Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 10:04:56 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Guild Quest Camping  (Read 5153 times)
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2010, 02:18:30 am »

As posted by hunter:
GUILD QUEST CAMPS
Same as other camps. You can hold it as long as you don't go afk for more than 5 minutes during the time a mob is up. Do not loot corpses you didn't kill, unless the person that killed it expresses to you that you can do so. I will start making 100kpp instances for high demand and over camped items.

Now it doesn't mention what I keep seeing happening (especially in LGuk), one person on multiple boxes camping the whole thing. I can see if they buy a guild instance, they can do whatever they want.... But this is happening in the public instance. I am just curious if this is acceptable?
If it is great I can fire up my mini army and start doing it myself, and if it isn't I would rather know before I start doing the same to compete with the ones already doing it.

Lexington

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 02:22:26 am »

it's been brought up before but the only part of rules that really says it's not allowed is- don't be a douche, camping multiple spawns with boxes is being a douche

Lyricz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 02:30:43 am »

Camping multiple spawn with boxes in a public instance, that's just not cool.
Just talk to them, 90% chance they will be smart asses and get highly defensive. This is where you SS
and post it on the forums.

Haters Gonna hate.
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 02:33:20 am »

Its not something I want to do, but to compete with the people already doing it I have to resort to using their tactics. Thats the whole point of my post.
I would rather see some rule put in place saying you can't dominate a zone with boxes, or that if you want to box the spawns you have to buy the 100k instance.
Then I could simply use my single box to camp the odd item I need from time to time.

krujo81

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 05:00:49 am »

@Lyricz Dude that sig is awsome! nom nom nom =)

Likkety

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 06:02:57 am »

Unfortunately, there's no real way to prove someone is boxing multiple camps. Hunter can see it by IP address but even that's not fool proof. More than once, in Guk, I was camping a spawn and so was my wife on her comp. Some names are obviously boxers but it's not always like that.

"90% of what is considered "impossible" is, in fact, possible. The other 10% will become possible with the passage of time & technology." -Hideo Kojima
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 08:34:27 am »

Experienced this once in Lguk. Terrible feeling to be ripped off like that.

I really made the guy pee his pants though because I sat all my toons in each camp and said "I hope you're fast"

I merit generally its OK to be a douche if you're dealing with one. (YES i talked to him very extensively, trying to just talk him out of letting me have ONE camp, yes one, when he had the other ~4, when he was just childish and unwilling)

Turns out he had to go anyway Wink Then i just kept the one camp I originally asked for. Because multiboxing spawns is a douche move.
revloc02

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 10:18:30 am »

Because multiboxing spawns is a douche move.
agreed

I actually emailed Hunter about this, and he encouraged me to buy an instance and explained that I could make a lot of money doing it that way. Turns out he was right. This is not my attempt to put words into Hunter's mouth he can speak for himself. So here's the point: It is not right for one guy boxing to hold a bunch of camps, he should be buying an instance.

A suggestion for those dealing with these hoarding, selfish players, buy and instance and make some money.

For those wondering how to afford a 100k instance, this post helped me.
http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=406.0

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65024
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 97
  • Online Ever: 8678