Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 01:36:18 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Forager(s) in Trak  (Read 5104 times)
Boraxo

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2010, 11:22:41 am »

This is not a problem - it's more out of curiosity than anything.  I've gotten a few idols and while it sometimes takes some time, it's never all that long. I should note that I've never been in there with a tracker, which I admittedly should probably do.

If you've been in this zone more than a couple times, you have probably figured out that there are a couple of static spots where you will generally find a bunch of Froglok Hunters all stacked up, often with some other named from the zone.  I can't recall more than once or twice where there was not at least one and usually multiple hunters at either of those spots. If you know where those spots are, it is almost always very trivial to get the Hunter's medallion shortly after you get there.

There is a place in the northwest corner near the river where a Forager can spawn, fairly unpredictably as far as I can tell.  If you kill one, it may re-spawn 45 minutes later or it may re-spawn 2 minutes later (I would love to see the script for all this, but that's a different subject).   Once and only once I have seen a stack of foragers on this spot.   More often than not there is no mob at all there.  I have never been able to figure out how to get one to spawn in the first place - it just seems to happen eventually if you wait long enough. 

So my questions are:  Is there another spot or spots for foragers that anyone is aware of?  Are there more spots for hunters for that matter?  Does anyone have any idea of how to manipulate/control these various spawn points?  Thanks in advance if anyone is willing to share.

ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 11:23:43 am »

There are 3 or 4 spots throughout the zone that spawn the names.
Best to bring a ranger.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 11:28:00 am »

They both spawn in different locations. They both have about 14 place holders each. They both have a 2 minute respawn time, which means if you kill the PH or Named, you get another chance 2 minutes later. Kill them and find their spawn location, and you could kill PH over and over every 2 min until you get the named.

As far as the XY location, I might have mentioned it long time ago, forgot. Either way, happy hunting!

Hunter - EZ Server GM
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 12:13:41 pm »

I marked 3-4 spots on my map.  There is usually 5-20 of each frog stacked up on that spot (plus other crap, some named etc..)  Not sure what's up there, buggy pathing I guess.  Anyway it never takes me more than 5 minutes to get the idol.

Bringing a tracker will just screw you up since they tend to get stuck under the world too, you'll just be spinning around in circles.  Maybe bring one the first time to find the "stuck" spots and mark them on your map.  After that you don't need it.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 93