Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 05:05:10 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: LDON instances "not ready" stole my plats!  (Read 11758 times)
Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 12:56:56 pm »

Wherever you check first, I posted the new script for you Hunter. If you need anything just E-Mail me bro.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?p=191784#post191784

EZ Server GM
revloc02

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 12:52:11 am »

This is a somewhat related issue. I paid a 1k ldon instance and then died in there and I couldn't get back in until I paid again. Is that how it is supposed to work? It seems like it is not because when you hail the instance guy he tells you a couple of purple clickies. If ya click one he tells you that you haven't paid yet. So the only reason I can figure them clickies being there is if you had paid and you need to get back in. If they are for something else someone please enlighten me. Otherwise I am chiming in that it is not working correctly.
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2010, 01:09:56 am »

It is my understanding that you pay every time you enter to discourage people hopping through all of them and killing everything.
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2010, 07:50:55 am »

This is a somewhat related issue. I paid a 1k ldon instance and then died in there and I couldn't get back in until I paid again. Is that how it is supposed to work? It seems like it is not because when you hail the instance guy he tells you a couple of purple clickies. If ya click one he tells you that you haven't paid yet. So the only reason I can figure them clickies being there is if you had paid and you need to get back in. If they are for something else someone please enlighten me. Otherwise I am chiming in that it is not working correctly.

They are working correctly.

it's 1k/2k to get through the door, no matter how many times you  have paid it in the past.  If you die, you can get rez'd back if someone is there to do it. Otherwise you are out your cash.

You don't have to talk to the npc to get into a 1k/2k instance. Just hand them 1k or 2k plat and you are zoned into the correct instance.

They are also on a timer, just like guild instances. If there is no instance up, it creates it when you zone in and you have the full 24 hours. IF the timer has 10 minutes left on it when you enter, your 1k/2k plat only buys 10 minutes. That's just the way it is, no refunds.

I love the concept. Wouldn't change a thing (except maybe the timer). Been using it a couple days for charm upgrades.
revloc02

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2010, 12:47:23 pm »

It is my understanding that you pay every time you enter to discourage people hopping through all of them and killing everything.
Ah, understood.

They are working correctly.
Ok.

it's 1k/2k to get through the door, no matter how many times you  have paid it in the past.  If you die, you can get rez'd back if someone is there to do it. Otherwise you are out your cash.
Good idea.

You don't have to talk to the npc to get into a 1k/2k instance. Just hand them 1k or 2k plat and you are zoned into the correct instance.
Yup, knew that already, but thanks.

They are also on a timer, just like guild instances. If there is no instance up, it creates it when you zone in and you have the full 24 hours. IF the timer has 10 minutes left on it when you enter, your 1k/2k plat only buys 10 minutes. That's just the way it is, no refunds.
Read that in an earlier post.

I love the concept. Wouldn't change a thing (except maybe the timer). Been using it a couple days for charm upgrades.
Good for you. It's working for me too.

But here's my not-so-earth-shattering-but-I-can't-help-my-curiosity question: Why the purple clicky links when you hail him? What are they for? I'm just wondering Huh
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2010, 01:02:54 pm »

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2010, 01:06:33 pm »

But here's my not-so-earth-shattering-but-I-can't-help-my-curiosity question: Why the purple clicky links when you hail him? What are they for? I'm just wondering

if we're on the same page, its to go to the individual [regular] ldon levels?
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2010, 01:50:20 pm »

The purple clicky links worked last time I tried them. When I clicked it, the NPC tells me to hand him the cash.

I think Hunter originally was planning to code them just like waypoints and take the 2k from an account. But it is less buggy to just use the cash turn-in as the trigger because waypoints are known to eat your plat if in an account.

I suggested before that the newbie vendor sell a weightless item for the turn in. Hunter liked the idea but I think he is focused on other area's... so get used to lugging some plat around.
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2010, 04:25:55 pm »

NOTE:

Just see what happens, I gave the instance bot 2173 plat instead of 2000.

IMPORTANT if you give him anything other than exact amounts, you LOSE your plat. It just takes it and does not teleport you.

So, ONLY GIVE EXACT AMOUNTS. 1000 or 2000.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 100
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)