Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:49:02 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Ranger Recom.  (Read 17606 times)
Natahlvin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2010, 08:08:23 am »

Confused  Undecided
Mostly all people in-game was saying Rangers wasn't really on par with the other classes, when the question was asked by someone.
And I know, one should not take everything said in /ooc too serious.

But I guess I'll make my own opinion when I'm on the higher tiers.
Cracken

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 08:27:51 am »

Wow let me start with nub stfu and stop your QQ'in that is all. Lol and your so wrong if you think a rangers only job is dps. Ranger is label as a hybrid class for a reason. That reason is that its not a tank class/ not a healer/ not a buffer/ not a dps but all these things in one. Tho the ranger is not the best in any of these categories but able to fill every role as needed. Yes the ranger class on ez server is mostly range dps period but i still can achieve the other aspects with ease.  

People were making it fine through PoG way before this new patch of augments were add to quell the QQ of the server wanting their dps  upped. Not to cut short hunters work because I think the crafter guild and everything along with it was an amazing addition to the game. Just people as a whole are never happy with what they have even knowing they can go on playing the class without trouble and be able TO DO THEIR JOB WITH THE CLASS they still want more. Sigh and life goes on.... Grin

Cracken
~GL of Classic Composers
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 08:37:08 am by Cracken » Logged
Natahlvin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 08:37:34 am »

Ok, I think you missunderstood me a bit. I wasn't really complaining. I was merely saying people are very contradicting in what they are telling the noobs on this server.

And I love the Ranger, always played a Ranger in EQ (and other games for that matter). And I know what they are capable of. I am not in the higher tiers yet, so I can't be sure what they are like compared to the other classes. That said, in my trio I am gearing up my warrior primarily as that is the way to go people have told me  Roll Eyes
But when he's at a satisfied level and can help my other 2 more easily, my Ranger is the main focus. And I dont f***ing care if he's a gimp in other ppl's eyes.
Edit: Not saying that they ARE! As I don't know yet!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 08:41:38 am by Natahlvin » Logged
Cracken

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 08:42:12 am »

Post wasn't directed at you , Natahlvin. But the OP. Enjoy your ranger and Ez its good times to be had as far as the eye can see.  Wink Tho fallout new vegas is taking up most of my time now a days its still not Ez.   Grin

Cracken
~GL of Classic Composers
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 08:48:13 am by Cracken » Logged
Natahlvin

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 08:53:01 am »

I hear ya, after posting I kinda looked over and thought about that Wink

/insignificantRant on
On a totally different note..
It just doesn't feel right, when trying to track for wisps to get my Superior Lightstone, and I get outmatched by a little gnome warrior or something running around killing them. I'm like, wth! And then I learn about MQ2  Roll Eyes
Oh well, mainly it's just comical.
/insignificantRant off
Nomras

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2010, 01:43:28 pm »

i hear you opinion and it only represents your mentality. if you have something productive to say please go ahead other wise get the fuck out.
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2010, 02:11:22 pm »

If you guys would run some parses and post some hard numbers,you might actually get looked at. But just complaining without putting in the time to see whats up is a total waste of time and forum space.

I have no clue where rangers fall in terms of DPS,but if they are way off and someone would put in the time to show this,and offer realistic fixes something might get done.

Hunter doesnt have the time to do true class balancing,thats our job ! And he has showed a willingness to tweak things if convinced theres a problem !

Knowing nothing about rangers I cant help much without some numbers. But in theory,imo, Ranger melee shouldnt be outstanding anyways,but Rangers ranged Bow dmg should pretty good. Not on par with true melee dps mind you,but it should be more than their melee dps.

