33:03 pm »

the custom malo song here is called Harmonious Composition. You'll have to check the spell drops on the wiki's for each zone to see when you can grab the various ranks of it.

VT stands for Vampiric Thunder, a custom enchanter buff that increases spell damage (augs and spells alike) VT2 is just an upgraded version dropping in the highest current tier zone, Old Commons.
dozey

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 01:18:58 pm »

Be aware that zone entrance guards will agro you if you hit them with composition, as with any hostile pbaoe.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2015, 01:26:34 pm »

they fixed this a few weeks ago and guards are non agro now

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149