Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 09, 2024, 09:13:17 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Has HoH been changed?  (Read 14242 times)
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2010, 11:41:36 pm »

Likkety send me a tell next time on or send me a pm via here.

Poop
Balthor2
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2010, 03:48:23 am »

Hell you made your point that you think his group setup is inferior but then again coming from you that means jack and shit. He is fine.
Apology

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2010, 08:25:53 am »

* Wishy-washy intuition based argument void of facts or reasons - check.
* Ad hominem attacks -- check

Based on your intellectual capacities, here's a website that might be relevant to your interests;
http://www.gop.com/

edit: if that one is too wordy for you, try;
http://www.paulysplayhouse.com/
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 08:29:27 am by Apology » Logged

Apology, 70 Ranger. Jeddas, 70 SK.
JDFriend

Older i get the less i care to understand

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2010, 02:18:53 pm »

These topics and any lately make me sick. Before you flame me listen to what i have to say please. Likkety is a guildie of mine, im backing him on his question.

Paladins suck now, yes they suck, idc who says they proc the same... we dont! So all i see here rather then saying " yes its broken, yes lets look at fixing it" is " roll sk" or " add another clr" .......

Who's fault is it that prior to Sunday everything worked, now we have to make new box groups to do the same crap we did before with setup we had. Why in Gods name is it acceptable to just say " oh, its ok, the code is all screwed up, so now we can just box 9 toons to do stuff instead of 4, or Roll the now UBER shd, and solo it all.

Why do we have to adjust to a screw up?...... makes no damn sense to me at all

Look for a solution i ask, not another timesink. Far too many timesinks already with T5 right around the corner.

Brianlb

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2010, 02:32:00 pm »

These topics and any lately make me sick. Before you flame me listen to what i have to say please. Likkety is a guildie of mine, im backing him on his question.

Paladins suck now, yes they suck, idc who says they proc the same... we dont! So all i see here rather then saying " yes its broken, yes lets look at fixing it" is " roll sk" or " add another clr" .......

Who's fault is it that prior to Sunday everything worked, now we have to make new box groups to do the same crap we did before with setup we had. Why in Gods name is it acceptable to just say " oh, its ok, the code is all screwed up, so now we can just box 9 toons to do stuff instead of 4, or Roll the now UBER shd, and solo it all.

Why do we have to adjust to a screw up?...... makes no damn sense to me at all

Look for a solution i ask, not another timesink. Far too many timesinks already with T5 right around the corner.

Does this mean neither one of you are going to roll an SK?
If his group is war/monk/rog/cler/pally/pally and his war is 125k hp and he's still dying. I don't know what to tell you. Soloing them I have like a 50% success rate. Add a cleric and I'm golden.
As far as changing things you have a few choices. Wait to see if the people at PEQ change the source, ask Hunter change  the proc rates, or stop bitching and accept it. Pally's don't suck, neither do clerics. Sure the procs are a little less, but if you have a full group like just mentioned that I'm going to assume is mostly T2 geared and you're still dying it's something way beyond the procs.

Anema, Guild Leader of Explicit Content
lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2010, 04:07:02 pm »

Put the haste cap back at 100% and the procs will be the same as they were before it was changed.

Items with more than 127% haste will still be recognized, but your final haste value will just be capped at 100% plus whatever v3 you have.

With the low delay on most epics I would guess that most of the server doesn't even get any benefit from the haste cap being raised.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2010, 04:25:45 pm »

Put the haste cap back at 100% and the procs will be the same as they were before it was changed.

Items with more than 127% haste will still be recognized, but your final haste value will just be capped at 100% plus whatever v3 you have.

With the low delay on most epics I would guess that most of the server doesn't even get any benefit from the haste cap being raised.

Not trying to stir up an argument here but this is not true. When the haste cap was put on, my monk lost 30% damage. I parsed it, the parses are on the forums. When the haste cap was removed, my dps went back up. If you lower the haste cap, proc rates will go down even farther, because you will be swinging less. The chance was made fundamentally to the way procs work which is a separate issue than haste.

Balthor2
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2010, 04:49:06 pm »

Procs have gone down, Hunter doesnt believe us.
Not sure what to tell you guys.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2010, 04:58:07 pm »

Oh I believe procs have gone down. I think Balthor and others have explained it has instead of getting one chance per aug per swing, you now have one chance per swing.

lerxst2112

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2010, 06:32:00 pm »

If you look at the code, you will see that proc chances are based on your haste, uncapped. 

Your weapon swings are based on haste as well, however there is a cap on the minimum delay a weapon can have.

Because of this, having the haste cap set above what you actually can use because of the delay cap means that you gain no benefit from additional haste, but you get all the penalty from the reduced proc chance per swing.

Don't believe me?  Try it.  Reduce your haste to something ~100% and count the procs, then increase it and count the procs again.

The one proc per swing issue existed before the haste cap was increased, but the haste cap being increased made it much worse.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2010, 12:43:12 am »

If you look at the code, you will see that proc chances are based on your haste, uncapped. 

Your weapon swings are based on haste as well, however there is a cap on the minimum delay a weapon can have.

Because of this, having the haste cap set above what you actually can use because of the delay cap means that you gain no benefit from additional haste, but you get all the penalty from the reduced proc chance per swing.

Don't believe me?  Try it.  Reduce your haste to something ~100% and count the procs, then increase it and count the procs again.

The one proc per swing issue existed before the haste cap was increased, but the haste cap being increased made it much worse.

I second this. When using just spell haste and my brawlers 137% haste I proc ever single combat round. Not on every single swing, but once per combat round. When I use the monk T4 spell, which has 200% haste, my procs are severely reduced. There is sometimes 3 and 4 rounds that I don't proc anything. I will follow up with a detailed parse soon.

Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2010, 02:01:48 am »

Yup I looked into it and shits broken again guys.

Poop
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6143
  • Latest: Toluene
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65077
  • Total Topics: 5061