Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 04:32:23 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: Are WARs and PALs OP making other classes not viable?
Both WARs and PALs are OP - 13 (22.8%)
Only WAR are OP - 4 (7%)
Only PAL are OP - 3 (5.3%)
Neither are OP - 34 (59.6%)
Click here if you are too biased because you play a entire group of just WAR/PAL :-) - 3 (5.3%)
Both WAR and PAL are OP and so is <class> (comment below) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Are WARs and PALs OP? Vote away!!!  (Read 9986 times)
Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2010, 08:44:42 am »

I'm in the process of making an ench/mag/bl/cler/wiz/ranger group.

I'm rather sure I can hit at least up to PoD, possibly even HoH with them - Well, that is, unless a lot of those classes get nerfed to bits.

Maybe someone should start exploiting with pets so Hunter disables all the pets for the pet classes?

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2010, 10:38:12 am »

Your enchanter will be largely unused, your mage and bst pets will get you killed when you encounter mobs that summon adds as they will stay on the main mob. Even if you switch them to adds just as soon as the main mob ramps your pets will go back to the main mob. Your wiz will take up too much of your time with casting and your cleric will end up tanking because you have no strong agro pull. Without help you will start hitting brick walls in BoT.

Zartaxis

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2010, 01:12:24 pm »

There was a change log in July that said pets no longer take rampage damage.  Is that true?  Also where do the enchanter pet spells drop?  I Think I saw one in qvic off of the sand monster.
elricward

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2010, 05:24:07 pm »

I for one would hope that the other classes are brought up to a more playable level but class balancing is an issue in even the most well played and popular MMO's. No matter how hard Hunter tries...there's always going to be complaints about one class or another.

As is currently stands yea, pallies have insane survivability and that only goes up when paired with a war at least up to T2. As it stands now, pallies make the perfect boxer class...low micromanagement for heals...does it make the game easy to a point, yea...but then that's why alot of us joined a server with a giant EZ in the name.
wrxBRAH

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2010, 07:06:55 pm »

The way I see it the other classes are very viable but it sucks trying to play them effectively while boxing.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 65
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)