Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 04:37:05 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Thoughts about ezcredits  (Read 4174 times)
Pubis

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2018, 04:13:04 pm »

I'm getting started on this server and have been playing pretty steadily. I realize this is a subject that can probably get pretty prickly and I don't mean to step on toes just give an opinion as a non-established player interested in progressing on the server.

As I've passed HoH and into abyss it's become clear how crucial the free waypoint reward is to progression. I'm ok with this and I think it's a fair price to pay for lots of great custom content. My only issue is that the item costs $100 most of the time but then $50 at predictable but frequent intervals. It puts new players in a bit of a weird place because I don't want to pay double for something I can get a week or two later but it leaves me kind of cooling off on the server while I wait. One possible solution would be to give new players a one time "double credit" for their first purchase.

Anyhow, just an observation and a suggestion. I can go back to waiting patiently for Halloween if this is an unpopular sentiment.
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 12:37:12 am »

I don't think I really had an issue with instance costs until t8. So I just traded for ez credits until I got the free waypoint. There a probably still people holding onto them that are willing to trade.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 07:43:08 am »

You can always ask in /ooc for someone to make you an instance....may not get an answer back immediately but some folks are cool enough to make you one...the you are good for 3 days.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Pubis

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 11:05:41 am »

Cool, thanks for the suggested solutions. An abyss instance for my 7 boxes costs 250,000 platinum which is a LOT for me right now. I'd rather (if possible) use that cash to upgrade strike augs or SoA or other things like that.

The idea to ask in chat is a good one. I'm always a little sheepish about it because I still am pretty new with the syntax of instancing and the possible implications of using someone elses instance. I think I'll try this later though. It's probably my best solution.
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 03:43:15 pm »

I believe a full clear of t5 will also net you more plat than it costs to make so when you can start clearing it you should be able to afford creating and repoping it.
Pubis

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 07:48:12 pm »

I mean for sure, I will probably get more plat making farming than the cost but that doesn't make the cost go away... know what I mean?
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 06:41:48 pm »

It might as well go away. By the time you finish T5 you should have all the plat you need to do all your strike augs and probably SoA for your tank. You will still have plat left over to start T6.
Pubis

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 09:26:24 pm »

Oh ok, I do know there's a point where gold seems to become worthless but for me I'm still scraping together money to try to keep my strike augs up.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 83
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)