This is not a flame on rangers or anything,just a plea to do more than complain. Actually take steps to fix this class,if it even need fixing. Hunter is just one man with a shitload on his plate,help him help you !

gamparse link below,if you need help setting it up PM me or something,I help all I can ! I'd like to see more rangers and such running around !
http://gambosoft.com/forum/
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 02:19:22 pm by Nindalf » Logged
Nomras

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2010, 02:14:19 pm »

aight Nidalf, i tried running the parse multiple times but it isn't working for me lately. i will post some numbers as soon as i fix the problem
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2010, 02:40:49 pm »

I'm curious where to rangers fall in terms of DPS myself. If someone could run some 5-10 minute parses for melee and ranged. Not looking for max DPS,but a general standing of what your weapons are doing. Testing with a RoA 100 and ultiamte charm isnt going to give a general idea. Naked with noobie charm v2 or low lvl charm and T1 gear with combat effects at most.

For gamparse,turn on all you filters for my misses,my hits,spell damage,my crits,etc for each char you want to parse. Do this individually for each char as trying to parse multipe chars from just one log doesnt always add up right. If this lags ya or bothers ya,send them to a window of their own,and minimize it.

Oh yea,make sure you do a /log on for each char your parsing. And remember "Show mine only" doesnt work,so have to set to just plain ole 'Show'
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 02:53:22 pm by Nindalf » Logged
Cracken

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2010, 06:30:50 pm »

i hear you opinion and it only represents your mentality. if you have something productive to say please go ahead other wise get the fuck out.

Lol and i hear your QQ'in and you can go hold yourself in a corner. Have something productive to say??? All i hear from you is junk that complains about a class i don't' think needs to be fixed or have any added buffer. You can't make your point by telling someone "to get the fuck out". I have the right to my opinion just as you do. So if you don't like it and aren't ready for people to state their opinion when you make a topic then don't even start one. Lol people bring me great enjoyment  Grin !!!

Cracken
~GL of Classic Composers
Wack

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2010, 06:37:21 pm »

id really just like to see trueshot reuse lowered.

Wack 70 Pal Wudii 70 War
Covert 70 Rng Wudiil 70 War
Wacks 70 Pal Wudiv 70 War
Wudi 70 War
Callo 70 Mag
Zakik 70 Monk
Nomras

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2010, 04:52:14 am »

Cracken, if you are presenting you opinion in a proper way and stating facts then u would draw our attentions. you are just trying to act like the bad ass in the forum stating your opinion with lack of knowledge is the reason why i said get the fuck out.

the whole topic is to go through the class weaknesses and strength. i didn't QQ or what that suppose to mean or whine. i only stated my opinion in a proper manner i never said the class is broken but it is incomplete. if you do not agree then that is your opinion and noted. (no further comments)

i dont want this topic to be about you because i dont care about you. i want to focus on the class more and get everyone's opinion and not only you.

the fact that we need to run a parse is a good idea but i dont want to run it naked, i want to run it with proper gear to see if Ranger (with High end Gear) will match the other classes.

reducing the True shot timer is what i am also looking for and hopefully our demands will be fulfilled.
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2010, 07:13:15 am »

id really just like to see trueshot reuse lowered.

Simple, but would be effective and easy to do.
Cracken

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2010, 08:19:11 am »

Lol one thing little nub i'd like to state that i have a ranger so my opinion comes from experience not just words with no weight to them. I'm not trying to act like anything but state my opinion about the ranger class so stop wasting my time with your childish games. I already stated that i think rangers are fine dps and i think they do the job they are suppose to do. Yes lowering TS timer would be an awesome and great idea but do i think its needed. No. But thats just how i feel about the class. So once again if you want to  whine about someone feeling that a class he plays is working fine then don't start a topic nub. Now i have stated my opinion on the class and thats that. So stop this little tag off and go back to playing your ranger.

Cracken
~GL of Classic Composers
Natahlvin

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2010, 12:20:40 pm »

I really liked some of the AA's that come at a later point closer to SoD era. But I dunno how this server is going to evolve (or has evolved up to now) further on. And for that to happen, the people over at EQEmulator have to do their stuff first I guess.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 75