Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 04:47:39 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Got the new mobo in  (Read 7403 times)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2015, 08:25:04 pm »

Ok I got the new board in...and I had to send it back.  Who knew "refurbished" in their eyes meant no I/o panel driver cd or instruction manual...so I order a NEW one : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157304
so shouldn't have anymore issues once I get this in but....I have a few questions once this new board does come in.  And as they say a picture is worth a thousand words so..... The yellow plug is for audio?  the white one is for usb? the black one....Huh? all these look like they go to the front panel of the computer
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 08:26:36 pm by Orthanos » Logged

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 09:31:06 pm »

My guess would be
On/Off button, Power LED, HDD LED, etc

Probably marked on PCB where they unplugged from

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 06:03:27 am »

the yellow and white one I see have something written on the board near the pins and assume that's what they are...the black connector doesn't have anything near it....just looking for someone who may have more experience in this than I do.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 07:27:07 am »

Ok I got the new board in...and I had to send it back.  Who knew "refurbished" in their eyes meant no I/o panel driver cd or instruction manual...so I order a NEW one : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157304
so shouldn't have anymore issues once I get this in but....I have a few questions once this new board does come in.  And as they say a picture is worth a thousand words so..... The yellow plug is for audio?  the white one is for usb? the black one....Huh? all these look like they go to the front panel of the computer

The black is likely USB, yellow is likely Audio (AC'97 or whatever else), white one is likely your front panel nonsense (either gauge/meter or power button). To honestly tell you what they came from, link/list the case. If it was originally a prebuilt (i.e. BestBuy eMachine or Wal-Mart HP), it will get harder, but this isn't a terrible issue. :-)

Email me if you need more help.

References:

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 05:00:58 pm »

Thanks Hate. Maybe when this next board comes in and has a manual it will be better on the install....wonder how much better gameplay will be with 32 ram over 16....kinda excited about that!  I have played 12 with no issues and have run 14 at once w/o issues.... Grin

littlelongbeard

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 08:27:05 pm »

Thanks Hate. Maybe when this next board comes in and has a manual it will be better on the install....wonder how much better gameplay will be with 32 ram over 16....kinda excited about that!  I have played 12 with no issues and have run 14 at once w/o issues.... Grin

Currently I am running 18 with no issues on 32 GB ram and of course my other components help. I also feel I could run 24 easy if I wanted to run more later down the road.

Tankbeard .... and many other bearded toons
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 09:13:47 pm »

I have 18 running atm, currently using 10.5 gigs of RAM out of 16 total. It goes up to 12 gigs or so in t7 / t9. About 13 gigs in t10 (massive massive zones)
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 09:39:32 pm »

Thanks Hate. Maybe when this next board comes in and has a manual it will be better on the install....wonder how much better gameplay will be with 32 ram over 16....kinda excited about that!  I have played 12 with no issues and have run 14 at once w/o issues.... Grin

On Windows 10 it's easy to check how many GBs of RAM you actually use
* Ctrl + Alt + Delete
* Task Manager
* Performance
* Memory

I don't see any way that 16GB could be surpassed by EZ, where 32 would be an improvement. (or for really anything in the year 2015 - 32GB is overkill for literally everything except POSSIBLY high res picture/video editing)

Video card is going to be the bottleneck IMO - what Video Card are you using?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 09:43:01 pm by Darpey » Logged

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2015, 09:51:29 pm »

Nvidea GeForce GTX 650 Ti video card

Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2015, 11:14:21 am »

Currently I am running 18 with no issues on 32 GB ram and of course my other components help. I also feel I could run 24 easy if I wanted to run more later down the road.
I had lots of lag with 18, have 32gb mem i7 sandy and SSD. I split the toons between 3 hard drives and that cured it.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2015, 12:47:13 pm »

And right when ya think everything is going great...a capacitor in your washing machine blows...when your wife has a full load of laundry running....YAY me...at least it's an easy fix...just have to wait for the appliance store to open tomorrow.

Nullyn Void

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2015, 04:15:28 pm »

Depending on how you have your clients setup you should have no problem running a vast army of toons with 32g ram.  When I played on other servers (PEQ and EQTitan) and needed to run my own raids I had no issue running 24 off of 12g with UF.  I could even bump it up to 30 when necessary but then it took forever to zone, and that was back before I had EQ installed on a SSD.

With clients optimized properly you should use around 750mb-1gig on your main with all of the settings on and between 2-400mb per box if you lower them all the way.  Using those numbers should give you a good idea how many toons you can load up before memory becomes your bottleneck, although once you start reaching those numbers processor and video card become bigger issues than running out of memory. 

This was all several years ago though, so not sure what the exact numbers look like now with RoF2 client, and I dont personally load up more than 18 ever anymore.  Although I've gone from 12 to 32g of ram, bought an SSD card, as well as new video card and proc (GTX 970 and AMD FDX-9370 8-core).  So with the type of machine it is possible to build now I have no doubt it'd be possible to run 42+ toons on a single computer, although I don't see why anyone would even want to attempt to do that. 
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 106
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)