Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 17, 2024, 01:20:08 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Word of Warning  (Read 7855 times)
Secrets

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2010, 05:11:18 pm »

SOE has updated the steam install of SoD to a date of July 8th, 2010. Users who use this client will experience an issue with the spellfile. The EQEmu team is already notified of this.

If you want a clean SoD install, back it up now. It's possible it won't be supported much longer, and EQEmu will move on to the next client.
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 03:45:51 pm »

What do you mean?  SoD won't be supported?  Huh

Even though 5-yr old Titanium still is?

zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 04:19:12 pm »

Sod will be supported if you backup the client or do not log into Steam (as doing so will upgrade the client to Underfoot and will semi-break compatibility. The spells won't work properly and a few other issues)

If you got, or are going to get, SoD through...other means...it will still work as well.

They're working on making the new version compatible as well so hang onto the client if you bought it in the last couple days or accidentally upgraded it.

Good thing about this is, as EQEmu chases Live using Steam as a basis, each time it upgrades you keep your current client until the new version becomes compatible then you simply log into Steam to upgrade it for free.

Blood of the Akkadian
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 06:20:35 pm »

Been out of the Live loop, Underfoot is the most current expansion at the moment yeah? So when this becomes compatible with EQEmu we just sit and wait for the next expansion to be released and begin work again? Sounds pretty great to me.

I am by no means and expert on any of the server side stuff, but i do have a rather off topic question. I remember reading something about everything up to a certain expansion (maybe Luclin) was good to go when being used. Zones were pre populated all you had to do was load up server and you had yourself a classic server set up. After that point though, you have to use a packet reader to populate your zones with live content.

I could be completely mistaken, but have been curious about this for a bit and never really asked til now. I imagine a few could answer it pretty well if they care to

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 06:43:15 pm »

PEQ who does the db is up to PoP LDON I believe.  So anything after that (and custom zones of course) you have to populate yourself.  He's currently working forward from PoP though, may even have a lot of it done just not quite ready for prime time.

edit: looks like he's up to LDON but has released a few GoD(?) zones on his server (PEQ:The Grand Creation) don't know if he's sourced them into the eq_emu database though.

As for SoD - I moved it out of the steam folder long ago (right after DL it actually, and even made a backup copy).  So that's good.  Cool
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 07:11:18 pm by walk2k » Logged

zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 08:30:50 pm »

Been out of the Live loop, Underfoot is the most current expansion at the moment yeah? So when this becomes compatible with EQEmu we just sit and wait for the next expansion to be released and begin work again? Sounds pretty great to me.

I am by no means and expert on any of the server side stuff, but i do have a rather off topic question. I remember reading something about everything up to a certain expansion (maybe Luclin) was good to go when being used. Zones were pre populated all you had to do was load up server and you had yourself a classic server set up. After that point though, you have to use a packet reader to populate your zones with live content.

I could be completely mistaken, but have been curious about this for a bit and never really asked til now. I imagine a few could answer it pretty well if they care to

PEQ is prepopulated up to LDON

You can also download .sql files to source in new zones from here http://www.projecteq.net/logs/ (you must be logged into PEQ forums to see/download them)
They have been collected from Live however they don't collect the full spawn rotations, only what is currently up, they also don't have correct hp etc and no loot tables so it still requires some work once sourcing. However it saves you the time of doing most of the spawns and it places all the doors/objects/elevators etc for you. So it makes life easier, although it also has a habit of collecting people's horses that were being used at the time...

Blood of the Akkadian
drippysloppy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 09:01:37 pm »

Actually they're up to GoD (well almost all of GoD they haven't done the raid zones yet). I play on that server a few times a week Tongue

Balthor2
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 09:24:08 pm »

would seem silly to ditch the client at this time. Not a whole lot of people use SoF compared to titanium and it receives a lot of loving.

Not to endorse torrents but SOD client as it was first released on steam has been out there since day 1 of the steam release.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 101
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)