Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 12:56:58 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: XP MASK  (Read 6161 times)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2018, 08:09:19 am »

Is there a way to make it so that the XP mask and the zone mask can be comboned in a magic box?  Or would that be too much rewriting of code for each 1000 levels of the xp mask? Just so you can get the benefits of the mask w/o having to switch the two back and forth....1st world problem I know..... Tongue

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
RedDwarf

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 05:17:49 pm »

Would be easier to make the exp masks clickable from a bag instead of worn
But not a major issue to swap when needed

Red

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 08:22:16 pm »

I don't know how items work, so take it with a grain of salt, but couldn't all existing masks just add an aug slot and make the exp mask a clickable aug? You wouldn't have to worry about swapping out items to do a 10 second click once an hour plus you would free up a bag slot.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 03:18:18 pm »

I lurv this idea, Dim!
 Grin

ZerarWarrior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2018, 10:05:14 am »

+1 For Dim's idea!

s0rcier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2018, 02:23:49 pm »

only problems with that idea, is he will have to chage 1000 items Tongue
since their is a 1000 different mask

but nice idea
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 05:51:04 pm »

yeah then maybe all 25ranks will work this way ... it is max now 50 items right ?  XD

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2018, 11:16:49 pm »

only problems with that idea, is he will have to chage 1000 items Tongue
since their is a 1000 different mask

but nice idea

Someone sent a PM regarding this suggestion who knows how EQ SQL updates work far better than me when he saw this post, I don't know that they want their name out there but here's the gist of it:

It is this easy to change all 1000 ranks of the mask in the database.

$sql_query = ("UPDATE Items SET 1 = 1, 2 = 2, 3 = 3 WHERE Name LIKE 'Mask of Experience%'");

changing the numbers to item slot aug type etc. I just input numbers because i am not infront of my server's database to view the correct data right now.
s0rcier

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2018, 11:22:57 pm »

what type of augs? hp one? or resist one? or a new type that will require an update on all mask to fit in and not loose resist or hp...
anyway usuable from inventory would be great... an augs i like the idea...
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2018, 01:34:33 am »

couldn't all existing masks just add an aug slot and make the exp mask a clickable aug?

Each item can have up to 5 aug  slots if I am not mistaken, so it'd be simple to add a new aug slot to all items that can be worn in the face slot.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2018, 11:10:00 am »

couldn't all existing masks just add an aug slot and make the exp mask a clickable aug?

Each item can have up to 5 aug  slots if I am not mistaken, so it'd be simple to add a new aug slot to all items that can be worn in the face slot.

Would be cool to add an Ultimate aug slot x1 to Mask 500 and 2 ultimate aug slots to xp mask 1000

Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2018, 03:59:53 pm »

I think it would be cool if there was an Augment of the Ages that will only go into the mask of experience. Each rank of the aug can only fit into a specific range of masks. For example rank 1 AoA would only go into masks 1-100, rank 2 in masks 101-200 etc. Would be a good way to give another ranked item to build up but lock it behind another item so it's not an immediate boost for everyone.
Actually instead of Augment of the Ages (because I don't want to just regurgitate the Ages item line over and over again), create an evolving augment that uses the evolving items and just put requirements for each evolution that you have to accomplish certain things within each tier to get the next evolution of the aug. Since the evolution items don't HAVE to be evolved once they reach 100% of the requirements they can still be set to only fit into specific ranges of the exp mask.
It would also give a benefit to anyone who has completely maxxed out the mask or anyone who the only reason to farm aas is to work on the mask while not giving too much benefit to people at lower mask ranks (assuming the aug starts with very low stats and get bigger increases as it's rank goes up). The people who actually need the xp buff the most would get lesser stats while the people who need it the least get better stats.

BUT while I think it's a cool idea I would rather either leave the mask alone or just add a way to give it the same stats as whatever tier you are in like the original post was suggesting. I like the idea of only making characters more powerful with big content releases or events.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 04:15:12 pm by Brannyn » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 120
  • Online Ever: 8678