Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 06:27:59 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Second Group Window  (Read 6558 times)
Dimur

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2016, 02:33:27 am »

So I've been messing around with the UI pieces and found out how to put the mq2 information onto them much like the HUD, but these you can move around because they are just the regular UI windows that are pieces of your Everquest interface.  I gutted the friends window and made it display my 2nd group, unfortunately the client is terrible at updating the health/mana status of them but I put their targets, distance away from control toon and what spells they are casting into the window as well so it's still kind of handy.  Still ironing out the kinks but thought I'd throw up a screenshot of the window as it is now.

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 02:51:11 am »

This is awesome  Smiley

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 05:18:23 am »

Proably the only time I will ever agree with warrior5.....Yes, that is awesome.....wish there was a way to make it look exactly like the group window.....

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Roguetastic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 07:23:55 am »

This looks great.  I'd like to try it out when you're ready to provide a link. 

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2016, 07:44:31 am »

This looks great.  I'd like to try it out when you're ready to provide a link. 

Lol!

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2016, 09:00:21 am »

wish there was a way to make it look exactly like the group window.....

Yeah, I tried to duplicate the group window to make the second window but wasn't able to get it to display and I'm not sure if animation and gauges work with netbots information. With using the friends window it was easy to work off a blank slate to test functionality and I'll likely keep tweaking it as I go. And since it is just a modified default piece, it would be as easy as dropping it into an existing ui.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 09:14:22 am by Dimur » Logged
munga

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2016, 10:04:59 am »

Are you a wizard???
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 03:09:27 pm »

Here's an alternative netbotswindow, this time I used the claim window an set the background to fade to 10 and give it a see through effect.  The claim window is pretty easy to gut and mod and is completely resizable to account for any numbers of netbots clients.

Kelordis

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 03:16:10 pm »

Niiiice, looking forward for the link.

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2016, 03:03:03 pm »

Okay, a few more refinements have been made and I need a couple people to help me alpha test this UI piece.  This will possibly cause a drop in frame rates because of the amount of information displayed, but I want to get some feedback from people to see what I need to tweak to hopefully optimize it.  It'll work best if  you play a control toon from a main directory and use a skinny or at least alternate directory for bots so only one UI needs to process and display the information.  Right now I have entries for 18 clients, but the window is resizable to make it easy to show 6, 12, or 18 toons in 6 person groupings and can be further expanded upon if initial testing is good.

If you are able to test this UI piece and not share it until we get it working, play 12-18 or more clients normally and can offer better feedback than Looks nice or kinda sucks then send me a PM.  This is basically a closed alpha and it's very early in the testing phase so please don't be upset if I don't respond to your PM.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2016, 03:17:16 pm »

Attaching the screenshots of the window to illustrate.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 383