Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 09:36:58 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Question for Hateborne  (Read 10678 times)
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2015, 05:57:30 pm »

SO what it sounds like is that instead of 3 strike augs we'll be reduced to 1...great.

Relax, reducing the aug slots is cool. Less to manage Smiley look at the simplicity of managing 2 ninja aug t7 plus vs 2 ninja and 4 ice.

As it is, it's not a big deal to manage.  I'm just not fond of reduction in my DPS.  First the VT *fix*, now this.

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2015, 09:37:20 pm »

Hate, please dont think I am goin after you here, because I am not. But before you've stated you wouldntr make major nerfs/changes without first letting us know. Yeah, I know, its a double edged sword....you get a bunch of people bitching. Thick skin, but....nod, smile, make your changes! But let us KNOW, so we can prep....and  MORE IMPORTANTLY so we can point out issues you might not have foreseen. None of us are infallible Cheesy I mean....its not a massively huge deal that I have to now go camp T9 just for slimy cowardice augs, but its something that could have been prevented with a little heads up.

That being said, I like where you're going with this...and I honestly hope you find a way to make the weapon streamlining work.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2015, 10:09:16 pm »

Yes, as mentioned in thread, in ooc, and just now to you in tells...I lose either way. The change was the least evil way to do it (but it was still crappy). This is kind of the last thing I like to do (as Dimur noted), I've got a weakness towards catering versus screwing you gents. If I said "Hey, I'm scaling all augs up 3x, removing some, and you've got 12h to remove them"...well I'd have everyone at ~5k resists when the change hit.

I understand this screwed some of you, and as mentioned in the now locked thread, if you are literally screwed because of it...PM me which characters, EXACTLY your value before the change, and I'll help get you caught up once I check the backup. Additionally, if anyone is trying to 'game' my willingness to help (reporting augs or a resist value MUUUUCH higher than the backup shows)...you will get a nice week long 'vacation'.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2015, 12:39:16 pm »

My main concern was the DPS hit with the change to the strike aug slots...although I understand that it is needed in order to streamline things more and thats the way the server is going.  I appreciate the work you put in bud, in the end I'm sure it'll all work out.  Don't let the whiners(myself included, lol) get ya down too much.  It's not a game-breaking change, some people may be mad at first but we'll adapt and still continue to play and have fun on EZ Server.  Grin

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2015, 05:08:58 pm »

so we remove that 2nd NSXI on the 2hd weapon or not?

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2015, 05:41:05 pm »

My main concern was the DPS hit with the change to the strike aug slots...although I understand that it is needed in order to streamline things more and thats the way the server is going.  I appreciate the work you put in bud, in the end I'm sure it'll all work out.  Don't let the whiners(myself included, lol) get ya down too much.  It's not a game-breaking change, some people may be mad at first but we'll adapt and still continue to play and have fun on EZ Server.  Grin

LOL you really think I'd cut slots and then go "lol enjoy 66% damage reduction"? That's not even a dick move...that's a progression CRUSHING move.

Rent, no, it's fine for now. I'll give warning if it's changing.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2015, 08:23:51 pm »

LOL you really think I'd cut slots and then go "lol enjoy 66% damage reduction"? That's not even a dick move...that's a progression CRUSHING move.

Rent, no, it's fine for now. I'll give warning if it's changing.

-Hate

Haha, I don't know man, but I was willing to accept it.  FOR ENGLAND!

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Pages: 1 [2]
Print