Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 06:37:10 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: New server hardware  (Read 21733 times)
Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2010, 09:47:41 pm »

How many times do we hear PoFire crashed over the months but we never see a zone reconnect... Like I said, just pointing out: Crashing a Zone is still possible when over pulling.

I was using Rampage + Aug V x4.
I think the Aug 5 when it kills a bunch of mobs all at once, that's when it causes a zone to hiccup/lockup

You are confusing your client crashing with the zone crashing. If a zone crashes you will see a yellow zone message.

Incorrect, the yellow zone message is only on Linux, not Windows. There are certain debug flags that determine the zone crash message showing.

We compiled in release anyway, so that furthers the EQDEBUG flag.

Another thing to note is there is only one known EQEmu crash that we've yet to fix related to AIYellForHelp, but if you are nuking NPCs that should not be the case.

Another thing that could have happened is you pulled the entire zone, and your client desynched as stated. After 20% packet loss the server drops your connection, just as an FYI.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2010, 09:51:52 pm »

How many times do we hear PoFire crashed over the months but we never see a zone reconnect... Like I said, just pointing out: Crashing a Zone is still possible when over pulling.

I was using Rampage + Aug V x4.
I think the Aug 5 when it kills a bunch of mobs all at once, that's when it causes a zone to hiccup/lockup

You are confusing your client crashing with the zone crashing. If a zone crashes you will see a yellow zone message.

Incorrect, the yellow zone message is only on Linux, not Windows. There are certain debug flags that determine the zone crash message showing.

We compiled in release anyway, so that furthers the EQDEBUG flag.

Another thing to note is there is only one known EQEmu crash that we've yet to fix related to AIYellForHelp, but if you are nuking NPCs that should not be the case.

Another thing that could have happened is you pulled the entire zone, and your client desynched as stated. After 20% packet loss the server drops your connection, just as an FYI.

I stand corrected, sorry Femme. I was unware of the yellow text message only being linux. Hunter will have to pull the zone crash info then since no one else will be able to see it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 110
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)